Ultimate Beverage Package...

azgkrudi

When we were on board the Pearl first week of December, all of the drinks you mentioned were included. It's the price of the base "shot" of alcohol that they consider, and it was any alcohol that was $6.25 or under. Included vodkas were Absolut, Ketel One, and I believe Smirnoff. NOT Grey Goose or Ciroc. Captain Morgan spiced rum was included so I am assuming "regular" rum would have been as well. Bombay Sapphire, which I consider to be one of the top gins, was $6.25, therefore was included. (Made me happy!) Margaritas were included, as long as you didn't ask for Patron or some other higher-end type of tequila. Mojitos were included as well. Mimosas, too. We didn't order a whole lot of frozen drinks, but my husband drank plenty of mudslides and they were included. Just ask the bartender before you order and they'll be glad to tell you.

Granted, we were on the first sailing of the Pearl where they offered the package. Things could be different now on the Pearl, and also may vary from ship to ship. We saved our receipts and added them up afterward, and the package saved us several hundred dollars ($501.94 to be exact), so we were quite pleased. Have a great time on the Epic!

I'm not judging, but am surprised. You would have spent $1300 in one week on drinks for two and that's about 170 drinks at average of $8 per drink. 85 drinks apiece seems amazing to me. Is this possible? I'm glad it worked out for you.

I like the idea of just stating "drinks under $10.00 are included". That way you dont have to keep questioning them which brands are included- all the the drink prices and brands are on the bar menus.

Actually drinks are under 6.25, It's wine that is under $10 according to what has been posted previously.

So not only is it a problem of questioning which brands are included but actually which drinks are included. In looking at 2 of our invoices from our last cruise, our one invoice for 2 drinks was $16.36. If my memories serves me correctly this was 2 pina coladas without the souvenir glass. Therefore whatever we ordered that time it would not have been included. At $6.25+gratuity would have came to $14.36 for 2. The next invoice was $13.51, I believe that one was a less expensive bar liquor and soda.

If this is going to be an issue with which drinks are included and which ones are not, I think NCL is going to have to advertise at the bars what their prices actually are. Since this information except specials of the day, wine and possibly specials on beer are not posted anywhere.

Actually drinks are under 6.25, It's wine that is under $10 according to what has been posted previously.

So not only is it a problem of questioning which brands are included but actually which drinks are included. In looking at 2 of our invoices from our last cruise, our one invoice for 2 drinks was $16.36. If my memories serves me correctly this was 2 pina coladas without the souvenir glass. Therefore whatever we ordered that time it would not have been included. At $6.25+gratuity would have came to $14.36 for 2. The next invoice was $13.51, I believe that one was a less expensive bar liquor and soda.

If this is going to be an issue with which drinks are included and which ones are not, I think NCL is going to have to advertise at the bars what their prices actually are. Since this information except specials of the day, wine and possibly specials on beer are not posted anywhere.

It's all drinks under $10 as far as I know I will check out tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

It's all drinks under $10 as far as I know I will check out tomorrow

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Please do and if possible take a photo or scan of the actual document. If you look at post #80 from someone who just got off the Epic has typed out what the package included and it states drinks under $6.25 and wine by glass under $10. Someone else on another thread actually posted the page but it was too small and blurry to see.

There is so much conflicting information going around on the whole program.

I have read "most" of the thread but ....

How does this work, do they swipe your card ?

I am sure you don't wear a bracelet :eek:

Are the "free" drinks listed on your bill at zero?

If you go and pick up a drink for yourself and your beautiful wife, you have to bring both cards, right ?

At some specialty restaurant, when you order an appetizer sometimes you can get a suggested glass of wine to pair with your plate, if it is under 10$ is it included then ?

Thank you all !!

I just wish it didn't have to be purchased by everyone in the cabin, because my husband doesn't drink anything but soda and water. It would end up being 700.00 for the 2 of us if we were to purchase it. I drink 1-3 drinks per day plus soda.

Even if you could purchase the beverage package alone it would not be worth $49 per day for you. The soda card cost $6.50 per day and then 1-3 drinks would cost $7-$30 per day on top of that. If you spent $6.50 on the soda card and average $20 in alcohol per day you would be losing on average $20 a day if you purchased the alcohol package.

I have read "most" of the thread but ....

How does this work, do they swipe your card ? YES

I am sure you don't wear a bracelet :eek: NO Bracelet

Are the "free" drinks listed on your bill at zero? They charge you then give you credit for same amount = 0

If you go and pick up a drink for yourself and your beautiful wife, you have to bring both cards, right ? Yes, both cards, 1 drink at a time per card

At some specialty restaurant, when you order an appetizer sometimes you can get a suggested glass of wine to pair with your plate, if it is under 10$ is it included then ? Yes

Thank you all !!

:cool::cool:

Are you charged for the last day of the cruise? A week long (7 day) cruise is $49 x 7 (plus 15%)? Not many bars open on the last day (morning).

