No duplicate bridge on celebrity cruises

triplecbb

Do you agree that celebrity should provide bridge duplicate on their cruises?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree that celebrity should provide bridge duplicate on their cruises?

• Yes
    • No

Okay, but I know a lot of people, and the only person I've ever known to play bridge regularly was my grandmother, and she's been deceased for over twenty years.

And I live in Brooklyn. If young people were playing it ironically, I would know.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I learned when I was 24 and have been playing ever since; now I'm 70, so I presume you wouldn't call me young any more.

Not sure how a person plays ironically. There are some hotshot young players but perhaps those are the only young ones who play. Did Celebrity say they don't want old cruisers?

I learned when I was 24 and have been playing ever since; now I'm 70, so I presume you wouldn't call me young any more.

Not sure how a person plays ironically. There are some hotshot young players but perhaps those are the only young ones who play. Did Celebrity say they don't want old cruisers?

The irony comment was a joke on the stereotype (or is it a stereotype if it's true?) about the Brooklyn hipsters who are my neighbors.

I think it's awesome if bridge is an activity you enjoy whether 17 or 70. But if high stakes bridge is something that only appeals to a small subset of the pax, I don't know if it's reasonable to expect X to cater to them. I get why it would be good to have on a TA or TP when there are long stretches of sea days.

There are several cruise lines that offer "bridge cruises" such as Silverseas and Oceania as well as Crystal. They are just regular itineraries with organized play on sea days. It was really a great cruise since the Panama Canal cruise was not port intensive so we had a sea day almost every other day.

The irony comment was a joke on the stereotype (or is it a stereotype if it's true?) about the Brooklyn hipsters who are my neighbors.

I think it's awesome if bridge is an activity you enjoy whether 17 or 70. But if high stakes bridge is something that only appeals to a small subset of the pax, I don't know if it's reasonable to expect X to cater to them. I get why it would be good to have on a TA or TP when there are long stretches of sea days.

People who play bridge on a cruise ship are rarely playing high stakes bridge. And people who make the most money from playing bridge aren't playing for $X/point; they are getting paid to partner and be on teams with players who pay the big bucks to the pros. Presumably the client is learning, as well as winning.