BP monitor on board?

jaguarstyper

I would suggest packing it in carryon just because you wouldn't be able to replace it on the cruise and they cost $$. I am sure most of you would do this but then there is the story of the dude who put a "Rolex"in the outside pocket of his checkin suitcase!

DUDE! Say Adios!

I have recently come to the point in my life where I need to check and monitor my blood pressure daily. :(

Does HAL have a place on board to do this, or do I need to pack my own BP monitor?

I am a firm believer in providing for ourselves in all situations where practical. Bringing your own blood pressure monitor is extremely easy and practical.

The less we rely on others and the more we take care of ourselves, the better in my personal viewpoint.

Have a great cruise.

I bought one of the wrist monitors and my physician suggested I throw it into the trash. He told me they were completely inaccurate. My ex-wife, who is also an MD, confirmed my Dr's opinion. She told my they did tests in the OR with wrist monitors and found them useless because the wrist is just not a good test site. So, I use an upper arm band model. Specifically, an Omron 10 Series. Its large, but very accurate. Larger than I want to pack, but I think I will.

Both DH & I have Omron Intellisense wrist cuffs. If we position the wrist properly and do not move/talk while the reading is taking place, it's proven to be within 2-3 points systolic and diastolic compared to the dr office. And that's close enough for our general monitoring needs. As in all things, YMMV.

And this is the one that's just a little bigger than a cupcake when it's in its little case ... 7.2oz total.

About the accuracy of those devices, I dunno how close they are to true.

I know this, there is a little contest that Karen and I have to see who'll have the better #s, 2 out of 3 gets you the win. I always ACE her in beats per minute as when I'm in top condition my BMP are in the 45-60 range, but LORD she has the pressure of a disconnected hose! Even my best 107/67 & 58 bpm can barely touch her pressure. I utterly HATE to lose! :mad:

Derek

Archived