Luggage

wannagonow123

A long time ago I saw a post where someone had luggage picked up from their home, and their baggage was transported to their ship. Does anyone know anything about this service? We will be make a stop enroute to our cruise, and it would be grat not to deal with luggage.

There are services you can arrange yourself that will ensure that your luggage makes it all the way to the ship. It is not cheap, but prices vary considerably so you need to research it yourself based on where you live and how much luggage you are planning to transport. Google luggage direct or luggage delivery. UPS does do luggage, as well, but I'm not sure if it is "direct to the ship".

We have used the FedEx to ship bags to the ship.

There are services that HAL uses when you book early grand cruises. But if you look on the HAL Internet web site, they recommend two services which are companies that have UPS or FEDEX actually do the pickup and delivery. So in our case, I bypassed the middleman and worked with UPS or FedEx and they picked it up at my house and return it to our house.

The cost to have your bags by UPS or FedEx is not really that expensive if you consider tips that you should pay to redcaps at the Airport, hotels, at the port and the airlines bag charge. Taxi cabs also charge an extra when you have suitcases packed into the trunk.

For example we had two bags shipped from Charlotte to the Boston port (Ship delivery), the cost was about $200 plus about 10% more because it was a weekend delivery at the port and pick up was also a weekend. They are outside the ship bag claim to pickup your bags for return to your home.

It was well worth the extra cost as a Senior not to have to manhandle our bags & travel with only our carryons.

Ray

Archived