Technically, a cruise is billed as seven nights and eight days. You will be charged for seven days/nights.

no, but it is still 7 days, including the day of embarkation: S/M/T/W/th/F/S

We did the Ultimate Beverage Package and we were not charged for the last day. The other poster is right, all accounts are closed for disembarkation. We didn't get charged. We're going on the Gem again in March 2013 and I hope they offer the package again. We purchased the package on embarkation day in the main lobby, where they display their other beverage packages. It was right before the muster drill before leaving the port. They said you could purchase at any of the bars on the ship but I believe there is an inconsistency there, as all bartenders were not as knowledgeable about the package since it's so new. I think NCL is still in the testing phase of this product so I would expect some tweaking. They monitor the CC boards, so they know customers are looking for an alcoholic beverage package which can benefit them and the customer.

OK, I'm the one who typed out the wording last week of the Ultimate Beverage Package when we boarded the ship last Saturday but my iPhone wouldn't let me post the picture. I'm going to give it a try here. Hopefully you'll be able to read it. If I see that the photo is too small or isn't that legible I'll try something else.

I didn't purchase the package as we're mostly beer drinkers and and I like wine with dinner but my husband doesn't drink it so we did better with the 2 for 1 happy hour offerings (which I found out takes place only on port days from 4 - 6 so it was a few days before they actually had the happy hour).

I hope this helps answer some questions.

To Edit:

OK, I just saw that you can't read it. I can send the scan to someone on here if they know how to post photos in a better way.

707276764_UBP001.jpg.7c9a675de534222689673bd09f57c746.jpg

OK, I'm the one who typed out the wording last week of the Ultimate Beverage Package when we boarded the ship last Saturday but my iPhone wouldn't let me post the picture. I'm going to give it a try here. Hopefully you'll be able to read it. If I see that the photo is too small or isn't that legible I'll try something else.

I didn't purchase the package as we're mostly beer drinkers and and I like wine with dinner but my husband doesn't drink it so we did better with the 2 for 1 happy hour offerings (which I found out takes place only on port days from 4 - 6 so it was a few days before they actually had the happy hour).

I hope this helps answer some questions.

To Edit:

OK, I just saw that you can't read it. I can send the scan to someone on here if they know how to post photos in a better way.

Thank you for trying.

The best way to post a photo so you can read it, is to upload it to the internet, any photo site like flickr dot com or even facebook. Then copy from there and paste it into the body of your text.

Unfortunately, neither soda nor bottled water are included in this package. Included are wines under $10 by the glass; domestic beers; and most liquors (there seemed to be some confusion among which ones, so lists were distributed to the bartenders with all included liquors highlighted in blue). I pretty much drank cocktails containing Absolut, Ketel One, Captain Morgan and Bombay Sapphire and ALL of these are included. My husband drank Mudslides, so I know that Bailey's and Kahlua are included as well.

Do just to be clear, this package does not include soda. If that is the case, does that mean that I would have to also buy the soda card.

Do just to be clear, this package does not include soda. If that is the case, does that mean that I would have to also buy the soda card.

When we were on the Gem last month it included ALL Pepsi products, as well as alcohol. Bottled drinks and sodas, including bottled water, were not included in the Ultimate. Perhaps they are testing different packages before settling on one particular product. If you think...$49 per day divided by $9 glass of wine is about five glasses of wine. If you drink a couple of sodas with a meal and have four glasses of wi e, then you'll break even. It can be different things for different people. We are not sure if we will do it again on our cruise in March. They have two for one drink specials on NCL which is really nice.

Cheers!

Just came back this morning - and am happy to announce that UBP is available on the Sky for $49pp + 15% (does not include buckets of beer, or any drink priced over $10 BUT does cover you in all bars and restaurants AND on Great Stirrup Cay) and yes, everyone in room must purchase for every day of the cruise, not including last day. BUT, as other reviewers have said, this saved us at LEAST $400 in extra expenses. THIS made our trip - we were so happy to be freed of the "oh crap how many drinks is that..how many for today...etc) Its been in place on Sky for past two weeks, and in speaking with the BEV director seems many peeps are loving the convenience. Of course, on a 7 day cruise, it will be $280 PP with 15% - BUT still worth it, esp if you spend most of your time on the ship like we did!

Just came back this morning - and am happy to announce that UBP is available on the Sky for $49pp + 15% (does not include buckets of beer, or any drink priced over $10 BUT does cover you in all bars and restaurants AND on Great Stirrup Cay) and yes, everyone in room must purchase for every day of the cruise, not including last day. BUT, as other reviewers have said, this saved us at LEAST $400 in extra expenses. THIS made our trip - we were so happy to be freed of the "oh crap how many drinks is that..how many for today...etc) Its been in place on Sky for past two weeks, and in speaking with the BEV director seems many peeps are loving the convenience. Of course, on a 7 day cruise, it will be $280 PP with 15% - BUT still worth it, esp if you spend most of your time on the ship like we did!

Thanks for posting. I know there are drink price maximums for the package, but I am looking for a little more specific info.

Is grey goose and tonic included? How about Bacardi 8 and Pepsi? Daiquris? Margaritas?

Archived