London Flights

roothy123

I'm looking for someone who has taken Oceania's "free air" from the Washington DC or Baltimore area to London. Icelandair flies from Dulles to London, so I'm wondering if that will be the airline we fly. It's what we flew this year to the Baltic.

Also, I have a related question: I received our first documents from Oceania (after making a deposit) for our July cruise, and under "Air Arrangements" it lists our embarkation date for the date of flying to London. Most flights to Europe go out the night before. Can I assume that, early on, Oceania simply uses the embarkation date for the flight date, and that it is likely that my flight(s) will be the night before?

I will call my TA tomorrow on the date issue I raised above. I also want to ask about air deviations, and Oceania referred me to the TA for that.

In the mean time, I was hoping to bump up my post in hopes of finding someone who is willing to venture a guess as to what airlines Oceania uses for its "free" air from the Washington DC/Baltimore area to London. If nobody knows about DC, I'd appreciate any general information on whether flights to London are likely to be non-stop or one-stop flights from those cities which have non-stop flights. Also, for major European cities that have a lot of non-stops from the U.S., is Oceania generally able to book people on the non-stops or will there be connections?

I will call my TA tomorrow on the date issue I raised above. I also want to ask about air deviations, and Oceania referred me to the TA for that.

In the mean time, I was hoping to bump up my post in hopes of finding someone who is willing to venture a guess as to what airlines Oceania uses for its "free" air from the Washington DC/Baltimore area to London. If nobody knows about DC, I'd appreciate any general information on whether flights to London are likely to be non-stop or one-stop flights from those cities which have non-stop flights. Also, for major European cities that have a lot of non-stops from the U.S., is Oceania generally able to book people on the non-stops or will there be connections?

Beginnng the deviation process answers all that. Oceana will propose flights for you to evaluate, and you will then know specifically what they are best able to do. You can accept their proposal (which will trigger the non-refundable deviaton fee), suggest one of your own, ask them for a different proposal, or refuse it altogether. Only accepting a proposal will impose the fee.

Why guess?

Roothy,

I have seen this question come up every so often. We all want extra info from each other's experience to help make our decisions easier. Unfortunately Oceania seems to have contracts with many airlines. You are left guessing unless you take air deviation.

We have done it both ways with Oceania.

Oceania booked our flight Omaha to Newark, then Newark direct to LHR.

I know of cruisers who choose Oceania air and were booked on just about any airline you can think of (United, Delta, American, SAS, Air France, Luft., BA etc.) With so may airlines code shares in force it is hard to tell who you are flying with:rolleyes:

On one trip we flew to Europe on Delta and returned on United.

I think deviation is worth the extra price to choose the flight times and layovers you are most comfortable with. I have also found the price allowance included in the cruise price to cover the routing we desire.

Good luck.

Thank you, Don and dundeene, and by the way dundeene, I went to Creighton U. in Omaha, as did my father.

I guess you guys are right - it's just too difficult to guess what you'll get! I will add Icelandair to the list of airlines that Oceania used this year. That's what we got to go from Washington DC Dulles to Copenhagen and to return from Stockholm in August. Icelandair flies to London, too, which is one reason I was wondering about flights from DC. While a connection through Iceland wouldn't be awful, it WOULD add time to the trip, and with several airlines flying non-stop, I'd rather not do Icelandair again.

I'm happy to hear that the deviation process allows a good amount of choice.

Thank you, Don and dundeene, and by the way dundeene, I went to Creighton U. in Omaha, as did my father.

I guess you guys are right - it's just too difficult to guess what you'll get! I will add Icelandair to the list of airlines that Oceania used this year. That's what we got to go from Washington DC Dulles to Copenhagen and to return from Stockholm in August. Icelandair flies to London, too, which is one reason I was wondering about flights from DC. While a connection through Iceland wouldn't be awful, it WOULD add time to the trip, and with several airlines flying non-stop, I'd rather not do Icelandair again.

I'm happy to hear that the deviation process allows a good amount of choice.

As you say guessing is impossible. No guarantees that you will have a direct flight from DC -- they could route you via EWR/JFK or even ATL??

Last time we used them to go to RIO from MIA they routed us via ATL on DL rather than a direct from MIA.

Archived