FDR Was There!!

allyg

Just got back from a wonderful B2B cruise on Oceania's Riviera and just had to let all of you know that Mr. Del Rio was there to pick us up---right on time! For those of you who weren't part of the original thread about what to do in Miami while we waited for a late-night flight home---Mr. Del Rio joined the "conversation" a few months ago and said he would pick us up and take us to the airport or to a hotel for the day. I must say I had my doubts that it was really FDR but there he was with a sign holding my name. What a lovely man--no wonder Oceania is so fabulous. He truly cares about his customers and wants to know what we are all thinking and what kind of experiences we are having on his cruise line. Thanks Mr. Del Rio!!

Alice and Chuck Morgan

Williamsburg, Virginia

Just got back from a wonderful B2B cruise on Oceania's Riviera and just had to let all of you know that Mr. Del Rio was there to pick us up---right on time! For those of you who weren't part of the original thread about what to do in Miami while we waited for a late-night flight home---Mr. Del Rio joined the "conversation" a few months ago and said he would pick us up and take us to the airport or to a hotel for the day. I must say I had my doubts that it was really FDR but there he was with a sign holding my name. What a lovely man--no wonder Oceania is so fabulous. He truly cares about his customers and wants to know what we are all thinking and what kind of experiences we are having on his cruise line. Thanks Mr. Del Rio!!

Alice and Chuck Morgan

Williamsburg, Virginia

Wow! Very impressive. Mr. Del Rio, sounds like a great guy! It is obvious. He really does care about his passengers. I don't know of any other cruise line, where the president would come pick you up.

Alice and Chuck Morgan

Williamsburg, Virginia

LOL, the whole idea of the SIGN just kills me!

Of course he was there.

If he said he would be there, he was there.

The most dependable man I've ever known. :D

112711.jpg Not a bad dresser, either....

Wow!! How impressive that Mr. Del Rio would do that. We are sailing on the Regatta again (30 days from Lima to Rio in January) and can't wait. I suspect Oceania will still be as good as ever. I liked the Marina, also, but really prefer the smaller ships......especially the observation lounge, having cocktails and watching the world go by!!

P.S. I think Mr. Del Rio looks like Neil Cavuto, at least from the picture. He IS a dapper dresser, and sounds like a wonderful person. Thanks to Mr. Del Rio for running a good operation.

Oceania should change "your world, your way" to "your world, your way with our help"

FDR style of leading by example is contagious to all his staff. On our last cruise we saw the general manager be the first person picking up lawn chairs when a gust of wind started moving them all over the pool deck and when a fellow cruiser left a scarf at a coctail reception and notice it while having diner at the MDR it was found and returned to her by Boris the Manager of restaurant operations.

Paco

FDR's son is onboard now on the Miami-Miami run. We did the B2B and had a long hangover (er, holdover) in Miami but no such 4 star service. Miami airport is a dog, better to go to Ft. Lauderdale than sit for hours hours in that pig sty.

Anyways, congratulations on Frank picking you up and chauferring you around town. Glad to know how Frank is expending his time as Chairman!

Glad to know how Frank is expending his time as Chairman!

such an unnecessary comment:eek:. :mad: If you really believe that a good Chairman is the one that spends 8 hours behind a desk...it just shows me you don't know FDR at all.

Crystal to Oceania (Riviera) on December 21. We will be at the Ritz Carlton in Ft. Lauderdale first. There are big, big differences between Crystal and Oceania, but we are positive that we can handle the change, especially in the Owners Suite which looks lovely. Now--if we had a fabulous guy like FDR there (my mother's initials), and he is really more handsome than Neil Cavuto--that would be great. You go FDR...you made my day!

Carole and Joe Ciraulo

We also disembarked Riviera that day in Miami and I glanced around for a dapper chap in a Range Rover. But alas, disembarkation was so darn efficient that we were off the ship shortly after 8:00 am and long gone before the FDR pick-up service arrived! Very impressive indeed that the man himself was there, considering all the other pressures that must have been on him on that particular day when Riviera made its inaugural sailing into Miami.

Danny

As you are aware we have been looking for a cruise line comparable to Crystal for a long time. We tried the new Seabourn ships as you did and it was a fiasco.

We loved the Marina as a modern ship and were very impressed by the staff and the food.

I will be posting in the Crystal and Oceania boards my reasons for converting from "crystalization to Oceaniamania"

Have a great trip and look we look forward to reading your comments.

Paco

Once you have been Crystalized can you do with less on Oceania ;)

No special orders off menu, no formal nights, less inclusiveness, limited smoking areas

We love Oceania the way it is & hope it will not change

Lyn

Once you have been Crystalized can you do with less on Oceania ;)

No special orders off menu, no formal nights, less inclusiveness, limited smoking areas

We love Oceania the way it is & hope it will not change

Lyn

We can certainly do with less smoking and less formality! We'll have to see about dining and entertainment and get back to you. I will tell you that, as very light drinkers, the all inclusive does not work well for us and we were much happier with Crystal in the days of as you wish credit that could be used for purchases, excursions, alcohol, spa, etc. We understand that they have to make changes in order to compete with other luxury lines, but for us, personally, the change to all inclusive is not a benefit. Signing a ticket when purchasing a beer does not bother me in the least and frankly, it is hard for me to understand when people complain of having to sign "chits". To each his or her own!

Signing a ticket when purchasing a beer does not bother me in the least and frankly, it is hard for me to understand when people complain of having to sign "chits". To each his or her own!

I agree how hard can it be ;)

Lots of people from the Luxury lines that is one of the big complaints.... so now Oceania has Beverage packages ;)

Lyn

I agree how hard can it be ;)

Lots of people from the Luxury lines that is one of the big complaints.... so now Oceania has Beverage packages ;)

Lyn

I do think that what bothers some pax, is not really just signing the ticket, but a level of discomfort at the dinner table, when, for example one couple orders a nice bottle of wine and wonders should they offer some to their table mates or just keep it for themselves. When there are no checks, no one ever has to feel uncomfortable about who is buying, whether in one of the bars or in the dining room. So i get that, but I would nevertheless rather not pay for all inclusive drinks that I won't be drinking.

I do think that what bothers some pax, is not really just signing the ticket, but a level of discomfort at the dinner table, when, for example one couple orders a nice bottle of wine and wonders should they offer some to their table mates or just keep it for themselves. When there are no checks, no one ever has to feel uncomfortable about who is buying, whether in one of the bars or in the dining room. So i get that, but I would nevertheless rather not pay for all inclusive drinks that I won't be drinking.

Does not bother me at all if someone orders a bottle of wine for themselves ...it is their money why not enjoy

Lyn

Archived