Epic Large Balcony

mhood

Yes, our first time on the Epic, we were in what they now call a large balcony cabin (when she first started sailing, it was considered and categorized as just one of the other balcony categories). The balcony will be larger mainly because it's on the hump and protrudes out diagonally. The interior of the cabin will be identical to all of the other balcony cabins on the ship.

We booked a Large balcony cabin last week on Norweigan Epic for a November 16th,2013 sailing. Orginally we booked 10013. After reading on this forum and looking at some pictures, we realized that this cabin is a "hull" or cove balcony. Not what we wanted. We wanted to be able to sit on our balcony and look out at the ocean, not a steel wall. We called our rep and we moved to 10079, which is on the edge of the jut out in the middle of the ship. I was really greatful for the information provided on this forum as this is our first cruise and we would not have been happy with the cove balcony. Nice upgrade now however, because we paid the price of a basic balcony cabin.:)

We're in one of these cabins, too. Are there any disadvantages? (Probably too late to worry about it now. LOL )

If you are in one with the balcony at an angle due to the bump, No I don't think there are any disadvantages. DH & I had 14107 when we were on the Epic. It was great.:D

Edited by debnjoe1438

• 1 year later...

The angled balconies on Epic are definitely larger than the regular balconies. Believe they are Category B6. They are also larger than the angled balconies on Breakaway/Getaway. We had cabin 11192 on Epic and loved it.

We have 11071 on the EPIC this Fall, which I believe is one of the "angled" balconies.

The balcony doesn't look much larger in the diagram. I was just relieved that they didn't get the extra balcony space from the room!

More space is always better! :)

We were in cabin 12092 last November and it was wonderful. I did some quick measuring (with my feet) and our balcony measured to be approximately 1.5 times the size of a standard balcony cabin. It was super nice. It was large enough we had two loungers, one regular deck (non recliner) chair and two small deck tables on our deck and we still had ample room to get around. Before anybody complains about us being chair hogs, they were all there when we boarded. Our cabin was the first one on the backside of the bump where it starts to narrow back in to the regular ship width. The rooms that are the last of the cabins at the start of the bump or like mine, the first at the end of the bump, have the largest deck space of all the large balcony cabins. If a large balcony space is important to you, one these cabins are for you. A quick look at the deck plans will paint a good picture of what I was trying to describe.

On a side note of interest, my DM and friend were in the cabin (13052) directly above ours and also had a large balcony but was in the B4 Family Balcony category. The large balcony category seem to sell very quickly as you can well imagine why. But if anyone wants a large balcony cabin there are two higher deck, 13 and 14 that have family balcony cabins that are ussually still available after the large balcony category is sold out.

I stayed in room 11169. I had a really big balcony. I even asked for a launch chair.

The only negative about this room was, that the housekeeping room was opposite of my room. So I could hear them all the time. But that could happen with other rooms too…

lb.jpg.3e73d27d337f44251f6b4ed433d54b09.jpg

I had 11096 and we had 2 full loungers and 2 chairs that relax back and 2 little tables and still fitted 3 of us on the balcony comfortably, loved it, Definatly worth the extra money if you like to spend time on the balcony😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We have 13052 booked on our next cruise in a couple months and are hoping this balcony has the 2 lounge chairs like others have mentioned! That would be really nice. Does any one have anymore pictures of the extended balcony? When I go I'll be sure to get pictures and post them here :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We upgraded to 11099 which seems to have more room on the balcony because it is on the hump. Hope it is good otherwise.

That was the room that we had! It was great and the large balcony was very nice to have.

• 3 weeks later...
Going on the Epic in 4 days. June 22. Travel agent recommended hub balcony and put me in 13150. Same size cabin, bigger balcony.

Has any one stayed in cabin 13150 Norwegian Epic, wondering if there is any noise heard from the gym above?

Thanks

In January, my parents were in 14034. This is considered a B4 Family Balcony, not a large balcony -- but it definitely a larger balcony. They had two lounge chairs on their balcony and more furniture could have fit out there.

This room was great -- very close to the elevators. The only issue was that the bed was by the door. If we sail the Epic again, I'm hoping to get them in 14049 -- the same cabin on the starboard side of the ship. This cabin has the bed by the balcony.

My mom did hear some noise above one night from the buffet, but it did not keep her awake.

I am not an experienced cruiser, but this is a large ship -- try to get as close to the elevators as possible.

Has any one stayed in cabin 13150 Norwegian Epic, wondering if there is any noise heard from the gym above?

Thanks

That cabin is great. I was just there. On the corner in the middle of the hallway. Great view, huge balcony. No noise from the gym was heard, no noise from anything actually was heard.

I had a problem with the door. It would not lock, took them 12 hours to fix it. Cabin steward said not to worry, he would keep an eye out and there was a security cam just outside our door. Everything went ok.

Doorknob to balcony is loose, didnt bother me.

Normal wear and tear besides that.

I posted a review 4 - 5 days ago but it hasnt appeared yet, maybe I was stopped by the censor??

• 1 year later...
We were in cabin 12092 last November and it was wonderful. I did some quick measuring (with my feet) and our balcony measured to be approximately 1.5 times the size of a standard balcony cabin. It was super nice. It was large enough we had two loungers, one regular deck (non recliner) chair and two small deck tables on our deck and we still had ample room to get around. Before anybody complains about us being chair hogs, they were all there when we boarded. Our cabin was the first one on the backside of the bump where it starts to narrow back in to the regular ship width. The rooms that are the last of the cabins at the start of the bump or like mine, the first at the end of the bump, have the largest deck space of all the large balcony cabins. If a large balcony space is important to you, one these cabins are for you. A quick look at the deck plans will paint a good picture of what I was trying to describe.

On a side note of interest, my DM and friend were in the cabin (13052) directly above ours and also had a large balcony but was in the B4 Family Balcony category. The large balcony category seem to sell very quickly as you can well imagine why. But if anyone wants a large balcony cabin there are two higher deck, 13 and 14 that have family balcony cabins that are ussually still available after the large balcony category is sold out.

hi dear,

we are planning to book 13052 on epic. was wondering if you could help me with some question?

1. is the bed next to the balcony or next to the entrance?

2.is the balcony with a see through divider or a sheer wall?

3.is there any noise factor in this room on account of being directly under the kids play area?

thank you in advance

We have 13052 booked on our next cruise in a couple months and are hoping this balcony has the 2 lounge chairs like others have mentioned! That would be really nice. Does any one have anymore pictures of the extended balcony? When I go I'll be sure to get pictures and post them here :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

hi dear,

we are planning to book 13052 on epic. was wondering if you could help me with some question?

1. is the bed next to the balcony or next to the entrance?

2.is the balcony with a see through divider or a sheer wall?

3.is there any noise factor in this room on account of being directly under the kids play area?

thank you in advance

Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

• 7 months later...