New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Did you book your orginal cruise booking with celebrity or did you use a TA? Thank you!!!

You can use either Celebrity direct, or a TA.

I am so confused lol :confused:

If I were to book a sailing in a veranda on the Summit to Bermuda in June 2013 do I get to choose 2 of the offers or just one?

Can I pick any of the 3 or just certain ones?

Hi Sarah,

For Bermuda, You can pick one of the 3 offers listed on the link in my first post. Choose from the beverage package, gratutities, or an OBC.

I hope this helps !

And, the only time I saw in the promo where you get to choose 2 of the 3 offers was on European sailings. This is from X's website describing the promotion:

And, it's worth repeating–when you book a 2013 Europe vacation, you'll be able to choose TWO of the three offers for an even more amazing vacation value. So, if you've always dreamed of a Europe vacation, we'll make that vacation even dreamier.

That is what I thought it was but I saw someone on here post about getting both OBC and the drink package when they booked the Summit to Bermuda.

Well dad-gummit! I was told that BOTH had to upgrade! Did you book through a TA or Celebrity? We booked through a TA and our really good lady has left and now we're stuck with Mr. Unhappy!

Would it be possible to upgrade once we got onboard perhaps? I REALLY don't want to talk with Mr. Unhappy again!

Hi Carole,

I was advised the same. It's 11.50 per person, per day (with grats included) to upgrade to premium. If you are interested in the premium upgrade, both Guests on the booking must purchase. I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

You can use either Celebrity direct, or a TA.

I was asking if the OP had used a TA to book there original cruise or if they used Celebrity. I wanted to see if they did book originally with a TA and then called Celebrity for the offer. If that is possible to call Celebrity even though you booked with a TA to take advantage of getting this added to a already booked cruise.

I was asking if the OP had used a TA to book there original cruise or if they used Celebrity. I wanted to see if they did book originally with a TA and then called Celebrity for the offer. If that is possible to call Celebrity even though you booked with a TA to take advantage of getting this added to a already booked cruise.

Hi Huksyla,

If you booked with a TA, you must contact your TA to make changes to your booking. I hope this helps !

I have a 14 day caribbean cruise on the eclipse booked for christmas. I changed my booking yesterday to to get the classic package. I want to upgrade to the premium. Do I have to do it before jan. 27?

Thank you in advance from Sweden

I contacted our TA and we got the drink package added. Upgraded it to premium for only $11.50/person per day. We booked our cruise in the fall of 2012. We're saving a little over $800! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used ***********.com o book my trip. I was already paid in full for the trip. At first they told me I would have to cancel and rebookmo get the promotion. And since we have a family balcony room we might Lise it. I called celebrity and they told me all the travel agency had to do was call and they would add on the package. however, I did not have any on board credits , if I did I would have lost them if they were from celebrity. however I did not lose my perked from cr use quick.com. And they only charged me a 25.00 revision fee. I have used them for my lat 4 cruises and I always get the best price. Try calling celebrity direct. Good luck.

Well dad-gummit! I was told that BOTH had to upgrade! Did you book through a TA or Celebrity? We booked through a TA and our really good lady has left and now we're stuck with Mr. Unhappy!

Would it be possible to upgrade once we got onboard perhaps? I REALLY don't want to talk with Mr. Unhappy again!

I was told by Celebrity that you had to upgrade before the promotion ended.

I have a 14 day caribbean cruise on the eclipse booked for christmas. I changed my booking yesterday to to get the classic package. I want to upgrade to the premium. Do I have to do it before jan. 27?

Thank you in advance from Sweden

Hi roxette

Would you mind letting me know how you managed to get this amended as notice you're based in Sweden and I was told by Celebrity it's USA only bookings? I'm still waiting for Celebrity to come back to me after I emailed them a screen print of their offer and NOWHERE does it states USA only.

Many Thanks

Just a quick FYI, I asked about upgrading to the premium and was told that BOTH of us had to do it, not just me. My husband is quite content with the classic as he mainly drinks beer, but for me, the wines are restrictive on teh classic and I'd LIKE to upgrade, but it's not worth it if we both have to upgrade. :(

Once you are onboard you can upgrade your drink package for the daily difference (of course the 15% gratuity too), and the bartender will put a sticker over the preprinted text on your card. That's how I went from my prepaid soda-only to the premium-NA on my cruise, and the bartender won't know you didn't pay for the first bit.

I think I will try that.....just wait until I get onboard. I doubt the bartender will require BOTH of us to upgrade, and I'll just pay the difference - something I was willing to do now!

Seems a bit sily for X to require something before you board that you can do onboard - especially since the cost is the same!

Ah well, the hoops we jump through to have a good time!

Once you are onboard you can upgrade your drink package for the daily difference (of course the 15% gratuity too), and the bartender will put a sticker over the preprinted text on your card. That's how I went from my prepaid soda-only to the premium-NA on my cruise, and the bartender won't know you didn't pay for the first bit.

