New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

I'm on the 2/24 Silhouette sailing and I was relatively happy with the rate that I got ($929 pp for a 2B) at a residents rate. I will be bummed for sure if that rate is still the same and I miss out on goodies.

I was previously booked on a Royal Caribbean cruise and it was just under deposit. An OBC promo came out and I looked at the very fine print to see that it stated in writing that promo is available for NEW bookings only and had the stipulation that if you cancel a current booking and rebook, their system would catch that and not apply the promo. I didn't see that exact wording in Andy's post so I wish you folks luck if you have to cancel/rebook to get the goodies. For those of us in final payment status, we're probably out of luck.

I understand the reason they do this, but it still stings when a good deal comes out just before my cruise. I have to plan my vacations so far in advance, I don't ever get luck with the last minute fill the ship up deals.

I am extremely excited about this trip though. Not so much the itinerary (Western Carib) but for the ship and the brand. This will be my first Celebrity Cruise!

If this keeps up the future cruise credits are less and less interesting, because, when can you use it? Seems we keep pushing out cruises to take advantage of a better current offer. Low prices are great, but our on board bill is enough that this is just as good.

I was very excited when I saw this online yesterday but in checking the T&C on the Australian Celebrity website it was pretty clear I could not cancel & re-book my cruise for the deal as follows:

"Offer is not applicable to bookings made prior to the sale period (Offer, Booked or Courtesy Hold status). Any existing booking which is cancelled at any time and then rebooked for same ship and sailing within the offer period, will not be eligible for the promotion."

I am on a panama canal cruise and don't have other options but good luck to those of you that do. I am still hoping they have the anticipated (?) January 10% off on the drink packages.

:)

Does this apply to UK? Can't see anything in the small print to say it's confined to US but it seems a bit too good to be true!!

I think the promotion is on until the end of Jan in UK. As I understand it, it for sailings from Southampton on Eclipse and Harwich on Infinity.

I don't think it a combination one, I think only the drinks package section- the Classic.

Even so, that would save £s as it includes water & sodas.

I think the promotion is on until the end of Jan in UK. As I understand it, it for sailings from Southampton on Eclipse and Harwich on Infinity.

I don't think it a combination one, I think only the drinks package section- the Classic.

Even so, that would save £s as it includes water & sodas.

However, the price for our Infinity trip is now far higher than it was before they added in the drinks package and does not include free parking, so it's not the deal you think! We will still be PAYD* on this trip and well ahead on current offers

* Pay as you drink

Edited by uktog

However, the price for our Infinity trip is now far higher than it was before they added in the drinks package and does not include free parking, so it's not the deal you think! We will still be PAYD* on this trip and well ahead on current offers

* Pay as you drink

Good to know.

Not being at home at the moment, I cannot make a direct comparison for our TA from Harwich on 24th oct.

We are excited and are going to try and book this. However can anyone tell me what this part of the requirement means?

..... and for Cruises sold at a Fivestar or Group X price program rate ??

Thanks in advance! Also, we would be NEW to Celebrity. We have sailed a bunch of NCL cruses, one RCL, and a few Carnival. Loved them all, we are non-discriminatory cruisers. Never even thought of Celebrity, in fact, didn't even realize they were still around, (sorry, Celebrity), until they popped up on the TA page that I use with my filters. Any advice, thoughts, important points regarding this line as it compares to others? Thanks so much.

* Pay as you drink

Good to know.

Edited by upwarduk
Duplicate post, slow Internet connection

Thanks for the information! I find out so many things on here that I normally wouldn't know!

I will be one of the people calling on Monday asking 1) If I can use my Open Passages Certificate and 2) Would the offer still be good if I booked now and had to change cruises later.

I'm expecting the answers to be "no" but I am hopeful :)

Was the price increase under the link that Andy posted?

Yes it was. Even with the extras like gratuities, drink package, etc., the cruises we are looking at would cost more than a day or two ago. So, it's not as good as it sounds. And so many restrictions.

Note that I had not been watching prices on Celebrity, but on online travel agents.

