Drinks Package

fas64

Hi, I am looking for some info from anyone who has bought the alcohol drinks package on board a recent cruise.

I am sure the prices quoted includes the 15% Tip?

If you buy it while still in the port do you have to pay the sales tax?

How does the card work, do you scan it or is it just a sticker like the soda package?

Can i buy the $45 beer package and my wife buy the $55 full package?

Do you have a limit per day?

Thanks

Hi, I am looking for some info from anyone who has bought the alcohol drinks package on board a recent cruise.

We didn't buy it but when we inquired, we were told that the $55 per day included the tip.

this looks like a bad deal considering you get kicked off the boat early AM and usually only get a half day on the ship for your first, so paying that much for just 5 1/2 days seems like a lot, considering most ships have three island days. Also now that you can bring "two" bottles of wine with you its really bad.

Just my thoughts.

this looks like a bad deal considering you get kicked off the boat early AM and usually only get a half day on the ship for your first, so paying that much for just 5 1/2 days seems like a lot, considering most ships have three island days. Also now that you can bring "two" bottles of wine with you its really bad.

Just my thoughts.

While I agree it is a bad value for most of us, if you are talking about a "7 Night" cruise it is actually 6 full days plus whatever portion of the embarkation day you spend aboard.

If you buy it while still in the port do you have to pay the sales tax?

How does the card work, do you scan it or is it just a sticker like the soda package?

Can i buy the $45 beer package and my wife buy the $55 full package?

Do you have a limit per day?

Thanks

The $55 includes the 15% tip -- we paid $770. I don't believe that there was a port charge at all. The card has a sticker, they still have to run the card and get you a receipt that says 0.00 total so they keep track of sales. They dont always do that. They also sometimes charge you so I had watch your bill closely. There are no drink limits but some bar staff still have not been trained and don't know what's covered and what's not covered.

The $55 includes the 15% tip -- we paid $770. I don't believe that there was a port charge at all. The card has a sticker, they still have to run the card and get you a receipt that says 0.00 total so they keep track of sales. They dont always do that. They also sometimes charge you so I had watch your bill closely. There are no drink limits but some bar staff still have not been trained and don't know what's covered and what's not covered.

Thanks very much for the reply, I am planning on trying this on the Freedom on January. Thanks again for the help.

Michael

Archived