Hot Glass Show

casandbliz

Our daughter won a fish sculpture at the hot glass show. Oddly enough it was the same piece that I had been taking pictures while the artist was making it a few nights below. So not only does she have a great piece, but we also have a couple dozen photos of it being created from gather to finishing touches.

I love the hot glass shows and especially love them at night as you can see the heat in the glass.

I am lucky enough to be the proud owner of a jug with a lip wrap and roman handle that I had watched being made and then won at a raffle a day later.

If there is glass show on board and I am"missing" my husband knows where to find me, I never get tired of watching these skilled artisans.

We was on Eclipse 03/18/18 this sailing was the last with the show, no raffles and no sales. One day they do a special show for the children's program they select a drawing from the kids, it was a pineapple a they do it for the winner.

30653129_2067465476829579_184158551155933184_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=ccfba233b86c013ab29e85f5391ea549&oe=5B62B0C4

30628915_2067465493496244_4101837726393827328_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8e8a2806df07589bffcae4baacc9e4af&oe=5B285693

Recently off the Equinox. The "Hollywood Hot Glass" doesn't hold a candle to the Corning show. In all of our cruises we've done over the past several years, we never missed a show & this time is was strictly amateur - not professional at all. It was a real disappointment for us. Others may disagree but the Corning folks were trained, had degrees in the art & had several years of experience. This show (& we did the class too) was not at all fun to watch or do - the blind leading the blind.