Had a Brazillion Blow Out!

kiraryker

This is the first time in over 20 years that I can actually say I LOVE MY HAIR!!!!!:D:D I wake up every morning and it's fabulous and it stays that way all day!! No fuss no nothing it's AWESOME!

I went from a frizzy poodle to sleek, shiny, perfect! I got a slight cut with it also and it looks great - I've never liked my hair and have always tried new styles in hopes to like it - never

Thanks! You must know the feeling - you go to get your hair done - try all these new styles but leave hating your hair - I always ask the hubby what I should do before I get my hair done and he says does it really matter you always hate your hair after - so when I tried this I really had no idea that I would actually leave loving it!!

And it's been a month and I'm still loving it! Too bad it's a costly procedure but it's well worth the saving up to get these results and this feeling!!! I told the kids it's beans & weenies from now on mom needs to save for her hair HA HA just kidding but I will definately do it again

I have been having the Brazilian Blow Out done to my hair for the last two years. I find the treatment lasts for about 6 months before I need to redo it.

Before I had chemotherapy and lost all my hair, I had thick, coarse, curly hair. I, of course, always wanted straight hair.

My "born again" hair is thin, fine, and curly but is more frizzy. The Brazilian gives me more manageable hair. It is definetly worth the money.

I have been having the Brazilian Blow Out done to my hair for the last two years. I find the treatment lasts for about 6 months before I need to redo it.

Before I had chemotherapy and lost all my hair, I had thick, coarse, curly hair. I, of course, always wanted straight hair.

My "born again" hair is thin, fine, and curly but is more frizzy. The Brazilian gives me more manageable hair. It is definetly worth the money.

Do you care for it any certain way to make it last? I have been trying not to shampoo as often (I did buy the shampoo that is for bbo) It has really made a huge difference and I agree it was well worth the $$ Just to love your hair is HUGE!

I've been getting mine done for a little over 2 years now too... best thing I ever did, & I'd never, never go back! Mine lasts about 5 to 6 months, & at first I used the 'official' BBO shampoo, but now I just buy a sulfa free shampoo from target, blow out lasts just as long :) i still use the expensive BBO conditioner, because the bottle lasts me 5 to 6 months, so it's worth the $35.

I think I'm going to do this next year. My pixie grew out to my "goal length" all of two weeks ago, and I'm already bored with it. But I also remember how cold the pixie is in winter, so I think I'm going to try the Brazilian blowout, and then hack it off in the spring/early summer.

I think I'm going to do this next year. My pixie grew out to my "goal length" all of two weeks ago, and I'm already bored with it. But I also remember how cold the pixie is in winter, so I think I'm going to try the Brazilian blowout, and then hack it off in the spring/early summer.

It's like the ultimate deep conditioning... I love it because it doesn't straighten your hair, it seems to 'seal' it, mine is longish, & would normally take about 25 minutes to blow dry, with the BBO it takes a bit over 5... that's why I get it done... I don't have super frizzy or coarse hair, it's fine but there's a lot of it, I figure this is saving me about 120 hours a year... costs $200 each time... so worth it in time & effort for me.

My stylist charges between $350-$650 depending on the length of your hair

I actually paid the $350 since my hair was above my shoulders - when she got done my hair actually touches my shoulders!

It has really made a world of difference and to wake up everyday and LOVE how your hair looks - amazing feeling - one I've never had before:D

I was told to avoid sodium chloride in any hair products I use as the NaCl will break down the keratin treatment. This also a problem for me as our swimming pool uses salt instead of chlorine. I just try and keep my head above water and rinse it well after swimmimg.

The cost of the treatment depends on where you live. I pay $150 for hair that is just above my shoulders.

I was told to avoid sodium chloride in any hair products I use as the NaCl will break down the keratin treatment. This also a problem for me as our swimming pool uses salt instead of chlorine. I just try and keep my head above water and rinse it well after swimmimg.

