Yay! I got a balcony!

jetteh22

I was booked for the Breeze 12/8 cruise in a 4E interior on Deck 6 and a few days ago we were talking about how we regretted not getting a balcony just because interior was cheaper (and I don't smoke anymore).

I called and they said there were no rooms available. Today I checked twice and there were none available and I just checked and got a balcony 8B on the same deck (just caddy-corner to my interior)! I had to pay an extra $300-odd dollars. But it's still almost $300 cheaper than it would have been when we originally booked so it's a good deal!

Question, though. I know it was only 10 minutes ago but my cabin number on the Carnival site hasn't updated yet. How long should I give it before calling in? They can't 'double-book' a cabin and end up to where we don't have a cabin, can they?

No they can't. When you call in and they pull up the quote and select a cabin it holds it for you right then. When I booked our upcoming cruise on the phone with my PVP, she pulled up one cabin and then opened another window to pull up the other cabin. In the time that it took to open the second window and put in the info someone had "pulled" the second cabin. She (my PVP) had to play around for a few minutes because I REALLY wanted those particular cabins (they are connecting). Once she was able to pull it up she made the comment that she was glad that the other rep let it go so quickly.

We've done this before and you will be fine. It just takes a while for the changes to show up on carnivals site. I know what it's like to get an inside when you really want a balcony. We did an inside last year and I was a little sad every time I went to our room. I really missed the balcony with the fresh air, sunshine, and the fresh outdoors right at your fingertips. Enjoy your balcony cabin. :)

I was booked for the Breeze 12/8 cruise in a 4E interior on Deck 6 and a few days ago we were talking about how we regretted not getting a balcony just because interior was cheaper (and I don't smoke anymore).

I called and they said there were no rooms available. Today I checked twice and there were none available and I just checked and got a balcony 8B on the same deck (just caddy-corner to my interior)! I had to pay an extra $300-odd dollars. But it's still almost $300 cheaper than it would have been when we originally booked so it's a good deal!

Question, though. I know it was only 10 minutes ago but my cabin number on the Carnival site hasn't updated yet. How long should I give it before calling in? They can't 'double-book' a cabin and end up to where we don't have a cabin, can they?

Congrats on the switch!!

When I switched cabins it took a few days I believe to show my new cabin!

Thanks, everbody! It turned out fine and around midnight it did update. I also have $72 onboard credit somehow. The first $50 is from the Mastercard promotion they had and I don't know where the other $22 came from but I'm not complaining.

@Bonnys - That sounds like a good idea. While I was talking to her I was also worried it was going to get taken because (at the time) it was the last balcony available. And it was a pretty good deal.

@Cruisinqt - That's exactly what we were regretting. Last time I smoked and I used the balcony for mostly smoking but it was still nice to sit out there. I'm using an electronic cig now (for about a year!) so I don't need to go out there to use it but we were talking about it and I just loved being out there in general. Now I can take my Nook out there, listen to the wind and water and read. It'll be relaxing. We were mostly worried we would regret it every time we walked into the room.

Now we know for next time - don't skimp out just because of the price. When you have 10 months to pay for something that extra money really doesn't seem like that much at all.

Wish me luck - I'm hoping to take a lot of pictures this time (I hardly ever take pictures) and maybe doing a good picture review of the Breeze when we get back.

Congrats on the quitting smoking 24yrs for me :D and congrats on the balcony!!

I have been debating doing this for our B2B we are booked into the same 4J cabin for both legs, but I keep tossing the idea of changing to a balcony for the second leg:rolleyes: The first is a 4 day the second 5 days.

Congrats on the quitting smoking 24yrs for me :D and congrats on the balcony!!

I have been debating doing this for our B2B we are booked into the same 4J cabin for both legs, but I keep tossing the idea of changing to a balcony for the second leg:rolleyes: The first is a 4 day the second 5 days.

Thanks! I say go for it if it's affordable for you! You could always try and wait til the last minute to upgrade and see if they have any, like I did (though I did mine on accident). We almost didn't get one but we did end up getting one in a great location for a great price.

To each their own. I do have to say that the one thing I enjoyed about the inside room on our first cruise was that it was -pitch black- and sooo easy to sleep. This was bad because we accidentally slept until 11a-12p on the sea days because we couldn't tell what time it was. Now we bring an alarm clock but the sun at least lets us know it's morning.

Archived