Norway shore excursions

Vik Flam Geiranger Tromso Honningsvag Tronheim Bergen

Stavanger

Flam take the train ride. If you do it on your own be sure to check if the ship stays at Flam or goes onto another port where it will pick up the tour passengers.

Bergen you can do the walking tour on your own and be sure to take the funicular to the lookout above the town.

Geiranger. you can tour up the mountain and see the glacial lakes, overlook the fjords ...winding roads so if you are the nervous type maybe reconsider.

I've been to Gerainger, Trodheim, and Bergen.

Gerainger---I hate ships tours but unless something has changed in the past coupld of years, this is a port where you need to take a ships tour. There were only 2 rental cars and 3 taxis at this port and there isn't much to do in the town itself. It is beautiful to see.

Trondheim...we were there on a Sunday and stumbled into some sort of festival they were having. They had jousting and other such sports. There is a beautiful church in town that we visited. Then we just walked around town. Interesting place.

Bergen...this is a great stop. The girls shopped while us guys took the funicular up, then went hiking in the hills above Bergen. It was invigorating and kept us occupied. I'd think Bergen would be an easy spot to just wander around...it is a quite large City.

Archived