Sailing in 4 days, still no stateroom assignment...

Muffinhead

Sailing 12/1 on the CB. Booked an outside guarantee (cat G). Still no stateroom has been assigned. I called twice today, one person told me I would know by the end of the day, the other said it would be the day before sailing. Yet I know someone booked on the 12/8 CB who booked a guarantee and they have already been assigned a stateroom. Looking online for the 12/1 sailing, the CB is 'sold out'. Wouldn't that make an assignment easier? Just curious...

They'll let you know when you get there;)

Personally I'd be overly optimistic & expect an upgrade. Our first cruise we booked an interior guar & were upgraded to OV--we were thrilled!!

UGH! The suspense is killing me! I'm hoping to at least know by Thursday. I'm thinking no upgrade if the ship is allegedly sold out (which I am fine with).

Next time I would recommend a guaranteed room - you' ll sleep better!! :p. enjoy your cruise!

Yes, but think of the fun the OP would be missing out on... :)

I usually book guarantees and have always been happy with them. On this upcoming Mexican Riviera cruise, I originally booked a "M" interior cabin, then fares dropped went to a K category. I was assigned a JJ category... Then, of course, I changed my mind again and opted for an "E" category, which is the highest category of Obstructed Ocean View cabins.

I don't mind saying that part of the fun is checking the Princess website (the personalizer) obsessively!

Sailing 12/1 on the CB. Booked an outside guarantee (cat G). Still no stateroom has been assigned. I called twice today, one person told me I would know by the end of the day, the other said it would be the day before sailing. Yet I know someone booked on the 12/8 CB who booked a guarantee and they have already been assigned a stateroom. Looking online for the 12/1 sailing, the CB is 'sold out'. Wouldn't that make an assignment easier? Just curious...

What's probably happening is that they are struggling to move people out of those cabins so they can assign the guarantees. As others have said, you may find yourself with a nice upgrade (or not...:p).

Just keep checking the personalizer where you can still see the boarding pass and luggage tag, both of which will have a cabin number once assigned.

It could happen anytime before you leave for the port or at the latest, when you check-in. (If you do not know before getting to the port, the baggage folk should have a list so you can mark your luggage properly.)

Please post back here when you get an assignment.

The way it usually works is the revenue department allows so many guarantees per category. The hope is that they can get someone that is in that category to take one of their discounted upgrade offer. When they cant get people to do it, that is when the guarantee reservation is the winner and gets the free upgrade.

Thanks for all of the responses. Still nothing yet. I'm excited to see where I will end up as I am not very picky. We usually book insides, so having the minimum of a window is a treat! Now a window suite like someone posted earlier, would be awesome! I set my standards low, so if i end up with my G category that will be just fine. I guess I never thought it would take so long for the assignment.

Again, thanks for the input!

I went crazy over my assignment this past summer until I finally got it about 2 days before sailing. Went all the way from a L guarantee to a K cabin. Fine with me since we ended up in the same area, exactly what I wanted on the Plaza deck. It's all part of the fun of planning and anticipation!

It is actually kind of fun. I agree with other posters. The longer you wait, usually the better assignment.

Sherrif, I booked earlier this cruise the bottom inside category (before I changed my mind) and received a JJ cat. Since I wanted to be on Plaza deck... :( Of course, now I changed to an E category and all of the categories above are sold out! All of the OV's have jumped $300 per person, the day after I upgraded to the E category... It should be interesting to see what I get!

I just checked my cruise personalizer and I have a cabin! It's still category G (Emerald deck, obstructed view), so no upgrade for me.

I'm just happy to be going on a cruise! YAY!

Good luck to the others who booked guarantees!

Congrats! The guarantee game is a crapshoot. You have to be happy with the category you booked.

As for me, I have a cat E andI will be happy with that, although a balcony might be nice.

Enjoy your cruise!

They'll let you know when you get there;)

Personally I'd be overly optimistic & expect an upgrade. Our first cruise we booked an interior guar & were upgraded to OV--we were thrilled!!

Had the same thing happen to me. My dad saiditvwas a porthole and that I was wrong. I set him straight when I showed him the picture of the window. LOL

From her latest post, the OP did not get an upgrade... She got what she paid for, a G guarantee... This is a problem on these boards, no one wants to read them!

Indeed they do not. The OP however was versatile and knew what she was getting into. We rolled the dice on our last cruise and was assigned a balcony cabin midship which was an upgrade. So we decided to try again this coming cruise and see how we do and if our luck holds out. Final payment is the end of next week and sometime after that we will find out if we get what we paid for or something else. Either way we will be happy and it will at least be a balcony. It is something like opening your christmas gift after wondering for some time what was inside. It is that time of year.

Archived