Classic drinks package, what is included please?

Jo and Rob

We just got the classic drink package and it states $44 a day in drinks...what if you don't use the full amount per day, does that carry over?

The $44 is the cost of the package. The package service itself is unlimited. You may have as many drinks as you can consume with no limit at all. The only limitations are:

• Only one drink at a time and no sharing of the package (the package drinks are only for you)
  • No service from room service or mini bar under the package
  • If you get too intoxicated (hopefully not a problem) they could refuse service.

Edited by Lsimon

We just got the classic drink package and it states $44 a day in drinks...what if you don't use the full amount per day, does that carry over?

No. There is no carry over from day to day. You can drink more or you can drink less. And since it is unlimited, it really doesn't matter.

We sailed on the Equinox recently and had the premium package. The difference was the higher per drink price (necessary for anything at the Molecular Bar) and the ability to simply "pay the difference" for anything above that threshold if you went over the premium per drink maximum. Example... I wanted a 20 year tawny port after dinner and it was $15, I think. As a premium package holder, I was only charged $3 as opposed to paying the entire price of the drink if it exceeded the Classic beverage package allowance. And there is no carryover... If you do not drink one day, you do not get reimbursed. Even though it is broken down as a per diem charge, it covers the entire cruise. With the premium juice, coffee/espresso and water options, it is very easy to almost hit the price per day without even hitting a bar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jo & Rob, I booked several weeks ago (AQ) for a Europe cruise June 2013. Did you call and they just added the 1,2,3 promotion or did you have to pay an added fee? thanks

I'm not Jo & Rob but we just did this. It was no issue. While there were no fees we lost existing OBC relating to Celebrity promotions and our cruise price was adjusted from our original booking rate to the current price - so you have to weigh the costs of these items against the benefit of the package. We have another cruise booked which our early booking cost was around $800/pp below the current price so it didn't make sense on that one.

Jo & Rob, I booked several weeks ago (AQ) for a Europe cruise June 2013. Did you call and they just added the 1,2,3 promotion or did you have to pay an added fee? thanks

In the UK they were advertising classic package included so I contacted my TA and pointed out we shouldn't be penalised for booking early. She contacted Celebrity who said no problem and transferred our booking with no charge or admin fee to the new promotion (which also was a cheaper price which they also gave us!!) The only thing we lost was the free car park.

I am so impressed with Celebrity and would not hesitate booking early again safe in the knowledge they look after their customers. :)

Are smoothies included in the Classic package? We usually get the Premium so I never noticed but my inlaws are planning to get the 123 promo deal and are very interested in the smoothies since they normally buy the Premium NA package. It would be disappointing to get the more expensive package and not be able to get what they want!

Are smoothies included in the Classic package? We usually get the Premium so I never noticed but my inlaws are planning to get the 123 promo deal and are very interested in the smoothies since they normally buy the Premium NA package. It would be disappointing to get the more expensive package and not be able to get what they want!

According to the website I would think smoothies wouldn't be included.

Classic Package

Upgrade your cruise experience and pay one price to enjoy all of the benefits of our Classic Non-Alcoholic package as well as all Beers up to $5 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving.

Classic Non-Alcoholic Package

In addition to enjoying your favorite Coca Cola can and fountain sodas selections such as Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Fanta Orange and Coke Zero, you may also enjoy fresh squeezed and bottled juices, Premium Coffees and Teas and Non-Premium Bottled Water.

Last week on the Reflection, I saw the following martini prices:

Sky Observation-$8.50

The Martini Bar- $10, except for "The 20 Year" martini at $11.

Molecular Bar- $12.

Those prices were all for foo-foo flavoured ones in the larger martini glass. I never asked about anything plain or small:)

If you buy a drink that is over the price (no matter which package) will the difference just be charged to your card? Thanks...

With the premium package the difference will be charged to you.

With the classic package the entire cost of the drink will be charged to you.

In the UK they were advertising classic package included so I contacted my TA and pointed out we shouldn't be penalised for booking early. She contacted Celebrity who said no problem and transferred our booking with no charge or admin fee to the new promotion (which also was a cheaper price which they also gave us!!) The only thing we lost was the free car park.

I am so impressed with Celebrity and would not hesitate booking early again safe in the knowledge they look after their customers. :)

Jo

We like you booked a Celebrity cruise before the free drinks package was advertised. We also have free parking plus $500 OBC. Did you have the OBC and did they let you keep it. We always get the Classic package and will this year too. Can you let me have more info so I can work out if its worth me contacting Celebrity.

Roger

We accepted the Classic Beverage Package as our 1, 2, 3 Go Perk. If one of us wants to upgrade to the Premium Package, can that be done? Or do we both have to upgrade? Thanks! 90 more days to go!:p

In the fine print of the terms for the 123 package it said you could upgrade the offer to the premium package by paying 10/night. I am in process of trying to do this on my booking. But it is not showing up on my booking confirmation - am asking the TA to confirm its been done.

In the fine print of the terms for the 123 package it said you could upgrade the offer to the premium package by paying 10/night. I am in process of trying to do this on my booking. But it is not showing up on my booking confirmation - am asking the TA to confirm its been done.

My Celebrity agent told me that the upgrade is $10/night plus $1.50 gratuity per night. I'll have to see--although the package and request for upgrade shows on my booking confirmation, she also told me that it would take awhile for the Celebrity department in charge of beverage packages to contact me to confirm.

It's a bit confusing, because I thought that the standard package included the gratuity, so at $54/night shouldn't the premium package also include it?

Rich

My Celebrity agent told me that the upgrade is $10/night plus $1.50 gratuity per night. I'll have to see--although the package and request for upgrade shows on my booking confirmation, she also told me that it would take awhile for the Celebrity department in charge of beverage packages to contact me to confirm.

It's a bit confusing, because I thought that the standard package included the gratuity, so at $54/night shouldn't the premium package also include it?

Rich

Right you are - verbally the TA told me it would be 11.50 - forgot about that.

Rich

Neither the regular price of $44/night for the Classic, nor $54 for the Premium, includes the service charge. They add 15% when you purchase the package. So the $1.50 is the 15% service charge on the $10 upgrade cost.