Do Celebrity ships heat pools in cooler climates

Sutho

Just a quick question from someone who is a regular swimmer and loves a daily swim.

I am off on Celebrity Solstice in March 2013 and am really looking forward to it. The season will be just after summer so cooling slightly. Just wondering if Celebrity heats the pools regularly to comfortable swimming temperatures even just to get in stretch out and move around a bit. I have read some reports in the hotter places that the pools are not heated (which is probably a good thing) but am keen to hear experiences with when pools are heated and how hot.

I have noticed in recent times that one of my regular cruise lines seems to be not heating pools to save on energy consumption/fuel costs.

Just a quick question from someone who is a regular swimmer and loves a daily swim.

I am off on Celebrity Solstice in March 2013 and am really looking forward to it. The season will be just after summer so cooling slightly. Just wondering if Celebrity heats the pools regularly to comfortable swimming temperatures even just to get in stretch out and move around a bit. I have read some reports in the hotter places that the pools are not heated (which is probably a good thing) but am keen to hear experiences with when pools are heated and how hot.

I have noticed in recent times that one of my regular cruise lines seems to be not heating pools to save on energy consumption/fuel costs.

Yes the pool will be heated!!!

Just done transatlantic and they were lovely and warm. You felt cold when you got out if the pool!!!!

When we did Alaska on the Infinity the outdoor pools were definitely NOT heated. I didn't think any of them were in any climate but I could be very wrong.

There is an indoor pool "The Solarium" that is available on the ships that is heated. Although on our Alaska cruise everyone ignored the fact that the indoor pool is adults only and bunches of kids were splashing around in there every day.

When we did Alaska on the Infinity the outdoor pools were definitely NOT heated. I didn't think any of them were in any climate but I could be very wrong.

There is an indoor pool "The Solarium" that is available on the ships that is heated. Although on our Alaska cruise everyone ignored the fact that the indoor pool is adults only and bunches of kids were splashing around in there every day.

The solarium pools are not "Adults Only". Instead, they require children to be accompanied by an adult. That is what the sign by Reflection's solarium pool read on our Oct 21 cruise. So children are indeed allowed at any time under these conditions, rain or shine, hot or cold climates. Below is a photo of the sign taken by Andreas Depping. Note that is states "under 16".

Pool%20sign%20Reflection.JPG

On Constellation a few years ago I took a photo of such a sign. It's a little hard to read, but it does allow children under the age of 18 with adult supervision.

Pool%20Sign%20Age.JPG

Edited by boogs

Boogs that 's nice but I'm pretty sure the signs on some ships read differently. i.e. ADULTS ONLY. It's pretty clear.

They are similar on all Celebrity ships I have been on. Can't say about other cruise lines, however.

Here is the sign on Equinox:

04_pool1_1149.JPG

Edited by boogs

They are similar on all Celebrity ships I have been on. Can't say about other cruise lines, however.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I have only ever sailed X, I've been on 5 different ships and every single one of them has had an adults only solarium pool. If you search the topic on CC you will find an abundance of the same adults only information, confirmed but numerous other cruisers.

Celebrity Solstice ships have pools outside and pools in an air controlled room called the Solarium. We prefer the Solarium year round. So relaxing and there is a wonderful place to eat here. It is called Aqua and their breakfast and lunches are delicious, free and healthy.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I have only ever sailed X, I've been on 5 different ships and every single one of them has had an adults only solarium pool. If you search the topic on CC you will find an abundance of the same adults only information, confirmed but numerous other cruisers.

They may be considered "Adults Only" by cruise critic members, but are definitely not considered that way by Celebrity. The signs prove you and other members wrong. And I would think that Celebrity, the owners of these ships, would know better if they are considered that way or not. And the signs indicate they are not.

Here is what Celebrity posts on their website under "AGE POLICIES" on their 'During Your Cruise' page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_during_cruise#before_you_go_during_cruise/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/chickletpanel.do%3Fpagename=before_you_go_during_cruise

Thalassotherapy Pool* Age 16 and over*

* During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool (if covered) to be used by persons under age sixteen (16) provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

There is nothing else posted there about age restrictions in the Solarium. And nothing in the daily programs either. My experience has been that children rarely use this area, but if they do, staff will not send them away if they are with their parents.

Edited by boogs

They may be considered "Adults Only" by cruise critic members, but are definitely not considered that way by Celebrity. The signs prove you and other members wrong. And I would think that Celebrity, the owners of these ships, would know better if they are considered that way or not. And the signs indicate they are not.

Here is what Celebrity posts on their website under "AGE POLICIES" on their 'During Your Cruise' page:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_during_cruise#before_you_go_during_cruise/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/chickletpanel.do%3Fpagename=before_you_go_during_cruise

Thalassotherapy Pool* Age 16 and over*

* During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium Pool (if covered) to be used by persons under age sixteen (16) provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian.

