Not All OBC Was Honored

GirlWriter

Oh well I thought I found more OBC... Another $150 would help on the TA:D

I went from Bronze to Silver after my 2/4/2012 cruise on the Jewel I had to book another cruise within 45 days which I did to receive the 150.00 this seems to be hit or miss when it is offered. DH went from bronze to silver this past Oct & he was never offered this incentive.

I went from Bronze to Silver after my 2/4/2012 cruise on the Jewel I had to book another cruise within 45 days which I did to receive the 150.00 this seems to be hit or miss when it is offered. DH went from bronze to silver this past Oct & he was never offered this incentive.

I just called to make sure and they said NO

But I can look forward to my milestone gift:confused:

April 1, 2012 is when the "move up" OBC was discontinued. I was expecting to be notified when we moved up to Platinum after our May cruise but when my PCC checked, she found out it was discontinued as of April 1, 2012.

I had OBC totaling 850.00 for my Oct sailing some of it was put on amenity but I did receive it all. My breakdown was 500.00 Amex, 150.00 going from bronze to silver, 100.00 HSN promo, 100.00 from TA along with a bottle of wine. I would of been very upset if I did not receive my OBC. I constantly checked with NCL before sailing as well as my TA I also brought along all of my documentation just in case.

Sorry did I read this correctly? You receive onboard credit when you move from one level to another in the Latitudes program?

Rochelle

This thread has probably erased any chance I had of sleeping tonight. We booked a suite 14 months out. We had AmEx $500 OBC & $150 for 9 months in advance. Then they switched our ships. Next they cancelled our cruise and gave us $100 OBC for our trouble. When we rebooked, we should have had $750 total OBC. I confirmed this with PCC. However, when they emailed confirmation, it only showed $600 OBC. I called back and PCC couldn't explain why it disappeared but assured me that she was giving me an amenities credit for the missing $150. I asked where on could see that on the website and she said I wouldn't be able to see it but that it would be visible to crew on ship. I just made final payment last week and was planning on calling to just confirm its still there and to ask to have an email confirmation emailed to me. Now it seems that even if I get it in writing it may not matter. Ughh. I know I should be happy with $600, but I've never had ANY OBC before and I have spent that $750 in my head for months now. lol

Regarding my 850.00 OBC 600.00 showed up on the NCL website the 250.00(150.00 moving up a tier & 100.00 TA) was an amenity. I had my online TA send me all the documentations stating the ship board credit & the amenity amount that I was due. I must admit I was nervous about receiving it but I did without any problems. I also two days before sailing called NCL & confirmed again the 850.00 amount by now all the paper work was sent over to the Gem.

This thread has probably erased any chance I had of sleeping tonight. We booked a suite 14 months out. We had AmEx $500 OBC & $150 for 9 months in advance. Then they switched our ships. Next they cancelled our cruise and gave us $100 OBC for our trouble. When we rebooked, we should have had $750 total OBC. I confirmed this with PCC. However, when they emailed confirmation, it only showed $600 OBC. I called back and PCC couldn't explain why it disappeared but assured me that she was giving me an amenities credit for the missing $150. I asked where on could see that on the website and she said I wouldn't be able to see it but that it would be visible to crew on ship. I just made final payment last week and was planning on calling to just confirm its still there and to ask to have an email confirmation emailed to me. Now it seems that even if I get it in writing it may not matter. Ughh. I know I should be happy with $600, but I've never had ANY OBC before and I have spent that $750 in my head for months now. lol

If I was entitled to 750.00 I would not be happy with 600.00 I would definitely make sure that the 750.00 amount was there. I hate that some of the OBC is slated for amenity I feel this is very confusing. It should all be one! At one point my 150.00 disappeared as well I was told the same thing it was there & no one knew why it was gone. But it did get thrown under amenities & I did receive it. Hope this helps you. By the way the entire 850.00 was spent like you it was spent in my head before I boarded as well.

Regarding my 850.00 OBC 600.00 showed up on the NCL website the 250.00(150.00 moving up a tier & 100.00 TA) was an amenity. I had my online TA send me all the documentations stating the ship board credit & the amenity amount that I was due. I must admit I was nervous about receiving it but I did without any problems. I also two days before sailing called NCL & confirmed again the 850.00 amount by now all the paper work was sent over to the Gem.

