Ultimate Beverage Package...

azgkrudi

I have a question regarding being on the same folio.

My mother is taking my sister's family and my family on Breakaway.

We have 4 cabins and booked together (my mother paid the deposit and also

paying for the final payment).

Cabin 1: My mother and dd (19)

Cabin 2: My dh, ds and I (ds 15)

Cabin 3: My sister and 2 of her young children

Cabin 4: My bil and 1 child

So, if my mother used one credit card for all of our cabins, we would all

need to get the package, is that correct?

If we want to make it work that my mother wouldn't have to pay for the package,

we would need to use our own credit cards for our staterooms, is that correct?

BUT, as someone has stated we can purchase before we board, I wonder if we can just purchase per cabin and not folio?

Also, is it correct that frozen drinks are not included? If we purchased a drink that was more than the amount we are allowed to spend, can we pay the difference (for instance, premium liquor)?

Does this all make sense? Thank you.

I'm pretty sure this would be based PER CABIN, not per credit card.

I have a question regarding being on the same folio.

My mother is taking my sister's family and my family on Breakaway.

We have 4 cabins and booked together (my mother paid the deposit and also

paying for the final payment).

Cabin 1: My mother and dd (19)

Cabin 2: My dh, ds and I (ds 15)

Cabin 3: My sister and 2 of her young children

Cabin 4: My bil and 1 child

So, if my mother used one credit card for all of our cabins, we would all

need to get the package, is that correct?

If we want to make it work that my mother wouldn't have to pay for the package,

we would need to use our own credit cards for our staterooms, is that correct?

BUT, as someone has stated we can purchase before we board, I wonder if we can just purchase per cabin and not folio?

Also, is it correct that frozen drinks are not included? If we purchased a drink that was more than the amount we are allowed to spend, can we pay the difference (for instance, premium liquor)?

Does this all make sense? Thank you.

It is based per cabin, nothing to do with credit card :cool:

This will have nothing to do with Folios. This is sold to everyone in the cabin over 21 or nothing.

The word "portfolio" is coming from the photo of the flyer at the pool bar posted in post #93. "under the same portfolio for the entire length of the cruise"

Those under 21 have to purchase the soda package also.

I didn't get that from reading the poster. Where did you get this information?That doesnt make any sense to me. Why on earth would they make a parent purchase a soda card for a child? This would simply be a money grabber and totally not acceptable in my books making a 3 year old purchase a soda card.

I didn't get that from reading the poster. Where did you get this information?That doesnt make any sense to me. Why on earth would they make a parent purchase a soda card for a child? This would simply be a money grabber and totally not acceptable in my books making a 3 year old purchase a soda card.

From others who purchased the package.

They have to offer it to be competitive with Carnival, Royal Caribbean (who just announced last week) and Celebrity. For DH and me, it's a fair deal. We always have a bottle of wine at dinner and a couple cocktails each throughout the day/evening. We will switch to house wine at dinner and pretty much come out even. Mimosas in the morning will be a bonus!

Did anyone ask why? I can't figure out why NCL would do this.

I can't speak to NCL, but Carnival's program states that under 21 must purchase the Bottomless Bubbles (soda) card. I imagine NCL would require the same. Fortunately, our kids are 11 and 13 and get the soda card anyway.

I can't speak to NCL, but Carnival's program states that under 21 must purchase the Bottomless Bubbles (soda) card. I imagine NCL would require the same. Fortunately, our kids are 11 and 13 and get the soda card anyway.

So now I got it. Since fountain drinks are included they are afraid of losing soda/soda revenue so they are making all children in the cabin purchase the soda package if the parents purchase the alcohol package to cut down on cheating.

How about if the parents don't buy the drink package but one of 3 kids in the family wants the soda package is that allowed?

The soda package is ridiculous! Who wants to carry around a soda cup with them all day? I saw parents not only managing their kids, but making sure they had the soda cups.....is soda that worth it?

No way anyone is required to carry around the soda cup. Never been a requirement and was not as of last week.

The sticker on your card key is all that's required.

My DH and I are cruising on the Epic in March and the Ultimate Beverage Package has certainly caught my attention. I am trying to figure out if this will be worth it for us and was hoping someone who has sailed would have the answers to my questions.

