Faster to the Fun?

kjblovestotravel

How do you think the others you paid to break in line in front of felt about it?

Do you think they "hope you get to do it again soon?"

gfh77665, You need to lighten up a bit. Try to relax, maybe some meditation, maybe you should take a cruise?

Just not mine, because I'm a line-breaker:eek:

For real, If I'm on vacation I don't really care, its vacation. I'm gonna have a good time no matter what, (except for NORO)

No crying here shadow diver!!! I'll be smiling really soon when I bypass the big lines...got f2f for my january cruise!!!! Great perk!!!!

no your not and im sorry i didn't read your post right at first im happy for you i hope i can get a f2f for my cruise also a aweaome perk!!!!

My daughter and I are Platinum. Three friends who cruised with us in a different cabin in Sept. were not. I encouraged them to purchase the FTTF.

I actually went online and did it for them. It was a good perk for them. They were able to debark with us in the tender ports. We traveled together. We rode to the airport together, flew on the same flights, arrived at the same time in Miami. We took a van to the port together. We went through security together. Then we had to go to seperate lines. Us in the VIP line, them in the FTTF line. We were waiting for our name to be called to get our sail and signs and get checked in, and they called us. From the lido deck, headed to the buffet for lunch. We boarded half an hour later. They had finished lunch.

FTTF was good for them.

Just remember, in a sense, FTTF can be called line jumping, but not in a bad way. They paid for it. The only thing I see is that people that defend it were lucky enough to get it. Remember, there is a limited number of guests that can purchase this. So they are letting a limited number of guests have this so called perk. It is there to increase their profit... pleasing 45 or so people, and frustrating those that are VIP, is kinda silly if you ask me, it also frustrates the other passengers, that are not VIP, but have been in line for an hour, to watch those 45 or so jump in front of them. Really? Does the cruiseline really need that money that badly?

I like your attitude:D

Oh' date=' I love frustrating the VIP that have a "superior" attitude. I'm not saying that all of them are acting entitled but some do and it is annoying. The fact that many have nothing but time and money to buy their way into VIP does not give them they right to say they earned it (and peeps really need to understand the definition of this word since it is being used totally wrong by many). As far as peeps in line being frustrated when people board before them...sure, that is part of the rule of the masses, you see it on airplanes every day, people just hate lines, even though they will get to the end eventually (basic physics). And if they are frustrated by the FTTF boarders aren't they also frustrated by the VIP boarders...to most of them it is just about money buying convenience for all the priority boarders (suite occupants included).

Do peeps really want Carnival to incorporate a boarding by "what you spent" mentality. You know most expensive staterooms board first and then on down the line....oh I can just hear the howls for that idea since I am sure many VIPs board cheap inside staterooms.[/quote']

I don't have a superior attitude, so don't worry. you don't frustrate me... Most VIPs don't have a superior attitude... jealousy is a vicious thing, ya know?

gfh77665, You need to lighten up a bit. Try to relax, maybe some meditation, maybe you should take a cruise?

Just not mine, because I'm a line-breaker:eek:

For real, If I'm on vacation I don't really care, its vacation. I'm gonna have a good time no matter what, (except for NORO)

Golfman- One of the most intelligent post on this subject. I'm with you 100%, people need to not let things bother them so much while on vacation.

Now don't get me wrong, my number one pet peeve is rude people that don't give a damn about inconveniencing others, but I'm not going to let a few people jumping line bother me for more than 2 seconds while I'm on a cruise. Aren't we cruising to relax? :confused:

Guess I'll be getting the evil eye on my New Years Dream cruise... oh yeah, I'll be in the F2F line (or lack of line)!:D

Happy Cruising!!

Yes they are breaking the line. If you want to get on the ship first purchase a suite or sail until your plat.

This infuriates me. I purchase a suite because of a slight handicap that

I have. I need to be able to get on the ship slowly and without loads and loads of people. I don't ask for any special assistance but why should I pay all the extra for a suite and have people jump in that line.

