Miami Port hotels...anyone stay @ any lately?

stacyinpa

Booked The Palms for $130/night with an oceanview king bed online with the hotel. This is also a 4.5 star property right on the beach. There are deals out there you just need to look a bit for them.

I stayed there once, never again. Rude staff, ridiculously small bathrooms, musty hallways. The $10 martinis weren't bad though ;) . This hotel will get you in the mood for your cruise, when you order from the bar or eat in their restaurant they automatically add the gratuity. (beers poolside were $7.50 + gratuity)

This property looks glamorous and luxurious on their web site, NOT! I got stuck with this 3* property bidding on Priceline for $69.00 a night. Never again.:mad:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks:)

Trent, question for you If I may. I normally sail out of FLL but will be departing

from Miami in Feb. I reserved a room on the ChoiceHotels website for the

Clarion Hotel and Suites near Bayside.

The room was 20 bucks less than the Holiday Inn. I normally trust the Choice

Hotels for a budget/moderate pricing type. The room was only 80.00:)

Have you seen it? Any information would be appreciated. It is only for

night.

Hello Stacy

My family will be staying in the Marriott on Biscayne Bay and travelling on the same cruise you are on. I too had some fears, but the Marriott has not failed us yet. I don't think a company as large as the Marriott will give you bad service or a bad room. My husband is constantly travelling and has always relied on the Marriott.

Have you booked your hotel yet?

• 2 weeks later...

STACYINPA - We're on the Triumph Christmas cruise. Check our Carnival Roll Call. Did you say they have a religious service on Christmas? We're Catholic and would love to be able to attend a service. We'll be at sea on Christmas day.

Hi folks:)

Trent, question for you If I may. I normally sail out of FLL but will be departing

from Miami in Feb. I reserved a room on the ChoiceHotels website for the

Clarion Hotel and Suites near Bayside.

The room was 20 bucks less than the Holiday Inn. I normally trust the Choice

Hotels for a budget/moderate pricing type. The room was only 80.00:)

Have you seen it? Any information would be appreciated. It is only for

night.

Sorry Lois, I've been gone for a month and just saw this... That hotel is just west of the downtown Hyatt, saying it's "near Bayside" is quite a stretch IMO. It's not a safe walk, it can be done, but I wouldn't, particularly at night, unless I were in a large group! I haven't been inside that one, but it's old and the comments I have read about it have not been good.

Personally I'd spend the extra $20 and stay at the Holiday Inn if you're looking for a budget hotel. It's older as well, but is nicer IMO than that Clarion, and it's directly across the street from the entrance to Bayside Marketplace, a safe walk. I think you'll probably spend the $20 you'd have saved on taxis going to/from Bayside if you want to go there for dinner. There really isn't much of anything within walking distance to the Clarion except the Hyatt.

Hi Trent:)

Oh, Thank you for the the reply. I am thinking of not even staying down there

anyway.

I am having a really hard time finding a reasonable price for transportation

from the FLL airport down to Miami. I called one of the businesses listed on

here earlier in this thread.

They are very good from Airport directly to the Miami Port...but to a hotel:eek:

I was quoted 65.00:rolleyes:

I am probably just going to fly in the day of the cruise......I am up in Jacksonville so timing should be no problem.

Thanks again for your reply about the hotel. I am surprised....Usually

ChoiceHotels are all in good shape.

Hi Lois, who did you get a quote from? We usually use either Tri-County Transportation or Larry's Limo.

Tri-County... http://www.floridalimo.com/

Larry's Limo... http://larryslimo.com/

Try Tri-County's shared van service from FLL, you can get a quote online without entering any personal info. It shouldn't cost anywhere near that much.

The cheapest way though is usually to just rent a small car at FLL and return it to MIA and take their shuttle to the port, but that's a bit of a hassle just to save a few dollars.

Hi Trent:) I can't remember who I called...its been awhile:eek:

Thanks for those 2 tips though. I will see what they have to offer.

Thanks again:)

Booked the Courtyard by Marriot last week on Priceline for precruise stay November 25-26 - $46.00, thought this was a good rate for this hotel, they rate it 2 1/2 stars and it is a three star with AAA. Tried all the three stars but nothing ever came up with a good price.

Hope this helps

Archived