Pay now for CDG in June?

cluso

Going from VPS to CDG in June for a canal boat trip (8-17 on boat). Would like to fly on Delta or partners to get miles--I know, probably not the cheapest, but the miles add up. Haven't seen much variation at all--mostly $1557 RT :eek:. We are flexible on departure and arrival 3 days either side of 3 and 21 June. We are mostly shoulder season travelers, so just trying to see any comments about June--we get off the boat right before the high season in France. Should we go ahead and commit--I am not sure if there will be any "sales" to travel in June.

I usually see sales with Air France (SkyTeam partner of Delta) in the spring - however, it should be noted that YUL-CDG is a fairly major route for AF.

Ultimately, the more restrictive with dates/conditions you are, the less able you will be to take advantage of sales.

Price does seem slightly high to me. Are you willing to fly out of something other than VPS? Having flown to VPS to work with the Air Force a few times, I know that flights to/from there can be quite expensive. Are you willing to drive a bit to a bigger market, such as Mobile, Birmingham, Gulfport/Biloxi, or New Orleans? That might help a bit. I stress the "might". But again, those prices do seem high to me.

I checked Pensacola and Tallahassee--not much different. When you add gas and airport parking, you are paying even more. Just checked the flights from just ATL to CDG. Over $1700! My goodness!!!!

Archived