New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I understand if it was just an existing reservation with a deposit only you would need to pay the current rate. Are you saying that if you have paid the cruise in full at a lower rate then you would need to pay more at this time to take advantage of this offer?

Yes, but only if you are not past final payment. I am not past final payment but I paid in full. When I called yesterday, he said he could get me the deal, but I would have to cancel and rebook at the room current prices (which are over $1400 more than I paid and I lose my $300 OBC - so I didn't do it as in the end I would have ended up paying more).

I understand if it was just an existing reservation with a deposit only you would need to pay the current rate. Are you saying that if you have paid the cruise in full at a lower rate then you would need to pay more at this time to take advantage of this offer?

Yes, if the fare for your cabin increased you would be responsible for the difference.

Where does it say this cannot be applied to an Open Pasage? It dos say it needs to be fully deposted.

==============

And, it's worth repeating–when you book a 2013 Europe vacation, you'll be able to choose TWO of the three offers for an even more amazing vacation value. So, if you've always dreamed of a Europe vacation, we'll make that vacation even dreamier.

What are you waiting for? Your modern luxury vacation is just three easy steps away.

† CELEBRITY CRUISES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO IMPOSE A FUEL SUPPLEMENT OF UP TO $10 PER GUEST PER DAY ON ALL GUESTS IF THE PRICE OF WEST TEXAS INTERMEDIATE FUEL EXCEEDS $65 PER BARREL.

* Prices are per person, cruise only, for stateroom category 08 and based on double occupancy.

To Qualify for the 123go! Offer, the following requirements must be satisfied. Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-27, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition® cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013-Apr 2014. Offer only available for ocean view or higher staterooms and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate and cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings and to staterooms in non-contracted group bookings which staterooms are named and fully deposited during the Offer Period. Bookings that meet all of these requirements are "Qualifying Bookings." Qualifying Bookings for a European sailing may choose any two of the following options (all other Qualifying Bookings may choose any one of these options): Classic Beverage Package for Two, Free Gratuities, or Onboard Credit. Limit of one Offer per stateroom. You must notify Celebrity of the option(s) you chose by Jan 27, 2013. All Guests in stateroom must select the same option. Offer does not apply to interior staterooms. Offer is not eligible to residents of the United Kingdom.

Classic Beverage Package for Two applies to two guests per stateroom and includes beers up to $5 per serving; and spirits, cocktails, and wine up to $8 per serving; all soda selections, fresh squeezed and bottled juices, premium coffees, teas and non-premium bottled water. Server gratuities are included (amount based on gratuity guidelines). Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day, plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day, by contacting Celebrity Cruises. Terms of Celebrity's Alcohol Policy apply, including a minimum drinking age, which varies by itinerary. Guest must provide date of birth by Jan. 27, 2013. Free Gratuities Offer applies to two guests per stateroom and provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and head waiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines.

Onboard Credit amount is per stateroom and is based on the number of cruise nights: 3-5 nights $100; 6-9 nights $200; 10 nights or more $300. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise, and will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking.

To redeem offer contact your travel professional or Celebrity Cruises at 1-866-212-2702. For information on this offer. see above.

All Offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. No refunds or credits for unused options. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Offer not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Cruise portion of Cruisetours eligible for Offer based on number of cruise nights. Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer.

Andy....we were told by our TA that it would take 4-6 weeks for the beverage package to show on the cruise summary.

....and I was told "the beverage package will not show from Celebrity until you arrive on board".

I'll keep checking but will make sure I've got my paper trail! ;)

cannot be combined with any other offer, promotion or price program.

Maybe this is it?

I tried using an Open Passages yesterday and was told no way. I was passed to a couple of different reps and ultimately a supervisor. Even if I said I'd be happy to forego the OBC on the Open Passages I was told it couldn't be done and if it had been done previously by people (which it appeared a couple of people on here were able to do) that was a mistake on the Celebrity rep's part.

Where does it say this cannot be applied to an Open Pasage? It dos say it needs to be fully deposted.

Hi Jade,

I've been wondering about this too. I'm not sure it's stated in the fine print, (I dont have time to check at the moment) but other members with Passages have reported being refused.

FWIW, I've asked the question to Celebrity. If I hear anything, I will post on this thread.

I spoke with Celebrity yesterday and they will change an existing booking. you will lose any previous perks/obc and will have to pay any increase in fare. However they will change the promotion on an existing booking.

Spot on explanation in regards to existing bookings. We changed from Aqua to Concierge on our Hawaii cruise to take advantage of the beverage package deal. Re-fared Aqua would have cost us $380 more than what we were booked at, so we dropped down to Concierge for an increase in fare of $40. We prefer to drink versus eat. :D

Tony

Edited by tgmtgm

Where did you see the dates of January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2013? I thought this offer was for cruises departing after February 1 (or thereabouts) 2013. I'm bummed on the timing. We're booked for a cruise leaving this Sunday (13th). Would have been nice to have this little perk.

