Vietnam visa update

newport dave

I am currently on the Millennium in SE Asia, so i thought I'd update everyone on the thorny subject of visas for Vietnam.

If you are staying overnight in Vietnam then you will need to get a form from guest services which you need to commplete and hand back in with a passport photo. You can get a photo done onboard. The cost for this is $50 which is added to your onboard account.

If you are going just on day trips, you don't need to anything as you are added to a group visa by the ship and are charged $35 for this service. Hope this helps.

I am currently on the Millennium in SE Asia, so i thought I'd update everyone on the thorny subject of visas for Vietnam.

If you are staying overnight in Vietnam then you will need to get a form from guest services which you need to commplete and hand back in with a passport photo. You can get a photo done onboard. The cost for this is $50 which is added to your onboard account.

If you are going just on day trips, you don't need to anything as you are added to a group visa by the ship and are charged $35 for this service. Hope this helps.

Is this group visa valid for privately booked tours? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your updates. There are a lot of us anxious to hear about your trip. We have a private overnight tour booked in HCMC so this has been a major concern. We go March 3rd.

The $50 visa is also valid for overnight private tours again according to guest relations.

Pardon a brief thread hijack, but how's it going on the Millie? Recent CC member reviews have been quite mixed.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Ship looks in good shape, food good in MDR, service can be a bit slow. In Rendez Vous lounge only to waiters serving entire lounge, so most of time it quicker to go to bar. Waiters at Sunset lounge are good and give generous measures. Am on free hotel WiFi in Bangkok so may not be able to reply again

According to guest relations it's valid for private day trips, has I"m on one.

The $50 visa is also valid for overnight private tours again according to guest relations.

Thank you so much for first hand information on the Vietnam visas. I will refer our roll call members to your thread.

We are doing two overnights in VN, HCMC and Hanoi. Can we use one $50 visa for both trips or do we need separate ones?

We're on the March 3 cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Howard

Both visas are valid for all the stops in Vietnam.

If you're on day trips all you need to take off the ship is your cruisecard and Vietnam landing card(delivered to your room preprinted with your details). For people on overnights you also need to take your passport with you.

Vietnam immigration very fast and efficient. Thailand immigration a disaster, ended up getting off ship hour and half late, meaning we lost about two hours in Bangkok due to extra traffic.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now get home and write a trip report....

I haven't been this excited about a cruise in a long time.

We have an extensive review with loads of pictures that you can see now at www.thepreismans.com We did private tours in all ports, and have included contact information in the review. Enjoy.

We have an extensive review with loads of pictures that you can see now at www.thepreismans.com We did private tours in all ports, and have included contact information in the review. Enjoy.

Oh, I found your site a long time ago and it helped quite a bit. I have read most of your reviews and enjoyed each one. Thank you very much for the info! I actually put a link to your Asia review on our roll call way back at the beginning.

Oh, I found your site a long time ago and it helped quite a bit. I have read most of your reviews and enjoyed each one. Thank you very much for the info! I actually put a link to your Asia review on our roll call way back at the beginning.

Great, glad to have been a help.

Ship looks in good shape, food good in MDR, service can be a bit slow. In Rendez Vous lounge only to waiters serving entire lounge, so most of time it quicker to go to bar. Waiters at Sunset lounge are good and give generous measures. Am on free hotel WiFi in Bangkok so may not be able to reply again

Thank you for your information regarding the visa. :)

In reference to the above comments, how long did it actually take to complete dinner service? How many formal nights were there on this cruise and what nights were they on?

Thanks and I eagerly await any review you write! :D

Viewed your website and this is off topic to this discussion but I was wondering what your thoughts and opinions are of Globus Tours. I saw they were quite helpful to you in Greece and Italy. Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

I guess I'm now confused. Do we need to bring passport photos or will they be taken on the ship? Does the $50 fee include taking passport photos on the ship or are the photos extra?

We're on the 2/3 sailing and have time to get pictures at home if need be.

Pardon my English comprehension. When you bring your passport photos, I don't think you would save the $50 visa fee.

You know I was wondering the samequestion.

Seems to me, to pop into a Walgreen have photos taken for under $10.00, and, be done with that chore on the ship. I am thinking LINES on the ship.

I have dealt with those before and, I avoid them when possible, and, this sounds like a perfect chance to avoid that line...don't ya think?

Archived