first drink, first day, 50th birthday?

Hmmm...I am all packed, so now my mind is wandering to my embarkation day Sunday on the Mariner.

The day I board I am turning the "big 5-0"...yikes!! :eek:

So taking suggestions on what I should order to celebrate? One of my travel ship mates has already made a great suggestion for Miami Vice, (thank you SherriZ! :) ). Someone also suggested Mango Tangos. I have never tried any of them....

Any ideas?

I think my mind has already boarded the ship and left my body behind at the house tapping on this computer!! :eek:

I am not excited, am I?

Cheers!!

My recommendation is a Long Island Ice Tea for the Island Lady. Its equal parts of rum, vodka, gin, tequila, triple sec with sweet n sour and a dash of coke. It will get the party started for you and make it seem like there are twice the people on board as you begin to see double. Just kidding. They are good though.

My recommendation is a Long Island Ice Tea for the Island Lady. Its equal parts of rum, vodka, gin, tequila, triple sec with sweet n sour and a dash of coke. It will get the party started for you and make it seem like there are twice the people on board as you begin to see double. Just kidding. They are good though.

Thanks, that does sound great. I have indeed tried them before, and they do tend to sneak up and grab you!! Yee-haa!! :D

Cheers!

Hey Island Lady. I turn 50 in July, but our cruise isn't until September. Drink something tall and cold. Have fun.

:D

Thanks rebel55!! Ahh...now I know where your nick name comes from!! :D

Such a good year!!

Cheers!

Hi Island Lady,

Last year, for my first cruise, we boarded on my 50th birthday, June 7th. The drink of the day was a Bahama Mama, which happens to be one of the few foo-foos I really like. Of course, I grabbed one immediately, which surprised my teen son, because I rarely drink more than a glass of wine every once in awhile. I must say, it was nice to start out with a nice little buzz. :D So, my suggestion to you is to immediately grab the drink of the day and then keep celebrating with champagne for the rest of the cruise (or at least for the rest of that day)!:)

Many more happy birthdays, fellow Gemini, and I hope you have a wonderful, memorable cruise!

Laurie

Hi Island Lady,

Last year, for my first cruise, we boarded on my 50th birthday, June 7th. The drink of the day was a Bahama Mama, which happens to be one of the few foo-foos I really like. Of course, I grabbed one immediately, which surprised my teen son, because I rarely drink more than a glass of wine every once in awhile. I must say, it was nice to start out with a nice little buzz. :D So, my suggestion to you is to immediately grab the drink of the day and then keep celebrating with champagne for the rest of the cruise (or at least for the rest of that day)!:)

Many more happy birthdays, fellow Gemini, and I hope you have a wonderful, memorable cruise!

Laurie

Thanks, Laurie!! :D

Wow, what a small world! My sister is cruising with us this Sunday, and her name is Laurie.

You and I are just two days apart ( Happy birthday to you too!! :D ), and both picked the Mariner for our celebration, which was embarkation day! Great minds, (and Geminis!) think alike!!

Thanks for the suggestion of the "drink of the day"! I am usually not a foo foo drinker either, but am looking forward to some experimenting.

And yes, the champagne for sailaway will be my real birthday toast!

Cheers!

I highly suggest, for an "unbelievable" prize, you offer to be the team leader in Quest...;) if they have it onboard....

Uh-oh....I have heard some strange and interesting things about this "quest"!

I think it is indeed something myself, the DH and the DS (as in sister), will probably have to check out!!

Thanks!

Cheers!

Island Lady- have a powerful drink or a "Coco Loco' and be a Quest leader. I was with 3 of my CC group on the VOyager last year and we won!!!!!(See my signature). Of course, all that hard work andall we got were 50's night t-shirts. I prefer the cheaper key chains ;)

Happy 50th B'Day. My 50th is still 15 mos away - hope my DH takes me on a cruise to celebrate.

Don't miss Quest - it'll be one of the highlights of your cruise - guaranteed.:D

Thanks, I am looking forward to it. Sounds hilarious!!

Cheers!

Island Lady- have a powerful drink or a "Coco Loco' and be a Quest leader. I was with 3 of my CC group on the VOyager last year and we won!!!!!(See my signature). Of course, all that hard work andall we got were 50's night t-shirts. I prefer the cheaper key chains ;)

Thanks, sealegs9!! From all the posts on this quest thing, I am most definately looking forward to it. Sounds like fun! :)

Coco Loco...mmmm...that sounds pretty yummy too!

Cheers!

Island Lady You can never go wrong with a margarita on the rocks, no salt please! Tell Sherri Z that Jill says Hi...Have a wonderful cruise and happy 50th:cool:

Thanks, jillybabes! I will pass along the hail to SherriZ! Make mine with salt on that rita!!

Cheers!

Hmmm...I am all packed, so now my mind is wandering to my embarkation day Sunday on the Mariner.

So taking suggestions on what I should order to celebrate? One of my travel ship mates has already made a great suggestion for Miami Vice, (thank you SherriZ! :) ). Someone also suggested Mango Tangos. I have never tried any of them....

Any ideas?

I think my mind has already boarded the ship and left my body behind at the house tapping on this computer!! :eek:

I am not excited, am I?

Cheers!!

Lucky you I spent my big 50 in a hurricane last year on land.

TJ

Just wanted to stop in and wish you a great cruise!!! Only a week later and we will be on it!!! Yipee

Happy B DAY!!!! What a great B day present!!!

Thanks ruttie!! :)

I did not know you were boarding when I return! I will try to bring it all back in one piece for you!! ;)

Cheers!

Lucky you I spent my big 50 in a hurricane last year on land.

TJ

Ouch...those things wrecked my land based vacation last September on the Florida West coast last year too. Sorry about your 50th....how about a big celebration for the big "Five-one"!! :D

Cheers!

Any ideas?

I am not excited, am I?

Cheers!!

My suggestion--extra large frozen Pina Colada using 151 proof rum--that should set the cruise up nicely!

Archived