It does not matter what you are wearing...

Porthopper101

I think what you wear does matter whether it's "elegant night" or otherwise. It has been my experience that my wife and I always receive better customer service when we are nicely dressed rather than just a T-shirt and jeans. It's unfortuate but true!

Pleasant journey on your world cruise. It sounds very exciting! Don't forget to pack your camera, batteries, etc. Take loads of pictures and please post a review when you return. I would love to read all about it and see pictures of wonderful places you will experience on your cruise.

Happy Sailing!

Thank you JimAOk. We are very excited about this cruise. You see, in our eyes, friends, and family we are husband and wife. In the eyes of the law we are not. After twelve years together we decieded to get married. We are getting married on the ship on March 27.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Marie

Hi C,

You are too kind :). How are you feeling today? Say Hello to G. I will call you sometime on Thursday.

MLTY.

M

The truth, nothing but the truth.:)

Feeling pretty good.

I read the schedules wrong, we CAN get a direct train.:):):)

MLTY

C

Marie,

I only "know" you from enjoying the posts of your beautiful dresses (I will be looking forward to your cruise right along with you).

I wish you the very best on your upcoming marriage and will be sure to do a toast to your continued happiness on March 27.

Mary-Ellen in NH

Hi Bev,

Hope all is well with you. Yes, we are taking the train to New York. We are planing to be at the Time Square for the New Year Eve :).

I grew up on a five acres vinyard out side Lyon. My husband always say I grew up on a raisin farm :D. When I was young, we always took the train to Holland to see the tuplips.

Take care and have a wonderful Holiday.

M

Ah, we love France so much, Marie. We have been a few times in the last few years. Other than wonderful Paris, my man's favourite area is the area around Sancerre and that upper region of Burgundy. I fell in love with Brittany last year, and we both adore Bordeaux. Nothing quite like settling back in your comfortable seat on a TGV train, getting the baguette out of your carrier bag and opening a bottle of wine and then sitting back and enjoying the scenery. I'm sure your train trip will be wonderful.

Have a lovely Christmas and stay safe. :)

Cheers .. Bev

Thank you JimAOk. We are very excited about this cruise. You see, in our eyes, friends, and family we are husband and wife. In the eyes of the law we are not. After twelve years together we decieded to get married. We are getting married on the ship on March 27.

Marie

Dear Marie,

Enjoy your train trip and have a wonderful cruise, I am so looking forward to seeing all your photos on your return.

Best wishes to you both for your wedding and may it be a beautiful day and you will look stunning in the dress you bought for the occasion.

Safe journey and safe return, have a fantastic Christmas and a great New Year and a fantastic holiday.

Love from

Doreen & Rochelle xx

Only 62 days until our cruise, not that I'm counting .

Marie, I also think all your dresses are stunning, thank you for sharing your photos

And I personally love to see how beautifully presented you look, I really appreciate seeing people who have made an effort to go all out.

Happy cruising :D

Marie

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage ceremony. I'm sure it will be very memorable having it on the ship.

After twelve years together we decieded to get married. We are getting married on the ship on March 27.

Marie

Congratulations and hopes that wherever the ship is on your special day you have beautiful skies, light winds and sunlight matching your smiles!

I lurk and admire your beautiful clothing but will never be slender again.

Thank you for making so many lucky ladies on CC happy with your gowns!

It's all about the attitude and how you personally present yourself and not the outfit, if dressing up improves your self confidence it could subconsciously be changing the level of service you receive and you might not realize it.

I'm glad to hear that you received such gracious service at a time when you were unwell. It obviously turned your day around.

I agree that self confidence and attitude are vitally important regardless of the circumstances or situation you may find yourself in. The behavior of some people may actually improve with a change of clothes.

Personally, my bearing and conduct is the same regardless of what I wear whether it's fatigues and boots, dress uniform, sweats, jeans, three piece suit or tux. I don't think "clothes make the man."

When a woman puts on something that she knows is extremely flattering, her eyes sparkle and she walks with a spring in her step. It is that sparkle and joy that others admire, far more than the outfit. Self confidence is attractive, especially if it is also accompanied by good manners and respect for others.

Men may be a little different, but don't you love the gleam in your partner's eyes when they see you in that tux?

I have to disagree with that. Or I have to question... if I could have received better customer service by dressing up what in the world could they have done more besides give away their services or items to me?? It's all about the attitude and how you personally present yourself and not the outfit, if dressing up improves your self confidence it could subconsciously be changing the level of service you receive and you might not realize it. Last night I was having a bad pain day but the average person would not be able to tell that by looking at me as it doesn't present itself in a way that is very visible. We went out for dinner, both of us were just in jeans and my hair was pulled back in a ponytail completely limp and I had no makeup on. This was our first time eating there and there were clearly many regulars in the place. We were seated next to 2 other tables that were far more dressed up (one was in a suit)... and yet I witnessed the same level of service from the manager and servers to both groups. In fact he comped our entire meal (which is more than we expected and didn't ask for) due to a few complications (server kept mixing up tables, brought the wrong order/drinks, etc) and we had a fairly detailed conversation about the food (where it's sourced from, how it's made etc). So I ask what more could they possibly have done for us had we been dressed differently?

From what I've read from airline personnel, they stated that when picking out someone to be upgraded to business or first class, they do go for the better dressed passenger because they look more like they "belong" there.

I'm a firm believer in dressing appropriately for the event and place. It honors those around you that you made an effort. Just showing up isn't always enough, IMO

Some stores do check out customers & offer better service to someone who is dressed well & then they are surprised when their credit card is denied . Meanwhile an average looking person comes in and plunks down cash. You can not judge a book by a cover .

I learned a long time ago not to assume anything of people because of the way they are dressed.

We all categorize people, that comes naturally. You see a biker or a hippie and you just know what they are (not personality, their style). You automatically know that (most of the time) a person is a teenager or middle aged.

I've even been wrong about children in the store in the past. I once had 2 boys who were going through all the small Vera Bradley accessory pieces and I worried a bit, so I wanted to keep my eye on them. Instead of just watching from a distance I struck up a conversation with them. They were 2 of the brightest boys I've ever met. They were here in the US from (I think it was Korea) perfecting their English and had been in the US for 3 months living with a sponsor. They were looking for gifts for Mom, Grandma and sisters and ended up buying a whole lot of stuff from me, all paid for in cash. I've wondered if I had been mean (lots of people are mean to kids) or acted suspicious of them, if they would have walked out with nothing.

You have to take each person as they come. 99% of people are nice. Too bad we remember the 1% longer.

Archived