So you're amenities credit was never visible on the website? And you still got it? Gosh, I hope you say yes.

Let me begin by stating that I have not thoroughly read all of the replies here so I may be overlooking additional details that recast the original post in a new light.

With that said: If a cruise line promised me a certain amount of OBC in writing before the cruise and then reneged on it, I would simply send the documentation to my credit card company and dispute the cost of the cruise. Regardless of why they now say you're entitled to less or who is to blame for the "mistake" (which sounds like a mistake on their end, not yours), if you were promised $X you're entitled to $X. Offering you less after you've booked the cruise is essentially a retroactive increase of the fare you agreed to pay. It's no different than if the cruise line quoted you a fare of $Y and, when you boarded the ship, informed you the fare had gone up and you were required to pay more. Most credit card companies are very good about resolving problems with unscrupulous merchants such as this. I would probably also report the cruise line to the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's office of Consumer Protection in the state where the cruise departed from.

I understand there can be confusion over how OBC applies but any internal confusion on the cruise line's part is irrelevant. If someone from the cruise line promised you something, that's what you're entitled. If you got it in writing, all the better. Send it along to your credit card company and I suspect the cruise line will be hard pressed to explain why they should be entitled to retroactively change the terms to which you agreed. If they don't have a good explanation, your credit card company should refuse to honor an appropriate portion of the transaction and refund the amount back to you.

I agree with your advice to dispute the credit card charge.

So you're amenities credit was never visible on the website? And you still got it? Gosh, I hope you say yes.

Amenities can be seen only in the NCL issued "Amenity Confirmation" that you ask from your TA or NCL (if booked directly).

We had that happen to us on our very first cruise in August 2009. The promotion was $2150 OBC on the Pearl and we were only given $100.

This time will be on the Jewel on Jan 20, 2012 and when I booked the Haven Penthouse suite over a year ago, I was told we'd be getting $300 OBC but everything i have seem lately has been $250. Is there anything or anyway to verify what you will actually be credited with or is the most recent promotion (for us $250)?

Hi all! I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up ... my family went on a 6-night cruise on the Pearl a couple of months ago, and had been promised 3 different OBC amounts ... one for the Amex promotion, one for booking a suite well in advance, and one as an NCL "we're sorry" because of a canceled / chartered cruise ... and had been assured (multiple times, by multiple NCL PCCs) that we could in fact have all 3 of these in combination.

I had printed off everything I had received that proved we had all 3 OBC and took that with me on the cruise, but NCL still would not honor all of it. Originally, they honored only the Amex OBC and had no notations anywhere in the shipboard system of any other possible OBC. When I went to the front desk and showed them my paperwork, they made a copy of it and then emailed Corporate to get a 'ruling,' which came back a day later as "sorry, you can't have any more OBC."

The following day, my concierge happened to ask me how everything was going, and I mentioned my disappointment at being shorted $400 OBC. He went to bat for us and got us an additional $100, which was very nice of him to do.

So, this is just a bit of a warning to everyone. Even with documentation showing all of the OBC you have been promised, you may not get all of it!

I certainly am not doubting what you are saying, but something is really wrong. If you had it in writing I don't understand where the problem was...I hope somehow you can get credit the next time you sail. Keep us posted..

We had that happen to us on our very first cruise in August 2009. The promotion was $2150 OBC on the Pearl and we were only given $100.

This time will be on the Jewel on Jan 20, 2012 and when I booked the Haven Penthouse suite over a year ago, I was told we'd be getting $300 OBC but everything i have seem lately has been $250. Is there anything or anyway to verify what you will actually be credited with or is the most recent promotion (for us $250)?

Do you have documentation that states that you are to receive the 300.00? Have you checked on the NCL website that shows your OBC? Once I receive any sort of conformation I make copes of the promo & the comformation that the OBC has been applied, dates especially. They seem to change promos pretty fast always leave yourself a paper trail especially any emails that you receive.

Archived