New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Was so excited to book our first ever cruise and now Celebrity UK is telling me the offer does not apply to the UK!!! Not a very good start...

Not sure if it is ok to ask this (if not Sorry) but can I book via the .com webiste and still get the offer? Or alternatively how do I get a US travel agent?

The UK Celebrity reservation staff I spoke to was no help as all he said I would not be able to book via the US as not a US resident...

We have also booked through a US TA in the past, so it is possible! :)

I had a cruise booked with an open passage. They let me take off my $100 credit and replace it with one of the current offers. I figured $200 OBC is better than $100 even though I technically "lost" my open passage perk. Of course I wish I had waited, but you just never know when these things will come up. I am satisfied!!:)

I believe that once you're on board, you can upgrade a purchased package. I don't see why this would be different. I'm not certain if that can be done ahead of time however.

This is speculative I should say, hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

Greetings

The current sale being advertised includes a free Classic beverage package. Does anyone know if that package can be upgraded to the Preminum package by paying the difference? Thanks for the help.

Good Sailing

Tom

Hi Tom,

As mentioned in the fine print, you can upgrade to the Premium package for an additional charge of 11.50 per person, per day. Please check my first post in this thread for details. Thanks !

I believe that once you're on board, you can upgrade a purchased package. I don't see why this would be different. I'm not certain if that can be done ahead of time however.

This is speculative I should say, hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

Hi Maccruisefan,

In the fine print, it mentions contacting your TA or Celebrity (if you booked direct) to purchase the package upgrade. I'm not certain if the upgrade can be purchased once onboard, but if anyone wishes to upgrade, I highly recommend making the purchase in advance. This way, you know it's taken care of, and will avoid any disappointment.

I hope this helps !

I just booked my cruise for the TA on Silhouette 12/1/03. I chose the beverage package and told them I wanted to upgrade to the premium package. They said in 6-8 weeks the upgraded charge will be added to my reservation and can be paid at the time when final payment is due. They also said you could upgrade when you get on the ship. I figured why not pay for it before.

Was so excited to book our first ever cruise and now Celebrity UK is telling me the offer does not apply to the UK!!! Not a very good start...

Not sure if it is ok to ask this (if not Sorry) but can I book via the .com webiste and still get the offer? Or alternatively how do I get a US travel agent?

The UK Celebrity reservation staff I spoke to was no help as all he said I would not be able to book via the US as not a US resident...

You need a US address to be able to book through a US Travel Agent.

As stated before there is an on- line Travel Agent who was still advertising 'All inclusive' Celebrity packages, stating that the Classic Drinks Package was included, I think to the end of January. I am not allowed, by the rules of this site, to name the TA.

Sorry.

You do not need an US address to book with Celebrity.

I always book my cruises with an US agent - no problems at all:):)

Oh well I was getting quite tempted to book something in the Med for this year, but as it doesn't include UK passengers for the drinks package, I won't bother. :(

I will wait and see what the prices do, we usually buy the non alcoholic package which we love, the alchohol we get in the Elite lounge is nearly enough to keep us going for the evening, but we wouldn't want to be the only nearly sober people on the ship:)

Just got a call back from my cruise consultant at X.. Can't be combined PERIOD! I could re-book with no problem BUT at a higher rate - no senior discount; however that would cost more than the free options. Oh well, it didn't hurt to ask, and I like Enid a lot. We have booked with her in the past and she's done well by us!

Donna

Oh well I was getting quite tempted to book something in the Med for this year, but as it doesn't include UK passengers for the drinks package, I won't bother. :(

I will wait and see what the prices do, we usually buy the non alcoholic package which we love, the alchohol we get in the Elite lounge is nearly enough to keep us going for the evening, but we wouldn't want to be the only nearly sober people on the ship:)

Eclipse sailings from Southampton have this package included in the price see http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

I am very tempted by this offer. The fine print says, "Single occupancy bookings eligible for Offer." If I choose the OBC, does for an 11 night cruise, would I get $300 OBC (for the cabin) or only $150 since most bookings are double occupancy? I'll be traveling solo. Also, does anyone know what the price is for soft drinks if you purchase them individually?

TIA!

Paula

Edited by LucyDiamond

Have a B2B scheduled for next fall. Noticed on the link Andy posted that (if you search the applicable sailings in Europe) TA's are included if they start from Europe.

Just checked with Celebrity. TransAtlantics that end in US only qualify as a US sailing. So you don't get a choice of two which would of made this a fantastic offer with the cabin increase. Still is a good deal for the drink package.

Also, does anyone know what the price is for soft drinks if you purchase them individually?

Paula

It's $2.30. EACH! :eek: Next time I will wrap a case of cans of Coke and put a luggage tag on it to help soften the blow. ;)

Wish I could do the same for my martini addiction as well! :rolleyes:

Eclipse sailings from Southampton have this package included in the price see http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/cruise-deals/

Hi thanks for infomation, I had realised this was an option, but not keen on itinery, loved the Adriatic cruise we did in October on Silhouette (also for half the price) but thanks anyway.:) Sailing from Southampton would be brilliant though!!!!

I just went online and cancelled my reservation for April 2014 - then I rebooked it - same cabin 6143 on Constellation, called them and they added the beverage package :) I do not see it on the reservation yet, I will give it 2 days and call again.

I just booked! What a great deal! I called my TA on Thursday to make this booking and she told me to wait until today because of the Celebrity promo that was to begin today. We chose the Classic Drink Package upgraded to Premium. We have to call our agent's customer service in two weeks to make the upgrade. My TA offered us pre-paid gratuities, plus we discovered that our concierge cabin selection was priced at $100 less per person than the price on Celebrity's website, so there was another $200 saved! Today was a very good day!!

Thanks Karpela, did you have to give an US address as Jackie and Adrian mentioned in the post just before yours?

No we didn't. I have just checked their website tho and I'm not sure if they are doing this promotion.

Send me an email and I'll send you the link. You could always ring them, it's free from the UK.

the 4 karpels at aol dot com

Forgive me if someone already answered this, but what happens if the drinks onboard the ship go up and the Classic Package only covers coffees or maybe beer? We usually like wine with dinner, but I'm concerned that once we choose the classic beverage promotion for drinks up to $8 there won't be any wines available at that price in November. Do you think Celebrity would then raise the allowed rate (i.e. $8/glass for lower priced wines) in the classic beverage package to match the new onboard drink prices?