Staterooms on the bend of the ship?

pdx4me

Are the staterooms on the bend of HAL ships windy? They appear to be somewhat larger rooms but I wonder if the balcony may be more windy due to the "jog" of the ship design. Anyone stayed in these cabins and would you recommend them?

we stayed in 6051 on the Zuiderdam which is right next to one of these handicapped staterooms, because of the angled balcony if we stood next to the railing or the occupants of the room stood next to theirs we could see them clearly, enough to speak to them. This did take away some privacy. We were ok if occupants of both balconies were seated.

We have been in 6108 on the Zuiderdam for several past cruises and have booked it again for another 37 days of cruising next year. (I need the accessible stateroom.) Apart from days of typhoon winds in Alaska, we practically lived on our verandah. There is less wind closer to the forward balconey divider, which is where we would eat breakfast and supper. The rest of the time we sat further aft near the other divider, and we never felt it overly windy.We could sit and read, and never felt that paper was in danger of flying away.

Archived