Carnival set it up that FTTF boards next. So how does your $ 50.00 pay

for you pushing in then. FTTF would be next.

Again, I would take it up with Carnival. The passengers that book and pay for the program are not at fault. If Carnival offers a program that they pay for, then they are within their rights, as outlined by Carnival, to proceed, at least to a certain extent, to the front portion of the line. As for what you get for purchasing a suite? A lot more space than what the person paying for the FTTF gets. Bottom line is that Carnival doesn't do much for rewarding suite guests or even previous cruisers for that matter. If you truly want more perks for being in a suite, then Carnival isn't going to be for you. RCI for sure offers more true suite-specific perks than Carnival, but that is not the fault of the passengers, it's Carnival's fault. I personally don't think that priority boarding would be that much of a perk or bonus for me and my family, and therefore don't see myself booking it, but if Carnival is offering it, and people are willing to pay for it, then so be it. It's Carnival's ships, so Carnival's rules. For those that don't like it, there are other options out there. For those wanting to stick with Carnival for brand-loyalty or other reasons, then you are subject to their rules and policies.

Having asked the original question to start this thread, I booked it today. The more time I have to not schlepp luggage or wait for my room to be ready, but to be able to put my feet up and start the vacation is worth the money spent.

You should really enjoy it. :)

We had it on our Liberty cruise back in September and I hope to book it every time I cruise on CCL in the future. Besides being whisked through embarkation in less than ten minutes -- the longest delays were putting cash on my sister's S&S account at the desk and having to dodge the embarkation photogs -- the ability to get to Guest Services without waiting in line proved to be crucial, since we had issues with our stateroom. MUST have saved me at least an hour waiting in line that first night. I hope you don't have any similar issues, but if you do, the ability to use the VIP line at Guest Services will more than pay for F2F.

We weren't going to use it for early debark, but we ended up using it and we were out of the ship and on our way in no time.

We had to skip the tendering port due to weather, but we would have been among the first off the boat...why not enjoy the most time in paradise, aka Half Moon Cay? :D

We decided to purchase this for our next cruise. We aren't in any hurry to get on the ship and actually have tossed around staying in town a while and boarding last to avoid the crowds. The deciding factor for FTTF for our family was the priority tendering in Belize since we have a big day planned and want to get off the ship early. If we decide to go early and take advantage of priority boarding we will follow directions and not join in with the line breakers.

We live near Silver Dollar City in Branson. We buy season passes every year ($800ish for my family) . They sell day passes for priority seating in the shows as well as head of the line priv. on the big rides. I don't get mad at the people who have show lovers or ride lovers passes.They paid to get to the head of the line and I didn't. The park doesn't owe me head of the line priv for buying passes every year. I get what I paid for so why should I care ?

• 1 month later...

I looked on this thread because I too purchased FTTF for our 2 cabins for our next cruise (we are a family of 5 with an extra person with us). I am just blown away with this debate. I believe on our cruise, only 15 were sold. Such a fuss over 15 cabins enjoying a few of the many perks VIPs have (and I have heard they have some additional perks that they didn't have before only because of the new FTTF program).

As far as line jumping. I will say that I would be upset if someone jumped in front of me that wasn't suppose to be there. That's an individual problem of rudeness, not a problem with FTTF. Carnival needs to control that and make instructions clear.

I am also tired of some people talking about us like we are lower class citizens if we are not VIP. We love to vacation on land and sea. Like this cruise, we typically purchase 2 higher level balcony rooms to share. We can't fit into a suite. Everyone just needs to go and enjoy their cruise and stop worring what everyone else is doing.

Last, I read a good point that compared it to flying. My husband earns 1st class upgrades due to the number of times he flies. There are some who fly 1st class because they pay for it. There is no problem with that. Some earn it and others pay for it. That's how the world works.

To all of the complainers: After all of your fussing and complaining, you might get lucky and not run into any of us "horrible, lower class, FTTF folk" who I guess you feel will ruin your cruise.

