very upset with NCL

ldydoc12

Ive never heard of a budget line doing this inter port thing. You are very lucky to have found one for the exact city you are going to be in.

It's actually not that unusual. Royal Caribbean does it for a lot of their European itineraries. Carnival also does it with their Southern itinerary out of San Juan. That one can also be taken from Barbados as the embarkation port.

Can't be done in the US because (I think!) of the Jones Act, but common in Europe. In fact the ship that sank off of Italy prompted much commentary b/c a number of pax had just gotten on in Spain, I think, and had not yet had the safety training. I can imagine it is harder to schedule safety training when there are multiple "first" ports (but obviously it has to be done).

So my niece is getting married in the south of France next summer. Our extended family decided to stay and take a cruise. We found only one cruise during the right time period leaving out of Marsaille. NCL Epic. We went to book my husband, myself and my daughters family which consist of daughter, son-in-law, a 2 yr. old and 1 yr. old twins. We wanted to book a connecting room or family suite for obvious reasons. But they did not put any of those types of rooms in this port. We would have to go to Barcelona and not have the same days with the rest of my family. PLUS they are now charging for the 1 yr. olds Are you serious? They won't use any of the services. I sent a letter to the president to see if they could put one of the connecting rooms in the the Marsaille block, but NO WAY. I even asked if the rooms were available when we cruise could we have it then. AGAIN NO. They didn't offer a thing. So we may now not be able to go on this cruise as we need to have the two year old with us and he'll be separated from his parents. I just don't get it. I guess they have pleasant of customers and don't care if they keep customers.

<waving>:eek:

Ive never heard of a budget line doing this inter port thing. You are very lucky to have found one for the exact city you are going to be in.

Yes, paying for a child under 1 sucks, but honestly NCL has some of the lowest rates for 3rd and 4th passengers. Heck, their regular 1st and 2nd are low. Be happy this is the line that is servicing you out of Marseille and not something more expensive!

We paid around $170 for our DD (15 month) on her first DCL cruise. It was only 4 nights, so you can figure 7 nights would have been around $300, which is close to what NCL is charging. She enjoyed the entertainment and ate A LOT of food and we filled the trashcans with diapers and baby food/snack containers. They also would have tried to save her life if a catastrophic emergency were to occur. I think it was well worth it for a few hundred.

NCL doesn't do a lot of this, but the Epic does and the Gem did at one point where the main port was Barcelona but you could also embark in Malta.

So my niece is getting married in the south of France next summer. Our extended family decided to stay and take a cruise. We found only one cruise during the right time period leaving out of Marsaille. NCL Epic. We went to book my husband, myself and my daughters family which consist of daughter, son-in-law, a 2 yr. old and 1 yr. old twins. We wanted to book a connecting room or family suite for obvious reasons. But they did not put any of those types of rooms in this port. We would have to go to Barcelona and not have the same days with the rest of my family. PLUS they are now charging for the 1 yr. olds Are you serious? They won't use any of the services. I sent a letter to the president to see if they could put one of the connecting rooms in the the Marsaille block, but NO WAY. I even asked if the rooms were available when we cruise could we have it then. AGAIN NO. They didn't offer a thing. So we may now not be able to go on this cruise as we need to have the two year old with us and he'll be separated from his parents. I just don't get it. I guess they have pleasant of customers and don't care if they keep customers.

I am having a little trouble understanding your complaint: 1-they are charging for 1 year olds? They do use services, in fact, in some cases more than older kids; they have to have cribs in the cabins and linens, they do eat, regardless as to how little, they need high chairs and often decide it is more fun to throw food on the floor than eat, which makes extra clean up, so where do you get the idea they do not use services? NCL is just doing what every other line has done for years, how can that upset you? They are not offering the type of accommodations you want and you are afraid the 2 year old would be separated from his parents. I would think, if he id with grandma he would be just fine. Sorry, I can understand your disappointment but not your being upset with the cruiseline.

Archived