KST Private Transfer Service from Sydney Airport to Hotel

2goldens

Has anyone used KST Shuttle Service from the Sydney Airport to their hotel in the CBD? We are looking at arranging with them a private service to pick 4 of us up from the airport and take us directly to the hotel. There will be no other people in our vehicle - just 2 couples and all our luggage for our cruise in a couple of days. Just want to make sure this is a reliable company. Also, if our plane lands at 8:20 am into Sydney - what time do I tell them to pick us up at?

Also, if our plane lands at 8:20 am into Sydney - what time do I tell them to pick us up at?
You can normally expect to exit from customs into the meeting area in 45-60 minutes.

Do they actually want a precise time from you? Do they also want your flight number? Most such companies will keep an eye on the actual arrival times of flights, as the flight could easily be half an hour early or half an hour late without anyone even blinking.

I think that this is one of the "usual suspects" at Sydney airport, but most people who discuss it are using their shared shuttle that does multiple drops instead of booking a private vehicle. Personally, I see little advantage in pre-booking a private transfer instead of simply getting a taxi, which is what I normally do.

We have used KST they are very good. The hotel we stayed at last time recommended them to us.

I can't comment on the time for your shuttle.

You would be better just getting a taxi (station wagon or maxi taxi). This time we are going to get a taxi for our family of 4. I was told by the Marriott at circular quay that a taxi should cost us around $50, we arrive into Sydney at around 2pm.

Which hotel are you staying at?

When you join the line for taxis on the forecourt of the International Terminal at Sydney , they usually have a dispatcher who will direct groups over to the Maxi Taxis..(Vans , Mini bus etc.).

The sedans roll in on side and the Maxis have their own area. We have never had to wait very long even if there is a line as they move through very quickly.

We have also used KST shuttles and had to wait longer with them for a van to fill up.

We have used KST they are very good. The hotel we stayed at last time recommended them to us.

I can't comment on the time for your shuttle.

You would be better just getting a taxi (station wagon or maxi taxi). This time we are going to get a taxi for our family of 4. I was told by the Marriott at circular quay that a taxi should cost us around $50, we arrive into Sydney at around 2pm.

Which hotel are you staying at?

We are staying at the Sydney Hilton. I did receive a quote from them for a private vehicle no other stops - minibus for $75 total (2 couples and all our luggage). I just wanted to make sure they were a good company. They told me to fill out the form on their webpage & give a $20 deposit - which I have not done yet. The form asks what time we arrive - not sure if will ask later down on the form our flight info. Before I go any further I wanted feedback from this message board as to whether they are a good company what type of reputation they have. I know a taxi is around $50 but 4 of us would not fix in one taxi with all our luggage. Therefore just researching various options.

Archived