Transfers Seward to Anchorage

TxKroozer

I started another thread about transportation options from Seward to Anchorage. Specifically we need it for RCCL Radiance arriving Seward to Anchorage Airport. We have ruled out the train as an option as it arrives in Anchorage to late. We do not want to rent a car one way. So we are looking for recommendations of the actual bus operators you have used and would suggest. I have googled plenty of the providers and know there are Alaska Tour & Travel, Seward Alaska Bus, Alaska Cruise Shuttle and more.

So if you have used one of these providers or another let us know who they are and why you liked them. Many thanks.

Have you checked with the RCCL shore excursion program?

Most cruiselines in & out of Seward run special "cruise-trains" and "cruise-buses" that pick guests up at the dock and take them directly to the airport. These shore excursion options can also include add-ons like a stop at the AK Sealife Center or Exit Glacier.

Many people who don't want any extra land time on their cruise choose this option - mainly for the convenience of having it booked and paid for with the cruise package. And honestly the convenience of having the ship take care of this transport is worth the potential few extra dollars.

There seems to be at least three different companies that will do transfers from the cruise ship to the airport and they all seem to charge between $45 - 60 per person. Just search by Anchorage cruise transfers and you will find them. I have not heard bad things about any of them. I have heard that Anchorage Tours and Transfers is really friendly and run by a local young couple.

I started another thread about transportation options from Seward to Anchorage. Specifically we need it for RCCL Radiance arriving Seward to Anchorage Airport. We have ruled out the train as an option as it arrives in Anchorage to late. We do not want to rent a car one way. So we are looking for recommendations of the actual bus operators you have used and would suggest. I have googled plenty of the providers and know there are Alaska Tour & Travel, Seward Alaska Bus, Alaska Cruise Shuttle and more.

So if you have used one of these providers or another let us know who they are and why you liked them. Many thanks.

RCI's train transfer (cruise train) option Seward-Anchorage arrives at the airport at 11:30AM your flight must be no earlier than 2:30PM to participate (since you didn't say what your timeframe is I'm just making a suggestion)...This is an amazing 126 mile narrated train trip that was one of the highlights of our cruise on Radiance..Looking forward to doing the same transfer again in May.

I may have been misled by another post reply, so I plan to investigate the RCL train transfer again. Our flight from Anchorage departs at 11:00 PM at night on the day we return, so I would think any transfer from Seward should be an option as long as it departs in the morning. Thanks.

Archived