mall/grocery store close?

sportsmum

Is there a grocery store in between the airport and port that we can ask our taxi driver to stop at for Pepsi?

We booked a very,very last minute cabin yesterday. Yipee! We are on an overnight flight, first time not coming in the day before, so will go directly from the airport to the ship in the morning.

Coming home we leave in the afternoon. Is there a nice mall close to the airport or port that we can spend a few hours (read: $$!) before heading to the airport at noon (3PM flight)?

Thanks a WHOLE bunch!

Florida is a large state. Which airport? Which port?

Keith

Keith your are right on it. Sort of important info.

The OP has a Eurodam Dec 1 sailing in their signature, and Eurdam sails from FLL. So, assuming that is the cruise involved, a little reading here would reveal the 17th street area has a couple of shopping options.

Thank you! I will ask the driver to go there. I hate to be at the mercy of someone who may not have my best interests at heart!:)

The question would be is it worth it to add at least $20 to the taxi fair to go the long way around the port and then have the meter running while you shop?

Depending on your arrival time, a rental car might be less expensive and give you more time and freedom.

The Publix store as is Total Wine is located in the Harbor Shops shopping center and the actual address is 1940 Cordova Dr. If it is only wine or spirits the OP is interested in then they can order ahead from Total Wine and it will be waiting for them....which will save time on the taxi meter.

Thank you very much - that is a spectacular idea for my husband. I can run for Pepsi (Coke just won't do!) while he takes care of his business.

We land at 10:25 and head straight to the ship. We've never done last minute before and certainly not last minute flights either. I have faith that it will work and if we are cutting it too close we always have Puerto Rico, but that leaves 2 days on board with.........COKE!:D

I agree, I am not an advocate of 'the day of' either. Certainly wish we could have had a non stop flight as well. I did get a one stop flight that connects in a non snowy part of the country and I am pretty happy about that.

We booked everything Monday for 5 days later and we are at the mercy of the holiday Gods. Hopefully DH has been very, very good this year to offset any hard feelings they have about me......:D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we made it!

We asked the taxi driver to take us to a Publix on the way and he took us to the one by Hyatt Place North. He told us that after 10 minutes it was a $10 waiting charge. We made it in under the 10 minutes and the cost at port arrival was $27 (plus tip).

We went to the Galleria mall when we returned. Port to Mall was a bit more than I expected - around $35, I can't remember exactly.

Super news, for us. Luggage Direct was available to us (we're from Canada) and for $20 each we didn't have to cart it around.

Thanks for your help!

Archived