Sorry about my rant. I just couldn't take it anymore :confused:

I could be wrong, but I read through the threads & it sounds like 2 different things got mashed up together. The FTTF Program isn't line breaking since Carnival put it in place and is offering a chance at priority boarding if you pay for it (much like suite pax get it through their booking a suite). It sounds as if the VIP's board first and then the FTTF people. If the Carnival workers put the FTTF people through before the VIP's, that's a mistake. If the FTTF people decide they're VIP's and need to go before they're called, THAT'S line breaking! It has nothing to do with being an FTTF person and everything to do with deciding to go when it's not your turn! (Unless you're confused like I tend to be:rolleyes:...then you turn red, go back and sit down till you're called. That would be a mistake!:D)

I'm hoping they have this when I go on my cruise. I like to be able to get in and settle down in my cabin and not drag my duffle bag all over while trying to handle a cane!

I am on the fence about buying the FTTF... however if I do I will not see it as linebreaking as it is a service offered to me by Carnival which I have purchased. I could see it being call line breaking if I did not have such as service offered to me and I skipped into the line and snuck through.

I bought it and enjoyed it this past week. I was on the ship in under 15 minutes last Saturday. Probably even got in ahead of some diamonds or plats who were in that line, while the person who met me after security just took us to the next available "regular" check in counter because of the VIP line up. As someone said upthread, it did really help at guest services when I could use the priority line. I'm sure I had 15 or 20 pair of eyeballs glaring at the back of my head, but that's what I paid the 50 bucks for. It was nice to drop our stuff at the cabin as soon as we boarded but it didn't get our luggage to us any earlier than we are used to.

Didn't make use of the priority tendering at Belize because, frankly, that port didn't interest us enough to make us get up extra early. Still not sure what priority dining is supposed to mean, as it didn't help us get early seating or somehow skip the line at the anytime dining room. I did make use of the debarkation, which resulted in us being in zone 2. We would have otherwise done self assist, but after seeing the approximate schedule, we decided zone 2 would work for us just as well. We left around 745am although our zone was called at 720 or so.

We decided to purchase this for our next cruise. We aren't in any hurry to get on the ship and actually have tossed around staying in town a while and boarding last to avoid the crowds. The deciding factor for FTTF for our family was the priority tendering in Belize since we have a big day planned and want to get off the ship early. If we decide to go early and take advantage of priority boarding we will follow directions and not join in with the line breakers.

We live near Silver Dollar City in Branson. We buy season passes every year ($800ish for my family) . They sell day passes for priority seating in the shows as well as head of the line priv. on the big rides. I don't get mad at the people who have show lovers or ride lovers passes.They paid to get to the head of the line and I didn't. The park doesn't owe me head of the line priv for buying passes every year. I get what I paid for so why should I care ?

Hey neighbor! We live in Nixa!

I wouldn't use it b/c it doesn't really offer me anything. After 7 Carnival cruises I have never had a prob. embarking or disembarking all over the United States. I don't think we have any tender ports on our upcoming Breeze cruise. I enjoy having lunch on Lido during embarkation and I love people watching and touring a new ship. Never had a prob. with cabin being ready around 1pm, suitcases have always arrived in a timely fashion, never had a cabin issue (thank God), never had a customer service issue. We don't book reservations to restaurants on board and have never used customer service before either. We book only private tours while in port and have never had an issue with meetings our tour guides on time. More power to those who need and are willing to pay for faster to the fun. Currently it is sold out on my next cruise, but I am not disappointed. It's great for those who utilize it!

We are thinking about purchasing this option for a 4 day cruise though it does seem a little pricey for such a short time. We are currently on the wait list for early seating for dinner - does anyone know if we will benefit from Faster to the Fun or will it have no impact on whether we get 1st seating?

Thanks for your help!

We are thinking about purchasing this option for a 4 day cruise though it does seem a little pricey for such a short time. We are currently on the wait list for early seating for dinner - does anyone know if we will benefit from Faster to the Fun or will it have no impact on whether we get 1st seating?

Thanks for your help!

Archived