Allure Packing and Storage Advice

AndyMan45

Hi...

We will be on the Allure of the Seas in January in a Boardwalk B1 balcony cabin. It will be my wife and I and our two kids, three and seven. The kids will be on the pull out sofa.

Having been on several cruises before with RCCL, I know how limited space will be and I'm looking to see what tips and advice those of you with families can share for packing wisely and utilizing the cabin space in the most efficient way.

Somewhere I read a tip about bringing an over the door shoe hanger but that still is kind of bulky to pack. I do think that utilizing vertical space is a good idea if there is a smart way to do it.

Thanks!

ideas that worked for us with small children-

Since the adult has to " dress" them, we make it easy by packing a whole outfit for the day in a zip lock bag ( based own our itinerary; swim clothes, beach shoes and coverups if we have a water shore excursion, underwear, shorts, socks and tees if we will be on a hiking excursion). These can be stored in the suitcase under the bed, or on the closet shelves. If they are labeled by day and kid, you can just pull them out and the kids put it on...ready to go.

Remove all the mini bar junk to the highest shelf and use the Luke warmish fridge to keep you water bottle slightly cooler than room temp.

Use the lowest small cubbies to store and charge your electronics (if your 3 yo isn't the type to need massive child proofing)

Designate a single place for all your cruise cards so you don't have to go fishing for them. Throw away every bit of paper they clutter you cabin with except for the Cruise Compass and disembarkation notices. It just clutters things up.

The shoe bag or other hanging bag ( even lingerie mesh washing bags will work and take up no bulk) is handy for stashing toiletries and hanging them in the bath- though Oasis class has lots of cubbys for things.

Designate one laundry bag for everyone in an out of the way place ( in a suitcase under the bed or in the back of the closet. When it's time to pack just pack the laundry in any 1 or 2 empty suitcases and the clean stuff in the other(s)

One of the biggest space wasters is shoes- limit yourselves to one pair of sneakers, and one pair of water shoes/sandals. Maybe mom could bring a pair of dressy sandals too, but really there is almost no room on the bottom of the closet for shoes and you will end up with a giant pile of shoes.

At the risk of getting killed- formal can be a nice sun dress or slacks and a collar shirt...if you have limited space in the cabin and limited ability to carry it "all" with tots- go for simple, some will be dressed to the 9s but you won't be out of place!

I just got off the Allure and was shocked at how informally people were dressed. I would not go crazy especially dressing the kids. Most people change immediately after dinner into something comfy anyway. Many women were wearing "dressy flip flops" in the evenings.

Thankfully they are stil strict about the no shorts and hats in the main dining room rule.

Hi...

We will be on the Allure of the Seas in January in a Boardwalk B1 balcony cabin. It will be my wife and I and our two kids, three and seven. The kids will be on the pull out sofa.

Having been on several cruises before with RCCL, I know how limited space will be and I'm looking to see what tips and advice those of you with families can share for packing wisely and utilizing the cabin space in the most efficient way.

Somewhere I read a tip about bringing an over the door shoe hanger but that still is kind of bulky to pack. I do think that utilizing vertical space is a good idea if there is a smart way to do it.

Thanks!

Hello from a fellow New England-er.

We have never traveled on a cruise ship with our children or for that matter our grand children so I can't be too much help. My tip, store your luggage under the bed, it will save a lot of closet space. As someone pointed out, there are no life vests in cabins on the Allure. Also just in case you were not told, you need to sign up for show times.

Have a super time, we can't wait to get back to the Allure.

Archived