Homeport Advisory Excursion

SunshineOnTheBrain

For an upcoming cruise I have been checking faithfully for FTTF to open up. Tonight there is a new listing for embarkation day: Home Port Advisory @$.01 pp. Anyone have any clue????:confused:

I am wondering the same thing. It’s available on my June 8 sailing from Miami aboard the Liberty. $.01 and when I add to cart it says "Only 1 tickets remain!".... Very strange indeed. Only thing I can think of is that the web developers were adding a place holder to the site for a new excursion but they didn’t mean to push it live. I’ve done that myself where I work! (oops) sloppy web design work lol

Im so tempted to book it lol

Edited by BaconIsGood

I am wondering the same thing. It’s available on my June 8 sailing from Miami aboard the Liberty. $.01 and when I add to cart it says "Only 1 tickets remain!".... Very strange indeed. Only thing I can think of is that the web developers were adding a place holder to the site for a new excursion but they didn’t mean to push it live. I’ve done that myself where I work! (oops) sloppy web design work lol

Im so tempted to book it lol

I had it in my cart...it let me add three even though there it only shows one remainging! I didn't complete the transaction though. What you say makes sense and I kind of thought that too. Thanks for your input!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Odd, Its still there. I think, if you purchase this, Carnival guarantees you getting back to your Home Port on time. Too bad it was not available for sale for Triumph passangers. :eek:

Sorry for all Triumph passangers,that may not find the above funny.:)

I believe it's to show there are no pre or post cruise shore excursions.

Well that would be odd, because my sailing at this time has no pre or post cruise excursions and my home port just isn't on the list to choose from only my two actual during cruise ports are available to choose.

Has anyone thought of just phoning the shore excursion dept and asking? If it was on mine, my curiousity would get the better of me and I'd have to phone just to solve the mystery.

Edited by che5904

I saw this last night and clicked on the description. It seemed to be a warning that you cannot plan a shore excursion from most home ports.

For instance, my cruise leaves from Port Canaveral, so I cannot do any shore excursions in that port. (pretty sure there aren't anyways). I think it is intended mostly as a warning for ports that are home ports for some ships, and stops for others.

• 1 month later...

From Carnival's web site:

Home Port Advisory

Ft Lauderdale (Pt Evrglds), FL - Sat, Jun 15

Price Starting From

$0.01 per Adult

N/A per Child

Minimum age: 99 years:eek::mad::o:D

Edited by guxu

Kind of on topic....

Do prices for excursions booked via cruise line ever change? I checked out excursions once and decided against them. Never thought to check again for a price reduction.

Not that I know of; if they don't book enough people to meet a minimum, they just cancel it from what I've seen.

Kind of on topic....

Do prices for excursions booked via cruise line ever change? I checked out excursions once and decided against them. Never thought to check again for a price reduction.

I've seen the price go up when a new contract is signed. I have never seen a price go down.