I Just booked and I can answer this question for all concerned.

Once you book and get your confimation number from your TA, login to celebrity, add your cruise, select Alcohol packages, You will see Premium package listed as From $70 based on 7 days for my cruise. Select this and you can choose the person who you want to upgrade. Not everyone has to upgrade. .

Guest No. of Packages Price

All Guests

Joseph A

80.50 USD

Joseph E

0.00 USD

Classic to Premium Package Upgrade 80.50 USD comes on my invoice I just did on the webpage.

Edited by Bosjoe

Thought i'd give you a giggle - currently on hold with Celebrity Aus who have just told me that info on Cruise Critic is 'rubbish' & that posters have only 'generally cruised once or twice' .... on hold to speak to a supervisor!

Good luck, I'm just off the phone, same issue, the drinks package. The person I spoke to was adamant, no drinks packages for bookings made here and websites that said different were lying !

Hilary :)

Greetings everyone. Let me add a slightly different twist to the current promotion. Three great options and if you sail Europe you get to choose two. We booked today and were told that one of our options had to be the drink package. I understand that for our 12 day cruise this is worth over $1,000 and most people will choose the drink package, but my wife and I don't drink alcohol and not a lot of soft drinks so that is a lot of bottled water and specialty coffee's (my wife doesn't even drink coffee so she gets a lot of tea :)). We actually love San Pelligrino but I understand that you can't even get that since it is considered premium. Interesting.

I told our travel agent that it says choose 2 and he actually called Celebrity and was told that one of the 2 had to be the drinks package. So, we have a 2 drinks packages and $300 OBC.

Thought i'd give you a giggle - currently on hold with Celebrity Aus who have just told me that info on Cruise Critic is 'rubbish' & that posters have only 'generally cruised once or twice' .... on hold to speak to a supervisor!

Can you please let us know how you go? I tried to get my Aus TA to add the package but they said the same thing, not a chance in hell.. which is really unfair when everyone in the States can get it added. At least I've learnt a lesson: Never book with an aussie TA or even Celebrity AU again.

Edited by mikeyg0

Can you please let us know how you go? I tried to get my Aus TA to add the package but they said the same thing, not a chance in hell.. which is really unfair when everyone in the States can get it added. At least I've learnt a lesson: Never book with an aussie TA or even Celebrity AU again.

I have also had a big no from my Celebrity Consultant here in Oz for our Sth America/Panama cruise March 2014. I have refered my request up the line and have asked for an explanation of why Aussie bookings are being discriminated against.

After booking most of my cruises in the US this is the first time I have booked here. Back to the US for future bookings for me.

Debbie

Just a quick FYI, I asked about upgrading to the premium and was told that BOTH of us had to do it, not just me. My husband is quite content with the classic as he mainly drinks beer, but for me, the wines are restrictive on teh classic and I'd LIKE to upgrade, but it's not worth it if we both have to upgrade. :(

I too made the same request today. I was told however that once aboard, I could go to the beverage manager (or someone like that) and they could upgrade me to the premium package and my DW would not have to upgrade. I just cannot do this prior to boarding. I hope this info is true and it helps you as well.

Good News! Our TA was able to get the drink packages added to our cruise! We lost our paid gratuities, but were able to keep the promotion that we had on our cabin. So, we are thrilled! Plan on booking a 2014 cruise during the promotion for next year!! Sweet!!:):)

Our TA was able to do the same thing for us as well. Awesome! Not to one-up you, but our TA also said they would honour the paid gratuities out of their commission on top of the beverage package. I hope you find another amazing Celebrity cruise to book to take advantage of this promo.

I have also had a big no from my Celebrity Consultant here in Oz for our Sth America/Panama cruise March 2014. I have refered my request up the line and have asked for an explanation of why Aussie bookings are being discriminated against.

Maybe Celebrity AU knows that most Aussies can drink the average American under the table and they know that can't afford to offer this via Celebrity AU (humour intended ;) so don't take that personally).

I sympathize with your argument. I am Canadian and have booked Delta flights before. They have a policy where you can get a refund for price differences if the price drops within a certain time frame. I saw a price drop and called them. It seems that only people with an American mailing address are eligible for the refund. Seems like discrimination to me as well. I know how you must feel.

Did you book your orginal cruise booking with celebrity or did you use a TA? Thank you!!!

Hi there...I'd put complete trust in Host Andy's answer about either being fine. To answer your question, I originally booked directly with X using their super sparkly website.

As a side note, when I called and followed the promo for updating an existing booking, it just went to a fast busy signal. So, I called back and chose the "I want to buy me a cruise" option, and asked to be transferred.

Sent by Sam1 and her S3

I too made the same request today. I was told however that once aboard, I could go to the beverage manager (or someone like that) and they could upgrade me to the premium package and my DW would not have to upgrade. I just cannot do this prior to boarding. I hope this info is true and it helps you as well.

Read my above post. You can do this online in your Celebrity booking page.