Thinking of Trying Disney

princesstiffany

Greetings! My family and I have always cruised Carnival and had balcony rooms or suites. I would really, really like to do a Disney cruise, but was thinking of booking an interior to make up for some of the price difference. Anyone who has cruised both lines and had interior and balcony rooms- what would you recommend? Thanks much!

We have cruised all types of rooms on NCL, RCL and Carnival. Have had balconies on Carnival but wanted to try Disney and the interior price they came out with on special sold us. We have only done 2 inside rooms before. We don't normally want to book them and always go at least with an outside cabin. BUT when we sailed on the RCL Voyager we did an inside guarantee and found that it was a new ship to us with a new design and we were having so much fun we were not in our room at all. So the balcony would have been wasted that trip. So with that thought in mind we booked an inside guarantee on the Disney Magic. We will leave in a few months but I'm sure it will be fine as I want to try everything on Disney which will leave no time for the room anyway.... :p:D Try it for the fun of it - it is always so much fun exploring a new ship and a new cruise line!

Greetings! My family and I have always cruised Carnival and had balcony rooms or suites. I would really, really like to do a Disney cruise, but was thinking of booking an interior to make up for some of the price difference. Anyone who has cruised both lines and had interior and balcony rooms- what would you recommend? Thanks much!

Hi! As you can tell from my name, I enjoy Carnival. Since we have dd (14 months) we looked at Disney hoping they'd be more child friendly and just to try something new (Note, we having cruised carnival with my child -only my dn's, so I can't comment on Carnival and kids).

We found a special that let us book a balcony for the same price as Carnival would have been (it was a day shorter though).

Also, Kids sail free out of Gal, Tx, if that port works for you (i'm not sure for how long...and I'm not sure if it's on the Magic or Wonder. The Magic is there now, but we leave on the Wonder next Dec and kids don't sail free :( )

One thing about Disney, is they don't nickle and dime you. Soda is included (though no dr. pepper or root beer on ours), you can bring alcohol, and they just aren't 'pushy' with selling stuff. (For example, the photographer's asst will take pictures of you with your camera! and and you take pictures with your camera (so if your kids see Mickey/Chip/Daisy, you can take the shots.).

Tips are higher, but the service is better.

With that said, we got a balcony. We/I do tend to spend a lot of time in room. I'm not big into being around people; I much rather hang out on the balcony with my coffee and a book. Plus, we had dd, so naps and early bedtime.

If you're kids are older and you won't be in the room, then you'd be find with interior, I'm sure!

We sailed on Disney 2 years ago and had an inside cabin. DW, DS 10, DD 7, and myself. The inside cabins on Disney are larger than other lines since they are designed with families in mind. That said, we found the cabin had lots of space for 4 of us and having split bathrooms is a nice plus.

Enjoy your trip.

We sailed on Disney 2 years ago and had an inside cabin. DW, DS 10, DD 7, and myself. The inside cabins on Disney are larger than other lines since they are designed with families in mind. That said, we found the cabin had lots of space for 4 of us and having split bathrooms is a nice plus.

Enjoy your trip.

Just a note here, not all inside rooms have the split bath.

:)

I spent hours on both lines websites looking for a February break cruise. We finally decided on Disney Wonder when kids sail free Miami came out.

The only time we had a balcony was on the Wonder 9 years ago. We talked about getting a balcony this time in the end I could not bring myself to spend the extra because or cruise is port intensive.

We went with the deluxe inside room to get the split bath. I believe that it is about the same size as carnival balconys. Also in all of Disneys rooms even the ones without the split baths the kids beds are a sofa and a pulldown above the sofa.

• 2 weeks later...
New to DCL and am wondering about the prospect of three adults traveling in the same stateroom. It seems like the square footage is ample for three adults, but is the sofa bed large/comfortable enough for a full size adult?

Well, on 2 separate cruises our 2 sons (19 & 23 and about 5' 10") both slept on the sofa bed.

It's not a pull out sofa bed like you might have at home. The back of the sofa folds down on top of the seat and is fitted with a regular mattress.

:)

"Also in all of Disneys rooms even the ones without the split baths the kids beds are a sofa and a pulldown above the sofa."

There was no pull down above the sofa in our room....but we only had 3 of us.

Note-the first night, the room guy made the bed wrong. It felt like a piece of plywood...no joke. Next night, it was better.

The one in our room was futon style. And yes, an adult can fit on it. I won't say it was comfortable though.

We have done balconies on Princess and Disney, and oceanviews on Costa and Carnival. If you can swing a Disney cruise DO IT! Disney is fantastic. By far the best we've ever done. I would suggest if your cruise is not port heavy go for the balcony, and if it is port heavy go for the interior. I'll take any room I need to get me on the ship!

Archived