weather

poofersgrl

we are sailing on the pearl in January 6 and flying to FLL Jan 4. I am getting a bit concerned with the weather as they are calling for snow on the day we fly out (Philly). Is this something I should worry about? Would we be able to still make the cruise on the 6th? Hopefully we won't have any issues. How does a rebooking on a flight work? Thanks

Kelly

we are sailing on the pearl in January 6 and flying to FLL Jan 4. I am getting a bit concerned with the weather as they are calling for snow on the day we fly out (Philly). Is this something I should worry about? Would we be able to still make the cruise on the 6th? Hopefully we won't have any issues. How does a rebooking on a flight work? Thanks

Kelly

Thanx for the heads up, I shall start stocking up for this.;)

For those of you not from Philly, the Russians could nuke the entirety of Europe and Africa, but ....... THE BIG STORY .... IS IT MIGHT SNOW!:eek:

First, if I could get a bet on this, I would lay odds there will be no snow.

Second, if it does snow that day, flights will get out. And you have given yourself 2 days, which is wise.

As for how they rebook, if your flight gets cancelled, every attempt will be made to get you on the next one out. Sometimes, they will even set you up with another airline.

Bottom line, you will get to Florida in plenty of time for your cruise.

Kelly

Kelly, I just wanted to add you have done the smart thing by flying January 4. No you can't guarantee what the weather will be like but regardless of time of year I always recommend flying a day or more (more is better) before your cruise because if you fly the day of the cruise a flight cancellation or a delay could cause you to impact the cruise.

I wish you a wonderful cruise.

Happy Holidays.

Keith

Philadelphia is now the hun for US Airways -- plus many other airlines fly out of there. You have tons of flights out of your airport everyday and would not have any problems being put on another flight.

Come to Pittsburgh where we have very few flights to anywhere on any air line. Then you should worry if your original flight were to be cancelled -- and it has happened to us.

Even with bad weather in Philly you should still be able to make a cruise on the 6th with no problem. The potential for snow is exactly why it's recommended that you don't fly the day of your cruise.

Don't worry about rebooking until you are at least looking at less than a 5 day forecast.

If the forecast should be for a "major" storm on the 4th, if there are seats available on an earlier flight, (like the day before) and that would work for you, it's very possible ( in fact likely) the airline would put you on an earlier flight. Seems most airlines would rather do that and have those many less people to shuffle around after the fact. It has happened to us more than once but we were not as concerned as we were not going on a cruise.

Archived