Question about deposit, future cruise credit.

Izzybeff

Currently I have a cruise booked for February 2014. I am now thinking of taking a solo cruise this coming January 2013. Is it possible for me to call and use the $250 I paid on the 2014 cruise and book a cruise for January?

I was then hoping to buy a Future Cruise Credit on my cruise in January and use that to rebook my 2014 cruise. I know I most likely won't get the same room, I just wanted to know if it is possible to change the deposit on the cruise date.

I believe you could cancel your cruise and return your FCC to your "bank". Then you could use it for your 2013 cruise, buy another one and use it to book a new cruise. As explained to me when I purchased one and again when I used it to book.

DH wants to know if the cruise deposits are refundable if you cancel before final payment. He is thinking if they are I just go on my 2013 cruise, buy a FCC and then come back, cancel my cruise and rebook the cruise with FCC I bought, keeping the same room.

I did not use a FCC to put down for the 2014 cruise, I just paid the money.

Norwegian's Freestyle Cruise Rewards Terms & Conditions for US and Canada

To redeem your Freestyle Cruise Rewards please call your Travel Professional or Norwegian at 1-866-234-7352. At time of booking, please notify us or your Travel Professional that your Freestyle Cruise Rewards deposit will be applied to the reservation. Cruise Rewards cannot be redeemed online.

1. When you charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit to your shipboard account, you will receive Cruise Reward credit in USD or CAD based on which office your current cruise was purchased (credit will go in your Norwegian guest record or Norwegian Latitudes account); and an instant $100 shipboard credit towards your current cruise.

2. Your Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit is charged in U.S. dollars. You must be 21 years of age or older to charge a $250 Freestyle Cruise Rewards to your shipboard account.

3. A maximum of four (4) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits may be purchased per person.

4. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are refundable only within 30 days of purchase, in the amount paid minus the amount of the instant $100 shipboard credit. A Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit can only be applied to a new reservation and otherwise has no cash value and is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash. Cruise Rewards Deposits are transferable at no charge.

5. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for sailings of 6 days or longer.

6. Limit one (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used per stateroom; and may be used as the full deposit for all staterooms except Specialty Suites, The Haven and Garden Villas (staterooms requiring enhanced deposit). One (1) Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit may be used as a partial deposit towards the full required deposit for Specialty Suites, Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas.

7. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits are valid for new reservations made within 4 years from the date of purchase, and become null and void after expiration. Failure to redeem and sail within 4 years will result in forfeiture of Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit.

8. You must notify Norwegian or your Travel Professional that a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be applied at the time of reservation. No black-out dates will apply. Reservations are subject to availability.

9. Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposits cannot be combined with chartered cruises, employee, friends and family, interline and travel agent rates.

10. To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by Norwegian in accordance with Norwegian cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

11. In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the NCL the NCL (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCL and/or NCL America Inc.'s (together "NCL") Terms and Conditions of the Cruise Brochure and Passenger Ticket Contract.

I don't know about the rules posted above, but I used my cc for a booking and then cancelled the booking (and it wasn't in writing) and just had it applied to the new booking I did the following day.

Just remember if you booked and got any "deals" for that booking (like OBC or whatever) that when you cancel, you lose those credits/deals/sales you might have received with it. Also, depending on how you booked, you could be charged a cancellation fee (with a TA <---some charge a cancellation fee, some do not).

Also, when you cancel, that leaves your cabin open for anyone else to book. When you go on your cruise to buy your cc, when you come back, it's possible that the room you had and still want might not be available.

However, if it was me, I would cancel and rebook with the new cc on the next cruise. It's definitely worth the $$ saved IMO. :)

DH wants to know if the cruise deposits are refundable if you cancel before final payment...I did not use a FCC to put down for the 2014 cruise, I just paid the money.

Yes, your deposit is refundable if you cancel. Yes, it is possible to transfer the 250 put down on the one you want in January. You will only know for sure when you call them.

coka

I think i'm just going to leave the 2014 cruise alone for now, go on my January cruise, buy a FCC and then call when I get back. If they won't let me cancel and then rebook with the FCC, guess i'll just have to plan ANOTHER cruise in the next 4 years. Boy would that be a hardship.:D

Archived