Hi Lostinplace,

Sorry, but it wont apply for your sailing. This is from the fine print on the US website :

Cruise must be booked between Jan. 7-27, 2013 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise, excluding Celebrity Xpedition® cruises, that departs between Feb. 2013-Apr 2014.

Spot on explanation in regards to existing bookings. We changed from Aqua to Concierge on our Hawaii cruise to take advantage of the beverage package deal. Re-fared Aqua would have cost us $380 more than what we were booked at, so we dropped down to Concierge for an increase in fare of $40. We prefer to drink versus eat. :D

Tony

Liquid lunch..eh?:D

Hi Jade,

I've been wondering about this too. I'm not sure it's stated in the fine print, (I dont have time to check at the moment) but other members with Passages have reported being refused.

FWIW, I've asked the question to Celebrity. If I hear anything, I will post on this thread.

Fully deposited means full deposit $$ wise. So if you have a 10 day cruise you used a Passages certificate as the means of the deposit, you technically only have $100 of a $450 deposit paid. Hence no go on the promo using fcc's.

Tony

....and I was told "the beverage package will not show from Celebrity until you arrive on board".

I'll keep checking but will make sure I've got my paper trail! ;)

The Customer Service Rep I spoke to yesterday told me that the promotion would be on my invoice that he was emailing to me immediately. Sure enough, the drink package is listed in the "booking charges" section of the invoice as "WAV1" with 0.00 being the charge.

The changes to my booking did appear in "My Celebrity" right away as well, but there is no reference to the drink package being booked. I am not concerned because I have the invoice.

Hope that helps

Absolutely! :D

We originally booked a 2B balcony, then upgraded to Aqua when the price dropped on it. We're not food snobs at all, and really enjoy eating in the MDR. Did I mention we enjoy drinking?? Lol!

Tony

Andy,

Thanks for the info. I had been trying to decide if I should buy a Classic beverage package but for a 14 night Caribbean cruise, it would have cost me over $600 more plus gratuities. This will be my first sailing to celebrate my 60th bday and wanted as much freedom as I could afford. I was able to get the free beverage package and since my sailing isn't until 2014, the cost of the cruise was the same. All I did was call my TA and she handled it.

Loving Cruise Critic right about now! :D

The Customer Service Rep I spoke to yesterday told me that the promotion would be on my invoice that he was emailing to me immediately. Sure enough, the drink package is listed in the "booking charges" section of the invoice as "WAV1" with 0.00 being the charge.

The changes to my booking did appear in "My Celebrity" right away as well, but there is no reference to the drink package being booked. I am not concerned because I have the invoice.

Hope that helps

Added the package to my reservation yesterday and my new emailed invoice now also includes "WAV1-WAVE BEV" with a $0.00 charge.

Nothing mentioning this package yet when checking my reservations online.

Fully deposited means full deposit $$ wise. So if you have a 10 day cruise you used a Passages certificate as the means of the deposit, you technically only have $100 of a $450 deposit paid. Hence no go on the promo using fcc's.

Tony

I understand that fully Tony. I'm sure that is why folks are being told no.

I wish Celebrity would consider allowing guests to pay the difference on the passage amount paid and the required deposit, so they would then be considered "fully deposited", thereby meeting the requirement. This would make many of their guests happier.

Edited by Host Andy

Just received the email and it seems that you can select 2 of the 3 bonuses ..drink package / gratuities/$300OBC but it seems that posters are talking about selecting the drink package and not mentioning being entitled to another bonus...Am I missing something?? did I misread the promotion email??

Andy,

Thanks for the info. I had been trying to decide if I should buy a Classic beverage package but for a 14 night Caribbean cruise, it would have cost me over $600 more plus gratuities. This will be my first sailing to celebrate my 60th bday and wanted as much freedom as I could afford. I was able to get the free beverage package and since my sailing isn't until 2014, the cost of the cruise was the same. All I did was call my TA and she handled it.

Loving Cruise Critic right about now! :D

Hi TuggleRN,

Thanks for sharing with us. I suspect you've booked Eclipse. Congrats on your upcoming 60th. Enjoy your Cruise !

Hope that helps

I won't be receiving a new invoice because mine was an existing booking, to which they just added the promotion. I'm not really worried about it - I've got email confirmation.

Although, I do remember getting the option to upgrade to the Premium package for $10 per day when I checked out the Celebrity site right after I had spoken to my TA and received her confirmation - so I think something's in the works, it just hasn't shown up yet.

Thanks for the info! "WAV1" I'll remember that! :)

Just received the email and it seems that you can select 2 of the 3 bonuses ..drink package / gratuities/$300OBC but it seems that posters are talking about selecting the drink package and not mentioning being entitled to another bonus...Am I missing something?? did I misread the promotion email??

European sailings pick 2 and Caribbean just 1. I picked drinks and then paid the $11.50 per day to upgrade to premium. I usually drink only beer and wine but thought it was such a good deal it might be fun to try some fancy stuff.

