departure flight from FLL after miami cruise

itchintogo

We are doing the NCL Sun out of Miami in March, flying in and out of FLL. Realistically, if we fly home on a 1:00 flight out of FLL, will that give us enough time to get from the port in Miami to the airport in FLL? I know the ship usually arrives early a.m. and we could get off the ship anytime carrying our own bags but I am a little nervous about the timing. Any advice????:):rolleyes:

Thanks

• 1 month later...
what is the best way to get back to FLL after a Miami cruise? The shuttles offered by the cruiseline - or private cab?

Taxi will run about $85+ :eek: for the 40+ minute drive.

Shuttles from SAS, QLS and Go Airport can be booked ahead of time and cost about $15+ per person.

If you have a late flight you could rent a car for the day in Miami and drop it at FLL. Good luck! :)

Anything from about noon or later will be fine ;) - the cab/shuttle/limo ride from POM to FLL takes about 40 or so minutes. Good luck! :)

John, this is a little off topic, so please forgive me, but were you on the 10/31/2010 CCL Legend Halloween Cruise? We met a wonderful family from DC who shared our van to a Shore Snorkel in Cozumel. We kept running into this family on the ship and my dh and I had a nice talk with John- the father, about visiting DC. Just curious ??

Thanks,

Cari

Thinking about the Imagination 3/25-29 rt Miami The best return flight option is 11:35am on Air Tran out of Fll. If we self assist, how close will we be to making the flight

We just returned from a cruise that ended in Miami and then flew out of FLL. Our flight was at 11:55 on Airtran.

As soon as we were able to after embarking, we went to the guest services and explained that we needed to be off the ship asap because of flight time. We were able to do self assist which is the fastest way off the ship. They gave us a blue 1 disembarkation number (we were in a suite which gave us priority debarkation - not sure if that helped us get that number or not). Otherwise they disembark by deck number starting with first deck. They told us to be down there at 6:00 a.m. We went down at 5:30 a.m.....we were off the ship and at the airport by 8:00 a.m. We used Carnival's transfer.

It worked out well for us this time. Would I do it again? Not sure...I was really stressed about missing our flight.

Carnival suggests flights after 12:00 from FLL when cruising out of Miami. A private transfer would probably be even quicker than Carnival's transfer. I guess it comes down to how comfortable you are with this tight timeline and how big of a deal it would be if you missed your flight.

Thinking about the Imagination 3/25-29 rt Miami The best return flight option is 11:35am on Air Tran out of Fll. If we self assist, how close will we be to making the flight

Don't and I repeat don't do it.

You have a good chance of missing the flight.

Keith

John, this is a little off topic, so please forgive me, but were you on the 10/31/2010 CCL Legend Halloween Cruise? We met a wonderful family from DC who shared our van to a Shore Snorkel in Cozumel. We kept running into this family on the ship and my dh and I had a nice talk with John- the father, about visiting DC. Just curious ??

Thanks,

Cari

Sorry - was not me, but that sounds like a fun cruise! Our last cruise was out of Rome last summer and we're making plans now for a Bahamas cruise and another to Alaska! :D

Depending on the day you arrive back in port, FLL can be a mess with all of the cruise ships returning to port in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and people flying out. I just went through FLL on Saturday, 2/02. I had luggage valet service, so I already had my boarding pass and didn't have to check my bag (with this service you put out your bag the night before and don't see it until arriving at your final destination). When I got to the airport at approximately 11:00 a.m., terminal 1 was a zoo. By the time I found the back of the looooooooong line for security it was 11:15 and didn't get through security until 12:15 p.m.

Make sure you allow for possible back-ups at the airport.;)

Sorry - was not me, but that sounds like a fun cruise! Our last cruise was out of Rome last summer and we're making plans now for a Bahamas cruise and another to Alaska! :D

OK, thanks. It never hurts to ask as it's a small world.

Wow, Alaska. That's on our bucket list when our last graduates from college. :D

Cari in Indy

Archived