I have a tough NCL question for you awesome Critics out there

hammsz

So it looks like we are gonna go with a suite on our next cruise, question is we are traveling with people that are staying in an inside cabin. Will they be able to eat breakfast/lunch at cagneys with us or is it strictly exclusive for us?

So it looks like we are gonna go with a suite on our next cruise, question is we are traveling with people that are staying in an inside cabin. Will they be able to eat breakfast/lunch at cagneys with us or is it strictly exclusive for us?

Not a tough question....

NCL extends the ammenity of breakfast/lunch at Cagney's to their suite guests. Unfortunately, you cannot grant that ammenity to other shipboard guests.

There are two available options should you feel that you want to eat with other guests:

Option 1 - Your butler can serve breakfast/lunch (from Cagney's) to you and your guests in your suite.

Option 2 - You can join your guests for breakfast/lunch in one of the venues in which their fare allows them to dine.

Another question for suite guests traveling with non suite guests.

We'll be in a suite and our friends will be in the balcony cabin right next to us. The PCC mentioned to my wife that it shouldn't be a problem if our friends go through the suite guest checkin and board the ship with us. Will they be allowed to go to the guest lounge/cagneys while waiting for our suite to be ready?

Anyone run into this?

We'll be in a suite and our friends will be in the balcony cabin right next to us. The PCC mentioned to my wife that it shouldn't be a problem if our friends go through the suite guest checkin and board the ship with us. Will they be allowed to go to the guest lounge/cagneys while waiting for our suite to be ready?

Anyone run into this?

We met up with our family/friends after check in and lunch.

This is what we did most days. Occasionally we had lunch with them in the MDR.

It can work.

I remember when our suite/haven friends gave us a brief tour and then hosted us inside their suite, we were in an inside They explained it would be unfair to the other suite pax to do otherwise and out of respect for them, they explained to us. Made sense It has rang true as we made the jump to suites ourselves.

Anyone run into this?

The PCC shouldn't have said something like this. Again, you are given the privilege of being checked in at the Suite Lounge. Go through your line and your friends go through the regular line and meet up somewhere on the ship for lunch like the main dining room. Your friends cannot eat in Cagneys.

Sounds like my experience is different than the majority. It was about 3 years ago, so maybe things have changed. We were a family of 4 in a Courtyard Suite on the Gem. My parents had a regular cabin.

Asked if they could do VIP check-in with us.... No problem.

Concierge said they could do priority embarkation and disembarkation at ports with us, no problem.

Eating with us at Cagney's... The Concierge said as long as it wasn't crowded, it was no problem. (They had 1 or 2 meals with us there total, so not like they came often).

The only absolute negative, was told they absolutely could not use the Courtyard/Haven.

Sounds like my experience is different than the majority. It was about 3 years ago, so maybe things have changed. We were a family of 4 in a Courtyard Suite on the Gem. My parents had a regular cabin.

Concierge said they could do priority embarkation and disembarkation at ports with us, no problem.

Eating with us at Cagney's... The Concierge said as long as it wasn't crowded, it was no problem. (They had 1 or 2 meals with us there total, so not like they came often).

The only absolute negative, was told they absolutely could not use the Courtyard/Haven.

This is in line with my past experience . Its not always the case but depends on

the concierge making judgment calls. Plus it was your parents not friends , it makes a difference ;)

I don't think your experience is different. I think what people are saying is it is wrong for non-suite passengers to get the perks that suite passengers are paying for. If this experience of yours happened with all, then what would be the point of suite passengers booking suites, wouldn't they just be better to book and pay for one and everyone else traveling with them ride on the coattails of that one suite?

I don't think your experience is different. I think what people are saying is it is wrong for non-suite passengers to get the perks that suite passengers are paying for. If this experience of yours happened with all, then what would be the point of suite passengers booking suites, wouldn't they just be better to book and pay for one and everyone else traveling with them ride on the coattails of that one suite?

Well said!

OP asked whether it was possible. Not for opinions of whether it is right or wrong.

As to answer this "moral dilemma" -- I do think there can be the application of some basic common sense and courtesy.

If you are traveling with a group of 20 people, and 2 of the people are in a suite.... it would be absurd to allow the other 18 people any suite perks.

But in reverse... if 20 people are in a suite, and 2 people are not.. And it really doesn't inconvenience any other suite guests by saying, "can these 2 guests get on and off the ship with us..." Then that is a simple courtesy that can be extended to the companions of the suite guests.

Exactly our experience. Also recently. But do ask the concierge upfront.

OP asked whether it was possible. Not for opinions of whether it is right or wrong.

Personally I don't give a hoot, what anyone does. I don't pay for suites, not do I have any want to have a suite or their perks. I'm quite satified with my balcony cabin. I don't need butlers or concierges and certainly don't need a special meal in Cagneys since I find good food through out the ship.

What I was answering was your statement "Sounds like my experience is different than the majority". I really didn't see posts before yours that claimed they had "experience" of being turned down. All I seen was the usual posts of "don't do it" which I was pointing out.

As to answer this "moral dilemma" -- I do think there can be the application of some basic common sense and courtesy.

If you are traveling with a group of 20 people, and 2 of the people are in a suite.... it would be absurd to allow the other 18 people any suite perks.

But in reverse... if 20 people are in a suite, and 2 people are not.. And it really doesn't inconvenience any other suite guests by saying, "can these 2 guests get on and off the ship with us..." Then that is a simple courtesy that can be extended to the companions of the suite guests.

I have ABSOLUTELY no problem with them getting on and off the ship (in the situation you mentionned) My beef is for them to get access to Cagneys for breakfast and or lunch. I choose to pay extra for a suite specifically for the perk of Cagneys and I feel its not right for someone that didnt pay the extra to get the perk. I book a PH does that mean I should be allowed to use the haven with a family member that booked it? No-and I wouldnt even ask. I just think its not right and what happens is it leads to EVERYONE thinking well they did it why cant I and then it ruins it for everyone. Sorry-again just MHO.

From all the threads I've seen on the subject it always seemed to me to be more of an issue to me of the suite passenger not having to give up their perks in order to hang out with their non-suite friends rather than the non-suite trying to get suite perks.

From all the threads I've seen on the subject it always seemed to me to be more of an issue to me of the suite passenger not having to give up their perks in order to hang out with their non-suite friends rather than the non-suite trying to get suite perks.

OK :confused:

On one day, we did ask if we could bring a couple along with us to Cagney's for lunch. It was late, after 1p and our concierge was very gracious and said of course. We only did it once and as I said, it was after the normal lunch hours so it seemed to work out. Wasn't crowded at all.

You might be able to do it once but as others have posted, I doubt it is something you want to try more than that.

I thought I had previously read that non-suite guests can accompany suite-guests to Cagneys for breakfast or lunch for an additional cover charge. Or am I imagining that?

Wasn't that for some special private restaurant on the Epic in the courtyard?

I thought I had previously read that non-suite guests can accompany suite-guests to Cagneys for breakfast or lunch for an additional cover charge. Or am I imagining that?

Not true unless it's something new.

Cagney's is good, don't get me wrong, but their menu for brkfst and lunch is the same every day. So IMO one or two times it's nice to eat there, but the other food venues are just as good and at least change things up.

Regarding boarding together, you'd need to ask when you get to the port. I've seen people do this.

Archived