Hi Gordon,

Just seems very unfair... we have never cruised before and this is supposed to be a special one for us but reading all the comments make me think Celebrity doesn't view all its customers equally....

Hi Nanourw

We I'd our first and second Celebrity cruise in November and I would not hesitate to commend the product, irrespective of how the company is acting at he moment with this promotion. I am sure that things will reverse sometime soon and it will be our fellow American complaining about how good a deal we are getting.

Gordon

Hi Ruth,

Im told that if you book onboard through 1/27, you have the choice of the 1,2,3 GO offer, OR the booking onboard OBC - not both. I hope this helps !

Andy,

In Ruth's case of booking when onboard, she would only get one obc/drink/gratuities offer, but she would still get the 2-3 cabin category upgrade, right?

We already booked with this offer (took 1-2-3 obc), but were wondering if we would have been better to wait 2 weeks when we are on the Equinox and book while onboard to get both the promo and the category upgrade(s). Our TA appears to have given us a one category upgrade for Captain's Club anyway, and we might not have received the other incentives that our TA gave us in addition to the promo.

Also, does Celebrity allow you to book a cruise while onboard with a different TA than the one you used for the current cruise? I'm sure we have done that in the past, but while on the Eclipse in November, I think the Future Cruise consultant told us "no" that we could only book with the TA for the current cruise or through Celebrity and that she could not switch to a different TA for a future booking. In this case it was for a Passages certificate. This would make a difference for using the current 1-2-3 promo as some of the TAs are offering different promos/incentives of their own, and we would likely want to use this 1-2-3 promo for another cruise but not with the TA that we are booked with for this upcoming Equinox cruise.

Yes, the Classic beverage package includes most of the coffee in the Cova: expresso, latte, capuccino,cafe Americano. But not the coffee on the last page of the menu, which I never drink anyway.

It also includes all bottled water, but not the sparkling variety.

Yes, you can pick up small or large bottles of water at any bar, Cova etc and take it off the ship or bring it to your stateroom.I did this daily on my cruise which just ended on the Century. It also includes soda and fresh oj. and other juices.

Thanks, I appreciate your answer. Those coffees on the last page could be ones with alcohol in them. We decided to go with the obc choice as we only drink occasional wine and cappuccino, both of which we can get at the Elite morning and afternoon events. We usually get the bottled water in port.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise

I understand that fully Tony. I'm sure that is why folks are being told no.

I wish Celebrity would consider allowing guests to pay the difference on the passage amount paid and the required deposit, so they would then be considered "fully deposited", thereby meeting the requirement. This would make many of their guests happier.

I totally agree!

It's a very confusing process, especially with trying to add the promo to an existing booking. The bottom line is that your cruise will be re-fared at the current going rate if you want to add the package, and any Celebrity provided OBC will be retracted. If the rate is lower than what you originally booked at, fantastic! If not, prepare to pay more...

Tony

I won't be receiving a new invoice because mine was an existing booking, to which they just added the promotion. I'm not really worried about it - I've got email confirmation.

Although, I do remember getting the option to upgrade to the Premium package for $10 per day when I checked out the Celebrity site right after I had spoken to my TA and received her confirmation - so I think something's in the works, it just hasn't shown up yet.

Thanks for the info! "WAV1" I'll remember that! :)

Mine was an existing booking to which I added the promotion. I was emailed a new invoice immediately. I had booked directly through Celebrity over the phone.

Andy,

In Ruth's case of booking when onboard, she would only get one obc/drink/gratuities offer, but she would still get the 2-3 cabin category upgrade, right?

We already booked with this offer (took 1-2-3 obc), but were wondering if we would have been better to wait 2 weeks when we are on the Equinox and book while onboard to get both the promo and the category upgrade(s). Our TA appears to have given us a one category upgrade for Captain's Club anyway, and we might not have received the other incentives that our TA gave us in addition to the promo.

Hi Kathy,

From what I'm hearing, you should be eligible for the cabin upgrade if booking onboard in addition to 123, but I'm not 100% certain. What I was advised, is that you can get either the 123 offer, OR the booking onboard OBC, not both. They wont let you double dip on that.

It is VERY tough to comment on whether you should wait the 2 weeks to book onboard, as I suspect this promotion will generate a large amount of bookings, so you might risk a price increase in the interim.

I hope this helps !

Hello...We are already booked in an Aqua Class cabin on the Reflection next November 16th. Our final payment isn't due for another month.

With this in mind, our travel agent contacted Celebrity about the possibility of us being able to take advantage of the new promo offer.

We already had a $75 on board credit coming from a group booking. Then, we were indeed allowed to take advantage of the new promotion. The price of our AQ cabin was the same as when we originally booked, so we kept the same cabin, and the price remained the same. And, we were able to get the $200 additional onboard credit for a total of $275.00 onboard credit.

What a great promotion, and, we were so happy we were able to take advantage of this, even though we weren't sure if we could.