Steak House on first night?

TikkiTembo

Besides the free bottle of wine, is there any other benefit to eating at the Steak House on the first evening? I don’t drink but I’m a dessert fanatic and I’ve heard great things about the crème brulee in the MDR so I don’t want to miss out.

Less people on first night. First time cruisers generally go to the MDR the first night because they want to experience cruise dining. As the week goes on, the novelty factor wore off, and some will venture to alternative dining venues such as the steakhouse in search of a new experience or better food.

Usually the first night's menu is the weakest one. So going the first night is probably not a bad idea. I would bet that if you asked, the Steakhouse could get you a creme brulee if you asked for one.

Although the deserts offered in the SteakHouse are killer.

So if you go to the steakhouse on the first night only they give you a free bottle of wine? Just curious and is this available on all ships or jsut certain ones.... I never sailed carnival, but am on the pride for NYE... we will prob eat 2 or 3 nites in the steakhouse and a free bottle of wine would def entice us to eat there first night

Usually the first night's menu is the weakest one. So going the first night is probably not a bad idea. I would bet that if you asked, the Steakhouse could get you a creme brulee if you asked for one.

I'm trying to map out my eating plans by looking at menus posted by Zydeco cruiser and only a few night appeal to me in terms of me/us being partial to the MDR. I plan to definitly do the Steakhouse and the Chef's Table is still up in the air. I do, however, like the idea of asking about the creme brulee! I will definitly do that. And the lighter crowd will appeal to hubby.

for me its the third night-- or whenever that Farfelle turkey thing is served. nothing appeals to me at all,.

to the OP I would check for cream brulee the first night at the buffet. they usually serve what is on the dining room menu minus a few things

So if you go to the steakhouse on the first night only they give you a free bottle of wine? Just curious and is this available on all ships or jsut certain ones....

Available on all ships with the steakhouse, and you're given the choice of red or white.

We are doing the Steakhouse on the Valor on the first night (9th). I think the MDR menu is kinda weak that night and after looking at them all the one I wouldn't mind missing, and a free bottle of wine is always good...besides time to change things up, as we always go on one of the formal nights.

we just got off the Legend, we went on the first night, and got two free bottles because there were four of us. The food was amazing, and the pre-app they brought out was amazing, it was tomato and sourdough soup and a mini prime rib burger, it was all we could think about all week so we went back on the last night too. The pre-app that night wasn't as tasty to us, one was a salmon cream soup and the other was a lemon roll with zuchinni type thing. The steakhouse is definetly worth a try and a pretty good value for $35 a person.

We're sailing on Breeze Dec 22nd and I was only able to get a steakhouse res for the first night. The agent told me all other nights are not available. The chef table is also completely sold out! Anyway besides that I was wondering if the kids club is open on the first night because I was planning to dine without the children.

Thanks!

We're sailing on Breeze Dec 22nd and I was only able to get a steakhouse res for the first night. The agent told me all other nights are not available. The chef table is also completely sold out! Anyway besides that I was wondering if the kids club is open on the first night because I was planning to dine without the children.

Thanks!

No :( I had to cancel my first night reservation because camp carnival is not going yet on a 7 day cruise.

Besides the free bottle of wine, is there any other benefit to eating at the Steak House on the first evening? I don’t drink but I’m a dessert fanatic and I’ve heard great things about the crème brulee in the MDR so I don’t want to miss out.

Stick with the MDR on your first night so you can enjoy your creme brulee and make a reservation for the Steak House for your last night of the cruise around 700 pm. It'll be a great way to end your vacation.

for me its the third night-- or whenever that Farfelle turkey thing is served. nothing appeals to me at all,.

to the OP I would check for cream brulee the first night at the buffet. they usually serve what is on the dining room menu minus a few things

Third night for me as well. I don't drink so I'm definitely not giving up creme brulee for a bottle of wine!

We did the Breeze Steakhouse on the first night because we wanted the free bottle of wine. I have to say that the wine was pretty good (it was from Chile) and the meal was wonderful. My DH really didn't like the food in the MDR so we tried to make a reservation later on in the week for the steakhouse but they were sold out. So word of warning make sure that you make your reservations early as it does sell out.

Don't know if this will help but over the 2 day Thanksgiving sailing on the Breeze I really wanted the Oysters Rockefeller which were served on the first night of the cruise...

On the next night, I asked my waiter if there was any chance they could bring me it. He tried but it wasn't enough notice however he let me know that if you really like something just ask for it one day in advance and they will do their best to prep it for you!

Maybe for that Creme Brulee?? ;)

Third night for me as well. I don't drink so I'm definitely not giving up creme brulee for a bottle of wine!

That's how I feel too. The menu with the farfelle turkey isn't to appealing to me either so that might be an option. I just can't decide but I do know for certain that I DON'T want to miss the Creme Brulee.

Archived