Catamaran trips

nigkar

Can anyone recommend a good reliable tour company which offers catamaran trips.

I don't wish to book with the ship, so I am looking for a good price.

Any information will be appreciated .

Thanks, and happy new year everyone.

Calabaza Sailing Cruises was terrific. They take a maximum of 12 passengers. You are fed food and drink from the time you board, eveything from home made banana bread,to dips to a full buffet lunch...beer, wine, rum punch, vodka, gin, etc. We snorkeled with the sea turtles and made a second stop as well. Once of the best excursions we have ever been on.

We booked Calabaza based on the great reviews & the maximum of 12 persons. We wanted a more comfortable & relaxed day. They responded to my email inquiry with full details of what they offer & again responded quickly when i booked.

Really looking forward to our day there in Barbados.

I went with Silvermoon on both my trips and agree with the recommendations. Very nice catamaran with food, drinks and a friendly crew I did the 24 person both times and a great experience.

Next week going with Calabeza and very much looking forward to a 12 person catamaran after all her rave reviews.

You can't go wrong with either of them; sign up early for the best chance. They fill up fast.

I went with Silvermoon on both my trips and agree with the recommendations. Very nice catamaran with food, drinks and a friendly crew I did the 24 person both times and a great experience.

Next week going with Calabeza and very much looking forward to a 12 person catamaran after all her rave reviews.

You can't go wrong with either of them; sign up early for the best chance. They fill up fast.

We, too, have done the Silvermoon 24-man cat twice and enjoyed it AND, we're on Calaazza next week. What day aremyou in Barbados?

Can anyone recommend a good reliable tour company which offers catamaran trips.

I don't wish to book with the ship, so I am looking for a good price.

Any information will be appreciated .

Thanks, and happy new year everyone.

I also highly recommend Calabaza, BUT if you are looking for a cheap excursion this isn't it. I went 2 years ago and it was $100 per person. It was well worth it in my opinion. In fact I plan to book with them again.

We, too, have done the Silvermoon 24-man cat twice and enjoyed it AND, we're on Calaazza next week. What day aremyou in Barbados?

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

We will be in Barbados on Friday 1st Feb.

We did a cool runnings trip on jan 3rd and really enjoyed it. They collected and returned us from the pier. Crew excellent and the boat was not over crowded - lots of space and les crowded than trip we did with Tiami last year.

Abundant drinks and good food. Visited a turtle site on south coast, near boatyard and then went up west coast. Not the best weather - raining at times and a sea swell but had a great day.

Another vote for Calabaza. Will be with Gina and crew in 2 weeks for our third time. So relaxing, great food, amazing rum punch and pampering all day. They really treat you like family and swimming with the turtles is amazing! Not the cheapest excursion but worth every penny!!!

Another vote for Calabaza. We just got back and this was our favorite excursion of the cruise! We loved everything about the day--the food, catamaran, crew, turtles, and snorkeling. They took pics all day, both in and out of the water, and emailed them to us, along with the recipes for all the food we ate that day. Well worth the $110pp! Can't recommend them highly enough.

We went with Silver Moon in November on the 24 person catamaran with a group from our roll call. Great food, awesome service, good snorkleing. Another group from our roll call went with Cool Runnings. They also had a a great day and snorkeled with the turtles in the same area we did.

Another vote for Calabazza. We sailed with them on 12/26 and had a great day. It was so relaxing and so much fun. Gina was an amazing host (and chef!). We were made to feel so comfortable. We had a great experience swimming with the turtles and felt comfortable in the water with Andrew (who is a gem!). My husband and daughter wound up getting hit hard with a stomach bug and Gina was very attentive to them. It was myself (43), DH (46), DS (almost 15), DD (12) and my parents (65+). All of us had a wonderful day. It is well worth the $110PP and I will definitely book with them again if we visit Barbados again. True to her word, by the time we arrived home, Gina had already emailed us underwater pictures and recipes. :)

We are looking to book a catamaran also. Does anyone know how many people is the max for Cool Runnings? We like the idea of more than 12 people so the 24 person catamaran sounds good (Silvermoon), but I am also looking at the Cool Runnings one. thanks.

We are looking to book a catamaran also. Does anyone know how many people is the max for Cool Runnings? We like the idea of more than 12 people so the 24 person catamaran sounds good (Silvermoon), but I am also looking at the Cool Runnings one. thanks.

Cool Runnings uses a 62 ft cat, registered to carry 80 ppl, but they never go over 40. I have said it before - BEST cat sailing trip I have taken in the region in over 20 years of cruising.

They are very aware that people go not want a crowded experience, or they would go in the ship sponsored trip. They do use chum for the turtles (everybody does), but they will make sure everybody who wants to get close and photograph or touch them, can do so. Last time we had 3 large and one baby with us for quite some time

Sailed with them Thanksgiving day 2012, and going again in a few weeks.

Another vote for Calabaza. Will be with Gina and crew in 2 weeks for our third time. So relaxing' date=' great food, amazing rum punch and pampering all day. They really treat you like family and swimming with the turtles is amazing! Not the cheapest excursion but worth every penny!!![/quote']

Agree with poster above - we too have just booked our 3rd tour with Gina and Calabaza. A few years ago when Calabaza was booked, we went with Silver Moon which was nice but there's no comparison between the two. In my opinion, Calabaza is so much better in many ways and the price is only marginally more than the rest (best I recall).

Mike and Angela

Archived