Wish You Knew Before Your Cruise

Cruise Arizona

I wish I had not done the internet special - book 3 restaurants and get $8 off and a bottle of wine. The cancellation policy is inconvenient and I was disappointed by the selection at Cagney's. The main dining room and buffet are quite good. By the time I realized I didn't even want to eat at Cagney's for dinner, I had already drunk the wine. I figured I'd have to then pay for the bottle so I went ahead with dinner.

Also - if you don't finish your meal, you can have them send the leftovers to your cabin through room service. I tried to ask for a box at La Cucina and the waiter was very confused for a minute.

The ship maps always point towards the front of the ship when you are looking at them.

The carpet in the hallways have designs that lead towards the front of the ship. For example the gem has dolphins that are swimming towards the front.

Pretzel bread huh? I love this stuff. We have a balcony too. We generally bring the surge protector, but didn't think about the balcony at night. Do you use the nightlight out there as well or a separate lighting source?

I just use the nightlight for the bathroom. There is a light out on the balcony but we usually bring one of the battery operated candles or two. It is nice to sit out on the balcony at night with no lights on as well and just watch the ocean go by. The upper deck has enough of a glow where you can see the water at night.

Also check the bed as soon as you board. We have had the full range of NCL beds from those that are so comfy I want to bring them home to the hard ones that there are two dips and a hump in the middle. Always try it out as soon as you get in the cabin and ask for a foam topper if needed before they are all gone!

I just use the nightlight for the bathroom. There is a light out on the balcony but we usually bring one of the battery operated candles or two. It is nice to sit out on the balcony at night with no lights on as well and just watch the ocean go by. The upper deck has enough of a glow where you can see the water at night.

Also check the bed as soon as you board. We have had the full range of NCL beds from those that are so comfy I want to bring them home to the hard ones that there are two dips and a hump in the middle. Always try it out as soon as you get in the cabin and ask for a foam topper if needed before they are all gone!

Great tips.

Before our first cruise - I wish I would've known that cruises were so fabulous, that the open ocean was so peaceful and relaxing, and that any day on the ocean was always better than any day in the office. Had I known this I would've started cruising earlier in my life.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

As for using nightlight in the bathroom - it's a great idea and we do take one.

One ship it will not work is the SUN. The power point works only when you switch on the bathroom light. Darn that!

I take a large battery operated candle for in the bathroom and several votives to light the way to the bathroom at night. No worries about plugging anything in.

Before our first cruise - I wish I would've known that cruises were so fabulous, that the open ocean was so peaceful and relaxing, and that any day on the ocean was always better than any day in the office. Had I known this I would've started cruising earlier in my life.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

This is so true.

Archived