The package includes well drinks, correct? What exactly are considered well drinks? Basic rum and cokes, vodka tonics? Or does it include fruity drinks like Bahama Mamas, Margaritas, and drinks of that nature? What about frozen drinks? I would just hate to buy the package and then find myself having to buy the fruity drinks that I want to drink poolside.

Thanks!

My DH and I are cruising on the Epic in March and the Ultimate Beverage Package has certainly caught my attention. I am trying to figure out if this will be worth it for us and was hoping someone who has sailed would have the answers to my questions.

The package includes well drinks, correct? What exactly are considered well drinks? Basic rum and cokes, vodka tonics? Or does it include fruity drinks like Bahama Mamas, Margaritas, and drinks of that nature? What about frozen drinks? I would just hate to buy the package and then find myself having to buy the fruity drinks that I want to drink poolside.

Thanks!

When we were on board the Pearl first week of December, all of the drinks you mentioned were included. It's the price of the base "shot" of alcohol that they consider, and it was any alcohol that was $6.25 or under. Included vodkas were Absolut, Ketel One, and I believe Smirnoff. NOT Grey Goose or Ciroc. Captain Morgan spiced rum was included so I am assuming "regular" rum would have been as well. Bombay Sapphire, which I consider to be one of the top gins, was $6.25, therefore was included. (Made me happy!) Margaritas were included, as long as you didn't ask for Patron or some other higher-end type of tequila. Mojitos were included as well. Mimosas, too. We didn't order a whole lot of frozen drinks, but my husband drank plenty of mudslides and they were included. Just ask the bartender before you order and they'll be glad to tell you.

Granted, we were on the first sailing of the Pearl where they offered the package. Things could be different now on the Pearl, and also may vary from ship to ship. We saved our receipts and added them up afterward, and the package saved us several hundred dollars ($501.94 to be exact), so we were quite pleased. Have a great time on the Epic!

When we were on board the Pearl first week of December, all of the drinks you mentioned were included. It's the price of the base "shot" of alcohol that they consider, and it was any alcohol that was $6.25 or under. Included vodkas were Absolut, Ketel One, and I believe Smirnoff. NOT Grey Goose or Ciroc. Captain Morgan spiced rum was included so I am assuming "regular" rum would have been as well. Bombay Sapphire, which I consider to be one of the top gins, was $6.25, therefore was included. (Made me happy!) Margaritas were included, as long as you didn't ask for Patron or some other higher-end type of tequila. Mojitos were included as well. Mimosas, too. We didn't order a whole lot of frozen drinks, but my husband drank plenty of mudslides and they were included. Just ask the bartender before you order and they'll be glad to tell you.

Granted, we were on the first sailing of the Pearl where they offered the package. Things could be different now on the Pearl, and also may vary from ship to ship. We saved our receipts and added them up afterward, and the package saved us several hundred dollars ($501.94 to be exact), so we were quite pleased. Have a great time on the Epic!

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience.

I am a margarita/mojito drinker as well as red wine.

My dh also likes to drink Bloody Marys. Do you recall if this was offered in the package?

Thanks SO much!

Does anyone know if this includes espresso's after dinner in the dining room? (I know this seems like an obvious no...)

Take a look at post #80, someone has been kind enough to type out exactly what is included and excluded in the package.

Thank you for taking the time to post about your experience.

I am a margarita/mojito drinker as well as red wine.

My dh also likes to drink Bloody Marys. Do you recall if this was offered in the package?

Thanks SO much!

We had red and white wine by the glass at dinner that was included (it had to be under $10 a glass - tough one, I know, considering almost all of the wines are under that! ;))

Bloody Marys are included too, as long as you don't ask for one of the "super premium" vodkas - i.e., Grey Goose, Belvidere or Ciroc. I had a Bloody Mary that was made with Absolut, and it was indeed included in the package.

I think that the reason things have been as clear as a "mudslide" ;) regarding which drinks are included and which ones aren't is because they are trying to figure out what is cost effective for them. The cost will go up or the selections will go down if the average take away from each couple is a $500.00 savings. They are doing the math also.

Archived