There is nothing else posted there about age restrictions in the Solarium. And nothing in the daily programs either. My experience has been that children rarely use this area, but if they do, staff will not send them away if they are with their parents.

It's been my experience that the indoor solarium pool is adults only (with a sign at the entrance to area) on every Celebrity ship I've been on (Infinity, Solstice, Equinox) I believe the signage regarding adult supervision under 16 is a legal requirement that they need to have whether or not they allow kids.

The outdoor pool on Constellation was heated on our Baltic Cruise in early September, 2006. I have never known an outdoor pool to be heated in the Caribbean.

On Millennium, Summit and Constellation, the Thalassotherapy pool is definitely age restricted above 16 or 18 years of age (I forget exactly which). The indoor pool on Solstice was not a Thalassotherapy pool so by the sign pictured earlier, it appears that kids under supervision....and it has been our experience that in outdoor pools, supervision is low or nil in many cases.....is allowed. Pity.

Bill

Was on Solstice this summer and the solarium was "adults only".

If my mind serves me right, the pool sign had a few rules that were covered up (paint/white out of such)... I always wondered what rules the had decided to omit.

As noted, Celebrity's official policy on their website states age 16 and over, with a footnote posted down below describing exceptions that may be made.

Employees on the ship may forget, or simply not bother to switch out or cover up the sign at the pool when they change the rules, or when they change them back again.

So if someone posts a photo of a sign taken on a previous cruise, it does not mean that policy will necessarily apply in your situation.

Possibly it did not even apply at the time the photo was taken.

Also enforcement of rules may vary, as we know, not only from one cruise to another but even from one staff member to another.

The solarium pools are not "Adults Only". Instead, they require children to be accompanied by an adult. That is what the sign by Reflection's solarium pool read on our Oct 21 cruise. So children are indeed allowed at any time under these conditions, rain or shine, hot or cold climates. Below is a photo of the sign taken by Andreas Depping. Note that is states "under 16".

Pool%20sign%20Reflection.JPG

On Constellation a few years ago I took a photo of such a sign. It's a little hard to read, but it does allow children under the age of 18 with adult supervision.

Pool%20Sign%20Age.JPG

From Celebrity's own website which contradicts your photos;

To me the words 'may' means they may arbitrarily impose a no kids policy as and when they desire...

And

Deck Plans

Solarium Let the serenity surround you at this indoor pool reserved for adults only. The sound of waterfalls will transport you to a divine state of relaxation while you stretch out on thickly padded lounge chairs or melt away stress in the hot tub.

Edited by 6andy6

The no children policy is the default for the Solarium. They change it when in places like Alaska, early and late in the season and on TAs. Also, if they have rainy weather or generally cold such as when they went out of New Jersey during colder times. They obviously have different signs that are changed out however as I said the no children policy is the default for all the ships.

The one sign indicates pool rules which are different from the Solarium rules, the pool rules are posted as a CYA.

The no children policy is the default for the Solarium. They change it when in places like Alaska, early and late in the season and on TAs. Also, if they have rainy weather or generally cold such as when they went out of New Jersey during colder times. They obviously have different signs that are changed out however as I said the no children policy is the default for all the ships.

The one sign indicates pool rules which are different from the Solarium rules, the pool rules are posted as a CYA.

Thank you for this answer.It should satisfy both sides and lets Celebrity off the hook.;)

It's nice to have the kids in the pool. To the OP's question' date=' the kids do generate little pockets of heat in the pool, you just have to search for them.[/quote']Give them their own pool and keep JUST ONE for adults and everyone will be happy.:rolleyes:

On Solstice last year, there was a notice to advise that children would be allowed in the solarium at a specified time, think it was between 2.30 and 4.00pm. All other times it was adult only. The kids could have a swim and a play in a warm pool, then the adults could relax and chill out when they all got out. Everybody happy.

On Solstice last year, there was a notice to advise that children would be allowed in the solarium at a specified time, think it was between 2.30 and 4.00pm. All other times it was adult only. The kids could have a swim and a play in a warm pool, then the adults could relax and chill out when they all got out. Everybody happy.
Great plan,everybody happy.;)

can confirm that the Century now has one heated pool. Off the ship after last Hawaii cruise.

They had a bit of a problem with the temp being too hot and I don;t know if they can control it all that well but it sure was heated.

• 3 years later...

On the Millenium Class ships- kids are not allowed to use the indoor pool, except during certain hours (usually 5-7) on cold climate cruises.

On the Solstice class the kids are allowed and we still got dirty looks from passengers who think the indoor pool is adult's only. I made sure that we weren't noisy but people need to know that there is not a therapy pool on Solstice class- it's just a pool and everyone gets to use it.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain