Check your latitude points carefully....

monicajay

About 3 months ago I noticed I had not received the double latitude points for booking our March 2012 cruise on the Star more than 9 months in advance. I wrote them an e-mail as soon as I noticed. Today, at least 3 months later, they sent me an e-mail saying I made a change to the file at final payment date so it is no longer eligible.

I did not change cabins, I did not change ships, I did not change dates, I did not change file numbers. I did not use a TA.

My reservation was made using a discount code for AARP. It offered 5% off by booking 9 months in advance. I entered the number as requested and received my e-mail confirming the rate with discount. About a week later I received a new invoice without the discount. Seems they couldn't match up the membership number. I called, I faxed the card, they put the discount back.

Comes time for final payment, you guessed, discount is gone. After lots of 'discussion' it was re-instated. Lots of people worked on my file. Fixing a clerical error at final payment should not be considered a change to a reservation.

I know where the problem comes from and that is that my DH's Passport has his legal name 'Randolph' therefore rez is in that name, but all other docs (including AARP membership) and daily use is Randy. Same last name. Not really rocket science.

I have written back and am trusting they can figure out how to fix this.

So, my warning is, make sure you check your points after each and every cruise.

Thanks for posting. Hopefully all will be fixed for you. Good advice.

I agree...:) The NCL website and Lattitudes info...seem to have lots of problems....we all need to keep monitoring our info !

I agree...:) The NCL website and Lattitudes info...seem to have lots of problems....we all need to keep monitoring our info !

Amen, I have sent an e-mail to lattitudes 2 weeks ago and still no reply. I also sent on last week to Mr. Sheehan. Hopefull I will hear something soon. :(

Amen, I have sent an e-mail to lattitudes 2 weeks ago and still no reply. I also sent on last week to Mr. Sheehan. Hopefull I will hear something soon. :(

Well since my response took almost 3 months I don't expect you'll hear too soon.

Maybe I need to write Mr Sheehan too.

My Latitudes points have posted correctly the day after each cruise I've taken with NCL. (Three this year!) I guess I've been lucky! I just graduated to Gold, and with two more cruises I will be the coveted Platinum!!

I'll get my first fruit basket on September 20 in Venice. Can't wait! :D

So you didn't get a reply after one week and then decided to email Kevin Sheehan?

Archived