HAL and Park 'n Fly discount?

jaguarstyper

I just came across something that I never knew about. Apparently HAL cruisers get a discount and a free day of parking in Ft Lauderdale at the Park 'n Fly cruise/port lot. It works out to $59.70 plus tax for a full week of parking.

https://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/guests/port_airport_parking.pdf

I have always parked in the garage at the port and its $15 per day, so significantly more expensive. Has anyone used this Park 'n Fly lot for their cruise? How was the service? Are the shuttles timely?

I have decided to go with Premier Parking, Internet rate of $38.63. I usually use Global but they were $42.38 at the pt everglades lot.

Thanks, I'll check them out. You know, in all my cruises, I never even considered parking in an outlying lot. I always parked at the port and just paid whatever it was. I'm not sure why because when I fly somewhere, I never park at the airport and always use an outlying lot and shuttle. Why park at the airport and have to schlep your bags to the terminal when you can have trunk to curb shuttle service. A cruise port is no different.

What was I thinking? :confused:

We always use PnF. Usually use the AAA rate--it is about the same as with the HAL discount. Their service is primo! Drive into their lot and before you can get the trunk open there is a van. They load the luggage direct from the car (great when it's a girls cruise since we pack more than we can carry). At the port they unload the bags too. So much easier than using the garage at the port.

When you return. Give them a call after you have your bags and the van is on the way. We have never waitied more than 5 minutes and on more than one occasion, the van was at the curb when we walked out having responded to some one else's call. They agin drop you right at you car and will put your bags in the trunk.

Can't say enough nice things about them. Used to hate dragging our bags to to garage then up the elevator nd down the aisle to load in the car. AND costing less is a bonus!

We always use PnF. Usually use the AAA rate--it is about the same as with the HAL discount. Their service is primo! Drive into their lot and before you can get the trunk open there is a van. They load the luggage direct from the car (great when it's a girls cruise since we pack more than we can carry). At the port they unload the bags too. So much easier than using the garage at the port.

When you return. Give them a call after you have your bags and the van is on the way. We have never waitied more than 5 minutes and on more than one occasion, the van was at the curb when we walked out having responded to some one else's call. They agin drop you right at you car and will put your bags in the trunk.

Can't say enough nice things about them. Used to hate dragging our bags to to garage then up the elevator nd down the aisle to load in the car. AND costing less is a bonus!

My GF told me about Park 'n Fly several years ago and that's who I've used ever since! I love how they are right there and you don't have to schlep your bags to a shuttle stop. I'm a Frequent Parker so I get a few free days now and then. :)

I have decided to go with Premier Parking, Internet rate of $38.63. I usually use Global but they were $42.38 at the pt everglades lot.

I hope you have researched reviews for this company.

Premier Parking Ventures The most unorganized, unprofessional company I have ever used Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Premier Parking Ventures - Port Everglades ONLY Reviews (2 Total)

Tripadvisor reviews

I've also seen negative reviews for this company on Cruise Critics too. Just found the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1349464&highlight=premier+parking+port+everglades

But I have never seen a bad review for either Park N Fly or Park N Go. These two companies always get high marks for efficient and courteous service. You may pay a little more, but you get what you pay for.

Archived