Freedom Class- Aft Balconies- Obstructed

FLchick3

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures they could post of the “obstructed view” for cabins 8410, 8710, 9404 or 9704?

The larger balcony sounds great, but I’m a little concerned about the “obstructed view”.

Thank you in advance!

I don't have any pictures for you, but I have heard that the obstructed view on the 2 you mentioned on deck 9 have more to do with their lack of glass slider door. They have a port hole and a regular door. They are above the super structure so the view is good from what I'm told.

Don't have pics to post but have been on corner aft deck 7 on both Voyager class and Freedom class and can say the super structure is "worse" on 7 than the others as far as I am concerned. This being said, I would be more than happy to give up what little view I lose for the extra balcony. AFT IS AWESOME!!!

Tim

Hi,

Does anyone have any pictures they could post of the “obstructed view” for cabins 8410, 8710, 9404 or 9704?

The larger balcony sounds great, but I’m a little concerned about the “obstructed view”.

Thank you in advance!

Check out my detailed review with photos. We stayed in room 9404...and we LOVVVVVED it. I know many people shun these corner aft rooms on deck 9....but I dunno, we thought it was better than our side balcony rooms. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1723737&referrerid=153575

Had the corner aft on deck 7 on a Voyager class ship - loved it! You don't even really notice the obstruction after a bit and the wake view is fantastic! Weren't able to get it for the next trip, so had to "settle" for the corner on deck 9....oh the horror:eek:!

I had JS 1706 on the Freedom and was very disappointed with the "lookout" view. I did know what to expect when I booked it, but when I actually saw.....or didn't see.....the water I was pretty disappointed. I will never book an aft cabin except on Radiance class - I also had JS 1100 on the Radiance and LOVED it! NO superstructure.

Crap... I cant find any pics from our corner aft... 9404 but this one, and it is taken looking to the left.... but I can tell you there is no obstructed view. The superstructure is well below.

9404 has a round porthole window that you can kinda sit in and it has a door that swings open instead of a sliding door. You can see it in the other pic. It is on the far right side of the pic... down one level of cabins.... (2 levels below the glass). You can distinctly see the round porthole window and door.

We enjoyed this cabin although we did experience a little soot, as did most people we talked to.

CANT figure out how to make the pics bigger... esp the one of the rear of the ship. If anyone can tell me how I can do it. or you could probably google a pic of the rear of the ship to see 9404... it is easy to spot.

100_3598.jpg.3f0dc4b1946cda195fe8231615a5ebcc.jpg

2088346897_Freedom9404.jpg.a8b346d442f1f9d14d252d6d014176c4.jpg

Edited by mad-dog74

Crap... I cant find any pics from our corner aft... 9404 but this one, and it is taken looking to the left.... but I can tell you there is no obstructed view. The superstructure is well below.

9404 has a round porthole window that you can kinda sit in and it has a door that swings open instead of a sliding door. You can see it in the other pic. It is on the far right side of the pic... down one level of cabins.... (2 levels below the glass). You can distinctly see the round porthole window and door.

We enjoyed this cabin although we did experience a little soot, as did most people we talked to.

CANT figure out how to make the pics bigger... esp the one of the rear of the ship. If anyone can tell me how I can do it. or you could probably google a pic of the rear of the ship to see 9404... it is easy to spot.

Here you go.

Freedom_aft_balconies.jpg

We have 8710 on Indy next month. Looks like we will get lots of sun on the balcony, great for me, but anyone know how dark is the inside of the cabin with only 1 small door? I definitely will enjoy the sunny balcony!

I never noticed that before. You will not get much natural light. Not sure how important that is to you, but the internal lighting will be fine. It won't be "dark". After all, they have interior cabins :)

Toddcan – What an awesome picture! I was hoping someone had a pic like that. A couple of years ago someone posted a pic of the front of the Norwegian Sun & that was the deciding factor to try the front of the ship. I’ll just say, turned out to be very, very windy! :)

Anyway, thank you posting. It shows every room in great detail!

• 1 month later...
Had the corner aft on deck 7 on a Voyager class ship - loved it! You don't even really notice the obstruction after a bit and the wake view is fantastic! Weren't able to get it for the next trip, so had to "settle" for the corner on deck 9....oh the horror:eek:!

We had corner deck 9 on Explorer (9690). I hope you will love this balcony as much as we did! The only "obstruction" was one beam that runs about a foot in from the divider wall of the next cabin. Room for two loungers, the little table, and the two smaller chairs, one of which we tucked into the corner under the railing.

We did miss the slider; the regular balcony door was heavy and clunky, but it wuldn't stop us from booking a corner aft on deck nine again!

Teddie

• 9 months later...

We just stayed in 8410, here are the pics. Really liked the room, it was my first cruise, but the girls have been on a few, and they loved this room, as did I

http://s756.photobucket.com/user/mickeymule/library/Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas%208410

<a href=http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx204/mickeymule/Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas%208410/IMG_0324.jpg' alt='IMG_0324.jpg'>

• 3 weeks later...
You're going to love 9404. We had 9406 on Freedom last July. We absolutely loved the huge balcony. I think 9404 is only a tab bit smaller than 9406 but 9406 is about 140 square feet.

Question for those of you who have stayed in the cabins directly adjacent to the enormous suites on 8 and 9- did you have any neighbor troubles? Loud multi people gatherings in the cabins next to yours? It's always a concern for me and it seems that most of these that aren't on the corner share a wall with a rather roomy family suite.

Question for those of you who have stayed in the cabins directly adjacent to the enormous suites on 8 and 9- did you have any neighbor troubles? Loud multi people gatherings in the cabins next to yours? It's always a concern for me and it seems that most of these that aren't on the corner share a wall with a rather roomy family suite.

As stated, we were in 9406 on Freedom last July and were next to the Royal Family Suite (9408). I can only remember seeing anyone on that balcony a couple of times. The largest number I saw was three and one of those was a teenager. I was very surprised. If I had a balcony like that, I would have moved the bed outside. The people in the suite must have spent a bunch of time ashore. They weren't on the balcony.

Seriously, wife and I loved 9406. I measured the balcony with a standard piece of paper (all I had) and it was 12 pieces square using the long side of the paper. That's almost 144 square feet.

Only problem is, now her idea of a balcony is 9406.