s-class sky suites & other connecting

RCCL Fan

I'm currently booked in an aquaclass suite on reflection and plan on downgrading to save some money.

Looking at Sky Suite, or plain aquaclass room, instead of the new aq suite.

The sky suites aft are available, but they're all connecting. I typically avoid connecting rooms on ships, but I read somewhere that the design on celeb is different.

Anyone have experience in connecting sky suites...

or even aq class or concierge class connectors.

Should I worry, we want our privacy and don't want to hear neighbors or vice versa.

I don't know about suites, but if you check out this Youtube video (not mine) you can see how S-class ships join rooms - it's by using a space in the hallway to create an alcove. No in-cabin door

Not on Reflection. It is different than her four sisters. The doors are in the wall between the entry door and the desk. We had a connecting room on our Oct 21 cruise out of Barcelona and we never heard a single bit of noise from the occupants.

I'm currently booked in an aquaclass suite on reflection and plan on downgrading to save some money.

Looking at Sky Suite, or plain aquaclass room, instead of the new aq suite.

The sky suites aft are available, but they're all connecting. I typically avoid connecting rooms on ships, but I read somewhere that the design on celeb is different.

Anyone have experience in connecting sky suites...

or even aq class or concierge class connectors.

Should I worry, we want our privacy and don't want to hear neighbors or vice versa.

We were in Sky Suite 9376 on Reflection (pictures below). It is connecting only because there is a door out in the hallway that can be closed (has same type lock as your cabin) and that allows two adjacent rooms to leave their doors open and, thus, technically connected. There is no connecting door inside the suite and the only noise we heard was the flushing toilets. But those suckers are LOUD and you will hear them no matter where you are.

DSC_9362.jpg

DSC_9361.jpg

DSC_9367.jpg

DSC_9365.jpg

DSC_9393.jpg

Just remembered this photo, you can see the third door behind the butler's left shoulder. When it is closed, it creates a vestibule that allows our suite and the room that is to the right of the butler to be "connected" inside the third locked door. A neat way of doing it.

DSC_9559-1.jpg

Edited by FrankinPA

these pics were a huge help!! thank you!!!

Now, are all the connecting rooms like this or just the suites??

Only the aft corner Sky Suites are like this as far as I know. I thought that was the object of your original question. I do know in walking around that other rooms have doors like the ones in Gig103's YouTube video. But BOOGS's statement about connecting interior doors is also correct. It just depends.

If you will specify exactly which suite you are talking about, someone will probably know. But the aft corner sky suites are like the one in my photos.

2210 is available... the one next to the corner aft.... any advice there.

I'm thinking of just doing aqua class and the hump now but not sure.

That is a S2 Sky Suite and should be very good. We really like aft cabins and this looks like a good one. Cabin is listed as 300 sg ft with a 79 ft balcony.

That is a very nice size.

Have a good time.

Larry

That is a S2 Sky Suite and should be very good. We really like aft cabins and this looks like a good one. Cabin is listed as 300 sg ft with a 79 ft balcony.

That is a very nice size.

Have a good time.

Larry

Did the flushing toilets noise bother you?

I was in the Aqua Suite on Relection,I didn't hear any flushing toilets noise.

Rich.

Edited by Sailkeylargo

Frankin PA

What was the purpose of the pole by the bed? We're you in a disabled cabin?

The pole was supporting the deck above. But I used it as an aid to get out of bed. Got used to it and now want to install one at my house. :D

Evidently, this pole is in all aft corner sky suites. It shows in the stock photos on Celebrity's web site. But it really is no problem (to us anyway).

Did the flushing toilets noise bother you?

I was in the Aqua Suite on Relection,I didn't hear any flushing toilets noise.

Rich.

Only at night. We jumped just about every time our neighbor flushed. It sounded just line the toilet in an airplane, only louder.

Would love to see photos of the AQ Suites. Can you upload some?

We were on Reflection in Aqua Class suite 2152 (on hump). It was great - 300 sq ft and much to same as an S2. Here are a few pictures. (We never heard any toilet-flushing noises.)

IMG_0666.jpg.802f9d9e238d4b1e3a42b723f2247e69.jpg

IMG_0659.jpg.212dc14763abd43070b32d06c3fc7e96.jpg

We were on Reflection in Aqua Class suite 2152 (on hump). It was great - 300 sq ft and much to same as an S2. Here are a few pictures. (We never heard any toilet-flushing noises.)

Thanks, it looks like a great suite. Will try one of these in the future. 2152 is under the swimming pool area. Did you hear any noise from the pool?

Edited by FrankinPA

• 1 month later...
Only the aft corner Sky Suites are like this as far as I know. I thought that was the object of your original question. I do know in walking around that other rooms have doors like the ones in Gig103's YouTube video. But BOOGS's statement about connecting interior doors is also correct. It just depends.

If you will specify exactly which suite you are talking about, someone will probably know. But the aft corner sky suites are like the one in my photos.

Great pictures!! Just booked a corner aft sky suite connected to a sunset veranda for our children on the Eclipse. Looks like we can also connect the balconies! Can you tell me about the storage space. We had a Celebrity suite on the Equinox, and two connecting C-1 on the Silhouette; the CS is too small now with teenage children and I missed the extra space with the two connecting C-1, but liked the privacy and having two baths. Hope that the connecting SS with the SV is the right combination for us; but I worry about the storage space for a two weeks Baltic cruise.

Great pictures!! Just booked a corner aft sky suite connected to a sunset veranda for our children on the Eclipse. Looks like we can also connect the balconies! Can you tell me about the storage space. We had a Celebrity suite on the Equinox, and two connecting C-1 on the Silhouette; the CS is too small now with teenage children and I missed the extra space with the two connecting C-1, but liked the privacy and having two baths. Hope that the connecting SS with the SV is the right combination for us; but I worry about the storage space for a two weeks Baltic cruise.

There isn't a ton of "clothing" drawer space in the room, but between the drawers in the desk (4), the drawers in the night stands (2 each side), the 4 shelves in the closet and the 4 drawers in the bathrooms, there was plenty I think. We stuck our suitcases and the life preservers and some less used shoes under the bed and and had plenty of room in the closet. It think it worked out for a couple of clothes hounds and a shoe queen just find and everything was put away (and we had a LOT).

There isn't a ton of "clothing" drawer space in the room, but between the drawers in the desk (4), the drawers in the night stands (2 each side), the 4 shelves in the closet and the 4 drawers in the bathrooms, there was plenty I think. We stuck our suitcases and the life preservers and some less used shoes under the bed and and had plenty of room in the closet. It think it worked out for a couple of clothes hounds and a shoe queen just find and everything was put away (and we had a LOT).

Thanks for the info!! I'm also a shoe queen and its good to know that I will have space for everything!! :D:D

• 1 year later...