Solstice in Darwin

Sitting here on the Solstice in Darwin. She is a lovely ship.we boarded in Singapore and have been very impressed with her. A lot of Australians on board, a few that have been on her since Barcelona.

We head off tonight at 10.00pm for three days sailing to Cairns (Yorkeys knob.)

If you have booked her you will love her!

I have a photo but cannot upload till tomorrow when I get home. I took one with the iPad as well but the light was not good enough so it is basically useless.

Today has been hot but no rain yet so good for passengers. We had a cracker of a storm yesterday morning here.

Glad to hear she is living up to expectations. So excited!

Sitting here on the Solstice in Darwin. She is a lovely ship.we boarded in Singapore and have been very impressed with her. A lot of Australians on board, a few that have been on her since Barcelona.

We head off tonight at 10.00pm for three days sailing to Cairns (Yorkeys knob.)

If you have booked her you will love her!

We will have lunch on Tuesday in Yorkeys to see her!! And on the 10th December we are going to fly to Sydney for the 13 night New Zealand Cruise! Can't wait :D

We will have lunch on Tuesday in Yorkeys to see her!! And on the 10th December we are going to fly to Sydney for the 13 night New Zealand Cruise! Can't wait :D

Hey Marinating,

I can't wait to see this sweet lady cruise past my place on the Sunshine Coast next week.

I too will be joining you to NZ from Sydney from the 10th of December. my wife and I and 2 kids are looking forward to a well deserved break.

Lets hope this URL lives p o the hype.

Regards.

Here is the photo from yesterday morning in Darwin. It is not a good photo as it was quite dark and it was taken from my hotel room through the window. She did look great though.

Nice pic, she looks great, love the raked stern, thanks for that. Also thanks to Lizzy & Marinating on board Solstice for their brief reports as she begins her journey to Sydney Town. I am sure as she comes down the Qld coast, the CC'ers will be out with the Kodaks !

All sounds good on board. Safe travels.

I'll be on her next Sunday for one night (hope it does not turn out to be like the VOS one nighter) and really looking forward to my first look. Hope Sutho will be able to post a great picture of her at the OPT.

Have just returned on the red-eye from Darwin so a bit vague.

So how are the pools are they heated and are they deep and large? I am looking forward to seeing it in Sydney. Maybe with a bit of luck I will see it the day before off the coast of Newcastle.

Unfortunately the pools are not large or deep and definitely not heated on this cruise as it's been so hot everywhere we have been. On the open deck there are 2 small pools and 4 hot tubs. In the roofed pool area there is one pool and 2 spas. There's lots of lounge chairs and fabulous cane seating areas. You will also love the Lawn area on deck 14.

I will do a detailed report when I get home but I can definitely say there aren't too many negatives:D

Unfortunately the pools are not large or deep and definitely not heated on this cruise as it's been so hot everywhere we have been. On the open deck there are 2 small pools and 4 hot tubs. In the roofed pool area there is one pool and 2 spas. There's lots of lounge chairs and fabulous cane seating areas. You will also love the Lawn area on deck 14.

I will do a detailed report when I get home but I can definitely say there aren't too many negatives:D

Ok thanks for that info. I like warm pools when I go on it in March. I suppose they do not need to be heated up north. That is the only issue that would get me complaining as I swim every day at the local pool provided the weather is sunny. The 50m outdoor pool is actually solar heated by things on the grandstand and the water is often above 25 degrees which is good enough for me to do laps in. On the P&O UK ones the pools were normally heated to about 30 but this has been turned down in recent years to save money for the company.

Sitting on our balcony after a great day at the Barrier Reef. A very well organised tour. We sail tonight at 8.00pm. Weather has been great and you forget that you are on a ship most of the time.

The food has been good, suggest going to the dining room for lunch on sea days as the buffet gets very busy.

The Christmas decorations are now up and she looks great, no sign of Santa yet.

There is so much to do during the day it has been hard to decide.

We are staying on for the one night cruise, will be hard to get off on the Monday.

Surprising but I have met passengers that were not aware of the 1 nighter and are on the NZ trip that follows. These passengers presumed that they were on the back to back. Subsequently they have had to book into hotels in Sydney for the night. Not happy at all.

Off for an aperitif before dinner! Ah, life is tuff on the Solstice. 🚢

Question for those on Solstice, Lizzy/Marinating, re taking on wine, apart from the 'permitted at embarkation 2 bottles' for cabin, are pax taking on wine at the ports along the way or is the policy being enforced by the Celebrity Alcohol Police?

Hi from the Solstice!

To NSWP we haven't heard about any one taking on wine in the ports, sorry cannot help you there.

We are currently sailing past Fraser Island and I have picked up Telstra!

The ship is currently only doing about 9 knots, we are ahead of time and if we keep sailing may be in Brisbane tonight, only joking. I can see the main land from my balcony wouldn't be surprised if we head out to sea and then back in.

We have our last formal tonight, had a total of three. Tonight the lobster tails and I believe oysters for entree.

We have been lucky with the weather and seas, perfect in fact.

If anyone has any questions I will try to answer them.

Marina. 🚢

Question for those on Solstice, Lizzy/Marinating, re taking on wine, apart from the 'permitted at embarkation 2 bottles' for cabin, are pax taking on wine at the ports along the way or is the policy being enforced by the Celebrity Alcohol Police?

Hi Les. We took 2 bottles onboard in our checked luggage and 2 in the hand luggage. It was a long trip you know:D They have been checking the scanners for wine at each port and there is a sign up when you leave the ship that no alcohol is permitted to be brought onto the ship at port. Check out the Rumrunners before the next cruise ;)

We love the ship..... Hope you do too.

Hi Les. We took 2 bottles onboard in our checked luggage and 2 in the hand luggage. It was a long trip you know:D They have been checking the scanners for wine at each port and there is a sign up when you leave the ship that no alcohol is permitted to be brought onto the ship at port. Check out the Rumrunners before the next cruise ;)

We love the ship..... Hope you do too.

Thanks Lizzy and Marinating, enjoy the run into Sydney.

Archived