The cost of the treatment depends on where you live. I pay $150 for hair that is just above my shoulders.

WOW that is an awesome deal!! I know in Jan we are going on a cruise - so salt water is bad for it?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I'm completely bored with my hair, even after a great haircut on Saturday.

I just tried straightening it (that's really rare for me), and I'm not sure I like it, but it's at least different.

When you get a BBO, does your hair move like straight hair, or does it move like curly hair that's been straightened? Right now, my hair has that sheet-like straightened hair thing going.

I definitely do not have time to go to the salon to get a proper BBO before the cruise (it's an hour away, each way, without traffic), and I'm not even sure I really want straight hair, so I was thinking I would just use the Organix 30 day.

How much will the salt water take out, and what does your hair look like at the end of it? I kind of like the idea of it changing every day, but not if it means starting smooth but having it all disappear the second day, and definitely not if it means my hair will be destroyed at the end of the week.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

The BBO won't make your hair stick straight (like the Japanese system), but will take out the tight curl and frizz. Most of all, it will make your hair silky smooth. If you color your hair before the BBO, your color will hold better. The treatment actually makes your hair healthier and stronger.

The only problem with it is that it's like crack...once you get it done, you'll dive into your kid's college savings, pawn your great-grandmother's wedding ring, or mortgage your home to get it done again!!

If nothing else, make sure you stay away from hair products that contain sodium laureate and use the BBO masque at least once a week

• 1 month later...

Ok I had this done on Friday. When she started blowdrying it I was amazed it wasn't a giant poofy cloud of hair! It was straight all weekend after she blew it out, and this morning was when I could wash it. I didn't straighten it because I wanted to see what my natural texture would do. It's not frizzy at all, it's soft and very manageable! I would like to see a little more of the natural curl I had (not super curly, but I had some.) I think with some "scrunching" I could get it back. BUT - not having the frizz is totally worth it!!! Mine was $150 - but I had cut, highlights too. So maybe that is an "add-on" price? I thought it was worth it, so far!

She told me to just put in a leave-in conditioner when I'm going in the ocean or pool (cruise is next week.) She didn't tell me about any BBO products, or tell me to stay away from certain shampoos. I have the Kirkland Brand shampoo that is sulfate free, I'll check for NaCl.

I love it and I hope it will be so much easier to deal with, especially in the Caribbean! Haven't had to straighten it myself yet, but I can tell it will be much, much easier.

Any recommendations for products that aren't the expensive BBO ones? Thanks!

I've been doing the at-home Keratin treatment (Organix brand) and I've been really happy with the lack of frizz too. The 48 hours without washing the gunk out, though, is tough!

Anyhow, L'Oreal makes a whole line of sulfate free shampoos and conditioners. They are about $6 each or a bit less at Walmart. I've been very happy with them and would definitely recommend them. Love the way they smell too!

Wow, reading this makes me wish I could find my hair miracle! I have what i like to call bipolar hair! It's flat and oily at the roots, frizzy and curly on the right side, and straight and flat on the left side. So I don't know what to do. lol It's halfway down my back but it's even crazier short so I keep it long. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to shampoo half my head with shampoo for body and the other half with smooth and sleek shampoo :eek:

Update:

I am loving my hair!

My normal hair pattern. Wash, put in product, air dry, flat iron any crazy frizzy parts. By end of day, it's frizzed out and I usually have it in a ponytail, but sometimes it keeps it's curl all day.

Day 2 - wake up with crazy hair! I have three options. Wash it again (normally don't) finger comb the tangles out, brush it out (and it frizzes, poofs out) or a ponytail.

Today I woke up and it's "Day 2" - I brushed it. Now, all my natural curl straightens out when I do that, but all I had to do was flat iron my bangs that wanted to go a little haywire. No frizz, poof, and it wasn't crazy medusa hair this morning.

I'll be finding those shampoos today because I definitely want this to last!

Archived