Jade Sushi, what exactly is it ?

zzrobot

Part of the Windjammer, oriental buffet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From what I remember, the quality was average. Eel and tuna rolls. Enjoyed them as a before dinner snack; I ate at late seating. There was always a line forming before service time

The sushi is pretty much just simple California Rolls and variations of California Rolls. There is no nigiri sushi and none of it is made to order. Jade is just a section of the Windjammer. The only exception to this is if you sail on the Monarch of the Seas. On the Monarch Jade is a stand alone restaurant with a sushi bar and tables. There is a nice menu with different choices and the sushi is made to order.

If you are a sushi fan, unfortunately Jade will not be your restaurant of choice.

I love sushi, and even here in Scottsdale, it is not as frest as Hawaii, or the coast of California or Mexico, where the fish is caught in the morning, and we are eating it for lunch......raw!

That is the best, and the cruise ships do not have their cooks with fishing lines off of the stern, in hopes of finding something very fresh for dinner!;)

Rick

The only exception to this is if you sail on the Monarch of the Seas. On the Monarch Jade is a stand alone restaurant with a sushi bar and tables. There is a nice menu with different choices and the sushi is made to order.

So on that setup (the Monarch), is Jade extra pay, or free with the cruise?

So on that setup (the Monarch), is Jade extra pay, or free with the cruise?

Yes, Jade on Monarch is priced per item. It is similar to Izumi on the newer ships, except that Izumi has an additional cover charge and more items to choose from.

• 2 months later...
Got used to "free sushi" on Carnival cruises before dinner and was a hard habit to break..... with a pre-dinner cocktail and view of the water, perfectly relaxing :D

yes and the sushi was really good. and this comming from a tallahassee

lassie

The sushi is pretty much just simple California Rolls and variations of California Rolls. There is no nigiri sushi and none of it is made to order. Jade is just a section of the Windjammer. The only exception to this is if you sail on the Monarch of the Seas. On the Monarch Jade is a stand alone restaurant with a sushi bar and tables. There is a nice menu with different choices and the sushi is made to order.

Does Jade on FOS have other "Asian buffet" stuff besides sushi?

I'm a sushi lover here. I was very, I mean very disappointed in Jade on FOS. Real sushi... Forget it! Most offerings were cooked. Since I've tried it, I would not waste my time trying on the next cruise. However, I always feel people should try a venue on their own before deciding if XX meets their standards. It might be exactly what they were looking for or totally opposite.

I'm glad I went early, because we were so disappointed that we ended up at our regular late MDR reservations.

Come on people stop whining. Could it be worse than the Sushi and Wasabi that you get at Trader Joes?

I like Sushi but am not one to complain . If I wanted real fresh Sushi I would go to my local Japanese Restaurant. Hey at least RCCL has sushi included in our fare on the NOS.

I agree that having Sushi before dinner is a great way to start the meal.

On the Vision the sushi in WJ was made to order. First time I'd seen that.

Archived