CB Princess Maitre D - Anytime Dining Question

TaylorMace

We are traveling on CB - February 9th (4 of us). Last Cruise we had a great first dinner and loved our waiter and table location. We took turns calling at 8am every morning to make an Anytime Dining reservation for the evening at a table near the window with the Waiter that we liked. From reading other Posts, I understand the rules of when a reservation can be made is up to the Head Maitre D. Some allow reservations for the entire week, some the morning of and some not at all. So - on to the question.

Has anyone had a recent experience with the current Maitre D on CB? When can reservations be made? Is there a way to know if he will still be the Maitre D in February?

Any suggestions are appreciated. It was kind of fun joking each other about who had to get up to call for reservations, but it would be nice if we could avoid that all together.

Ask the Head Maitre'd in the dining room first night to make you a reservation or call the next morning to schedule for the week. The worst that can happen is they tell you to call every morning.

Or say they do not take reservations at all

Last cruise on the Diamond I enquired about reservations in anytime dining. Initially the response was yes but it had to be done daily. I was ok with that. Once I gave my cabin number and it was determined we were in a suite I was given a standing reservation for the 19 days onboard. It differs by ship as we were not given this option a year later on the Golden to Hawaii staying in the same suite.

I'm a (usually) very satisfied customer of Princess, but I have to weigh in on the Maitre'ds - whom often provide us with the most entertaining humor of the cruise, albeit unintentional.

I can appreciate that Princess still wishes to retain some vestige of a fine dining experience onboard even if their Maitre'd have become, in many cases, parodies of their position.

There's the sniffy ones, the haughty, the self-important, and the authoritarians. Once in awhile we actually run into a human one!

Guys, this isn't the Paris Ritz in 1910. Please seat us, with preference to our request - be it to the same table/waiters, table for two, or table for twenty - with courtesy and aplomb. Save the sniffling, the eye rolling, and the icy ignoring for the Ratatouille remake and I'll put in a good word for you.

I'm a (usually) very satisfied customer of Princess, but I have to weigh in on the Maitre'ds - whom often provide us with the most entertaining humor of the cruise, albeit unintentional.

I can appreciate that Princess still wishes to retain some vestige of a fine dining experience onboard even if their Maitre'd have become, in many cases, parodies of their position.

There's the sniffy ones, the haughty, the self-important, and the authoritarians. Once in awhile we actually run into a human one!

Guys, this isn't the Paris Ritz in 1910. Please seat us, with preference to our request - be it to the same table/waiters, table for two, or table for twenty - with courtesy and aplomb. Save the sniffling, the eye rolling, and the icy ignoring for the Ratatouille remake and I'll put in a good word for you.

Please do not confuse the Matre d' with the person who guards the dining room entrance and rolls the eyes.

It's also important to note that while each MD may have a preferred policy, they do adjust to conditions on the ground. An MD who allows standing reservations on one cruise may not allow as many on the next because more people may have signed up for anytime for example.

Archived