trading in bottle of free champagne

buzzandjulie

On the Equinox in October, we easily exchanged 3 bottles of sparkling wine for other bottles more to our liking (and more expensive). We would receive one slip with the credit, and one for the new bottle. In fact the first sommelier actually refunded the gratuity along with the $28 for the bottle! I had never seen that before. We simply added it back in on the new one.

It's unfortunate that some have been unable to do the exchange. Just another frustrating inconsistency.

Mike

It would also be nice if Celebrity would offer some non-alcoholic choices.

Yes, this would be only fair for those who don't drink wine! Perhaps to make it easier on Celebrity, they could offer a choice per CC cabin and higher of:

1. sparkling wine

2. red wine

3. white wine

4. $20 OBC (probably a bit more than the wholesale wine cost, but less than one would pay to buy the least expensive wine aboard, so it's a win-win)

Yes, this would be only fair for those who don't drink wine! Perhaps to make it easier on Celebrity, they could offer a choice per CC cabin and higher of:

1. sparkling wine

2. red wine

3. white wine

4. $20 OBC (probably a bit more than the wholesale wine cost, but less than one would pay to buy the least expensive wine aboard, so it's a win-win)

This is the kind of perk that should be considered for elite plus (or whatever they call the new tier(s).

For guests booked in CC class or higher, why not allow a choice of red, white or sparkling wine to be selected at booking, just as dining preferences can be chosen at that time? This option would be a marketing plus for Celebrity, I'd think.

We have written exactly that on our comment cards the last 2 years everytime we sailed CC. Nothing happened. This is certainly a suggestion that more of us can bring up to Celebrity.

This is the kind of perk that should be considered for elite plus (or whatever they call the new tier(s).

What does this have to do with being Elite? You pay a higher fare then you should receive the perks. Just like passengers in Aqua Class get to dine in Blu.

I agree that this is not a gift but part of a package that one has paid for!

I always groan when I see this as well as say, "shoe shines" as a benefit for booking in a certain class of cabin. Zip a dee do da! Will pony up the extra couple hundred dollars for sure for some mediocre sparking wine (not champage), hors d'oevres (like anyone goes hungry on a cruise line) and the show shine. Its the cabin size, location, dining and spa which are relevant for most people.

But champagne does sound a bit more festive in the description. I would vote instead for flowers, which would last the week.

Archived