Just wondering if you can book with a Celebrity Passage Certificate. We have one from our last cruise and would love to use it:)

Hi Ugaucruisers,

I've noticed a few folks asking about the Passages Certificate. I will be happy to ask, and see what I can find out.

Edited by Host Andy

Yes it was. Even with the extras like gratuities, drink package, etc., the cruises we are looking at would cost more than a day or two ago. So, it's not as good as it sounds. And so many restrictions.

Note that I had not been watching prices on Celebrity, but on online travel agents.

I check the prices very regularly for my cruises and there has been no increase since the announcement. But the two European cruises I booked last March have increased steadily over the months where this offer is not a benefit to us. But I am going to be watching the 2014 Asia cruise to see if it jumps before Monday as the price has not changed since we booked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For those who are wondering if this offer can be combined with an open passage certificate... I checked with Celebrity on Friday and the answer is NO. Bummer... And, adding insult to injury, my March cruise on the Summit has gone up since Thursday by about $100. Still, that drinks package sure looks sweet:)

Edited by Tangocherie

For those who are wondering if this offer can be combined with an open passage certificate...

Thanks for letting us know. As the documentation states not combinable with other offers, that's what I suspected. If I hear anything stating otherwise, I will post on this thread.

Host Andy,

Could you find out if you were to book a cruise and then later on need to change dates, ships, etc, if the perk chosen would transfer to the new sailing? If not, I can always call Monday.

Bummer about the Passages Certificate, but not surprising.

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks. I can see Solstice as $100 cheaper on an online site so she probably did go up $100. I'm fine with that for a $500 drink package :)

I wonder if the price of the cruise drops between booking and the cruise, if you get the price drop and still keep this promotion. probably not. The secret, I suppose, would be to book this and then never check the pricing again.;):)

Hi Thebutlerdidit,

This promotion can be booked direct with Celebrity, or a TA.

As to your question wondering whether you can receive perks from your TA along with the offers in this promotion... as the fine print states not combinable with other offers, I'd say it's doubtful. The only person that can answer with certainty, is your TA.

Good Luck !

Hi Andy

Thanks for keeping us up to date on all these promos.

I think that your answer to the butlerdidit may have been misleading. Normally, when the fine print says not combinable, they are referring to other perks from Celebrity. What the TA does is irrelevant. In most cases, a TA who would otherwise offer free gratuities would come up with a comparable incentive if Celebrity offered free tips.

Like an earlier poster, I am getting overwhelmed and confused with all the various offers, incentives, promos, gift cards, specials, etc.

If they really want to give me an incentive to book, have them restore the pollicy that would honor price reductions after final payment.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

I was very excited when I saw this online yesterday but in checking the T&C on the Australian Celebrity website it was pretty clear I could not cancel & re-book my cruise for the deal as follows:

"Offer is not applicable to bookings made prior to the sale period (Offer, Booked or Courtesy Hold status). Any existing booking which is cancelled at any time and then rebooked for same ship and sailing within the offer period, will not be eligible for the promotion."

I am on a panama canal cruise and don't have other options but good luck to those of you that do. I am still hoping they have the anticipated (?) January 10% off on the drink packages.

:)

I called Celebrity today, and the customer service rep. said that if I cancel my current booking and then rebook at a higher cabin category, it would count as a new booking. I will call again on Monday to confirm.

I wonder if the price of the cruise drops between booking and the cruise, if you get the price drop and still keep this promotion. probably not. The secret, I suppose, would be to book this and then never check the pricing again.;):)

Yes, you would still get the price drop, but you have to ask for it! However, with all the "specials" going on right now I don't believe there will be a lot of price drops. :(

Edited by gimletgal

Yes, you would still get the price drop, but you have to ask for it! However, with all the "specials" going on right now I don't believe there will be a lot of price drops. :(

Well, prices for Reflection and Silhouette are pretty low now for balcony cabins. And in the past, we have found some excellent prices on Celebrity for the weeks just after Easter. We booked Eclipse and Solstice a few years ago for very low prices .... similar to what they were in January. So if we could get that plus the drink package, we'd very verrrrry happy.:D